2024 NFL Playoffs - Wild Card Weekend

TrashMaster G

HaHaHaHa😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Screenshot_20240110-101224_kindlephoto-4794949.thumb.png.4a3c7e700f0869cee686170cb78c87d5.png

Screenshot_20240110-101311_kindlephoto-4840821.png.65facb83cc894791500c95dd3117d6ba.png

It might not be personal, but Matthew’s wife Kelly still didn’t appreciate the proposed jersey ban.

“Well this is sad because it’s the completely [sic] opposite of how we feel about this city, but Matthew has always been the bigger person and will continue to be that,” Kelly commented. “Praying for an incredible game with zero injuries.”

It's crazy that this could be the first year Mahomes actually plays a road playoff game. Has played 14 total playoff games, 11 at home and the other 3 were Super Bowls. Unless you count the Super Bowl against Tampa being a road game? It isn't one on paper.

I'm not sure what the record is for most playoff games in a row at home. I'm sure Brady had a shit ton in a row at home. 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

HaHaHaHa😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Screenshot_20240110-101224_kindlephoto-4794949.thumb.png.4a3c7e700f0869cee686170cb78c87d5.png

Screenshot_20240110-101311_kindlephoto-4840821.png.65facb83cc894791500c95dd3117d6ba.png

It might not be personal, but Matthew’s wife Kelly still didn’t appreciate the proposed jersey ban.

“Well this is sad because it’s the completely [sic] opposite of how we feel about this city, but Matthew has always been the bigger person and will continue to be that,” Kelly commented. “Praying for an incredible game with zero injuries.”

That's dumb af. 

• Hook 'Em 1

HaHaHaHa

Jv shit from a JV franchise.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'm not sure what the record is for most playoff games in a row at home. I'm sure Brady had a shit ton in a row at home. 

Brady’s longest streak is 11 games which includes 2 Super Bowls. 

• Like 1

Brady’s longest streak is 11 games which includes 2 Super Bowls. 
And Mahomes, like Brady, benefited from a division that gave him no real threat. Neither had another team that was even close. This allowed them to continue to dominate the division and get a bye in the wild card round.

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

HaHaHaHa😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You guys ripping the Lions organization for this do realize that this is no way affiliated with the team itself, right?  "The Detroit Line" is a social media account and "lifestyle brand," i.e., a T-shirt seller.  The Lions aren't affiliated with this and aren't banning anyone from the stadium.  Do a little research on the owner, Sheila Ford Hamp--all class.  And you might want to temper whatever you hear from Kelly Stafford, well-known to speak before she thinks.

I could see Amy Strunk Adams and the Titans pulling something like this (e.g., donning the Oilers uniforms earlier this year, classless), but not the Lions as currently constructed.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 6:20 PM, TrashMaster G said:

I really don't understand this phrase. People tend to use it in reference to an offensive shootout, one where teams are alternating scores, unable to make any defensive stops. But, if this is the case, doesn't the last team with the ball find themselves behind because the other team just scored?

You  see game winning FG's as the clock expires all the time. 

Buffalo is spending over $1 billion on a new stadium WITHOUT a roof. With the cost of stadiums today the events you are willfully passing on, such as Super Bowls, Final Fours, CFP Championship games, it’s just negligent that the state of NY and city of Buffalo didn’t insist on a roof. Poor stewardship of tax dollars and idiotic to force your citizens to suffer in conditions like these.

Edited by Macklemore

14 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Buffalo is spending over $1 billion on a new stadium WITHOUT a roof. With the cost of stadiums today the events you are willfully passing on, such as Super Bowls, Final Fours, CFP Championship games, it’s just negligent that the state of NY and city of Buffalo didn’t insist on a roof. Poor stewardship of tax dollars and idiotic to force your citizens to suffer in conditions like these.

Won't somebody please think of the well being of the bills fans?

jump-ouch.gif

Oh.  Nevermind

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I'm honestly against every stadium being a fucking dome. They all look relatively the same as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Also, building a covered stadium that can handle the amount of lake effect snow they get is quite an engineering challenge, I imagine.

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm honestly against every stadium being a fucking dome. They all look relatively the same as well.

Take a look at what the Titans are building in Nashville. Pretty fucking impressive aesthetically and from a fan amenity/comfort perspective. I hate Amy Adams Strunk and that entire family but there is no doubt they have made a smart decision to ditch an open air stadium for a dome. Nashville will be a regular stop for Final Fours, Super Bowls and CFP championships now.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/9/2024 at 1:45 PM, Minute Bull said:

Huge Lions fan here (50 loooooong years).  This game is going to be off the hook.  45-42...last team with the ball wins.

Rams' biggest weakness is special teams, so Lions need to score a special teams TD to win it I think.

Don't worry, if you lose, just have the meathead coach cry about the refs to cover for his own stupidity, and the fans can put up billboards declaring themselves the winner. You can even have the whole offseason to cry and whine incessantly. 

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This generation is full of pussies.

No game has ever been played in such conditions (up to 15” snow mid game with these winds). The wind makes it impossible to plow and keep up with the 3” per hour rates we see. If it were just snow, that’s fine. If it were just wind, that’s fine. Combined, it’s quite unusable to do anything in. Power outages will be prevalent and NY has issued a state of emergency.  

It’ll be an awful game in that weather. I think it moves to Monday night when the bands off the lake have slowed down greatly. We’ll know soon enough. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I sort of get Buffalo not having a roof, beyond the engineering issue mentioned above, they aren't going to be hosting major events. The one that is truly baffling in MetLife stadium in NY (NJ). Jerryworld in the middle of nowhere gets major indoor events, NYC would certainly use it constantly. They spent $1.5 billion, whats a few extra hundred mil for a roof? Winter weather isn't going to get any milder any time soon. It would be pretty easy for Buffalo to play at Metlife this weekend if it a roof.

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I sort of get Buffalo not having a roof, beyond the engineering issue mentioned above, they aren't going to be hosting major events. The one that is truly baffling in MetLife stadium in NY (NJ). Jerryworld in the middle of nowhere gets major indoor events, NYC would certainly use it constantly. They spent $1.5 billion, whats a few extra hundred mil for a roof? Winter weather isn't going to get any milder any time soon. It would be pretty easy for Buffalo to play at Metlife this weekend if it a roof.

The Bills mafia would riot and burn down the entire state of New York.

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This whole "that's football weather" is puzzling.  Football starts at the end of summer and goes into the fall. Only a small portion of it is played in the true winter with this type of weather. 

In the south it starts at the end of summer and goes through summer lite.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

If you want to go to a playoff game and freeze your dick off, now is your chance

A6AD49BE-69F0-4918-810D-6A8AC631AD4F.thumb.jpeg.2000004be34eeae51002a4d322b2255f.jpeg

D417CD20-3D98-4378-96E7-968386E0D46E.thumb.jpeg.674695bad75a76338ea6ac376459dacc.jpeg

Looks like KC and Buffalo fans are dumping their tickets just to get out of them. I don't care what area you are from, that is a miserable environment to be in for any event.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Don't worry, if you lose, just have the meathead coach cry about the refs to cover for his own stupidity, and the fans can put up billboards declaring themselves the winner. You can even have the whole offseason to cry and whine incessantly. 

Who's crying?  not me, not Dan Campbell.  I do note that ref Brad Allen has mysteriously not been assigned a playoff game to referee, hmmm.

Like Campbell said after the Lions-Cowboys game, "see you again in a couple weeks."  I pray both teams win this weekend so "meathead" Campbell can match wits with noted genius game manager Mike McCarthy.  You know, the guy who had a chance to leave the Lions with no time on the clock but decided to leave them plenty of time to march down and score the winning (oops, almost winning) touchdown.

• Hook 'Em 1

Here's the Bills' weather ... 

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM SATURDAY TO 1 PM EST
MONDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow and strong winds expected. Total
  snow accumulations of 1 to 3 feet in the most persistent lake
  snows. Winds gusting as high as 60 mph. The strongest winds
  will be Saturday into Sunday. Blizzard conditions will be
  possible at times, especially Saturday night and Sunday.

* WHERE...The Eastern Lake Ontario Region.

* WHEN...From 4 PM Saturday to 1 PM EST Monday.

* IMPACTS...Travel will be very difficult to impossible.
  Widespread blowing snow will significantly reduce visibility.
  Strong winds could cause tree damage.

20 minutes ago, Minute Bull said:

Who's crying?  not me, not Dan Campbell.  I do note that ref Brad Allen has mysteriously not been assigned a playoff game to referee, hmmm.

Like Campbell said after the Lions-Cowboys game, "see you again in a couple weeks."  I pray both teams win this weekend so "meathead" Campbell can match wits with noted genius game manager Mike McCarthy.  You know, the guy who had a chance to leave the Lions with no time on the clock but decided to leave them plenty of time to march down and score the winning (oops, almost winning) touchdown.

Yeah, so over it, lol. Allen was downgraded for calling tripping on the wrong fucking team, not because he failed to help aggy Dan execute a stupid trick play. And maybe talk to a Cowboys fan every once in a while, we hate Fat Mike and his clock management, but at least he’s not a little bitch blaming the refs for his own fuck ups.

image.jpeg.3f740457794ce07baaa5314b7bfa5c0d.jpeg

• Haha 1

Here's the Bills' weather ... 
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM SATURDAY TO 1 PM ESTMONDAY...* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow and strong winds expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 feet in the most persistent lake snows. Winds gusting as high as 60 mph. The strongest winds will be Saturday into Sunday. Blizzard conditions will be possible at times, especially Saturday night and Sunday.* WHERE...The Eastern Lake Ontario Region.* WHEN...From 4 PM Saturday to 1 PM EST Monday.* IMPACTS...Travel will be very difficult to impossible. Widespread blowing snow will significantly reduce visibility. Strong winds could cause tree damage.

Me eating chili in my house telling them they’re pussies and it ain’t that bad out

Probably should’ve made the call on Monday, or when schedules came out just last weekend to switch the Cleveland/Tenn game and Buffalo/Pitt game to Saturday at like noon.
  • Haha 2