Greg Orders Texas National Guard To Seize Park in Eagle Pass, Bars Border Patrol/CBP

atomheartbevo

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Wait, why are they having a border rally in dripping springs? 

Not just that, why would that be a staging point?  Not like it’s an easy shot to Eagle Pass from right there.  I think the answer is those MAGAtards at One Shot Distillery was the only place that would have them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Not just that, why would that be a staging point?  Not like it’s an easy shot to Eagle Pass from right there.  I think the answer is those MAGAtards at One Shot Distillery was the only place that would have them. 

Think of it as a safe space? Austin is weird. San Antonio is 'ethnic,' and DS is 71% white?

10 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Follow the grift.  These places are picked for a reason.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yeah I'm wondering what's their planned route cuz there's a good chance I'll be going into Austin from Blanco on Thaturday on wanna avoid that shit train.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Crenshaw has some amazing moments of clarity.  He could have been a really solid Representative for Texas.

I’m sure you’re being sarcastic. There’s nothing “amazing” about that take. He can eat shit with the rest of them.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, South Austin said:

I’m sure you’re being sarcastic. There’s nothing “amazing” about that take. He can eat shit with the rest of them.

I was, but I will say there are times where he shows a little self-awareness, and yet for a guy who, on paper, seems brave/tough, he still doesn’t seem to have figured out who he wants to be.

22 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Yeah I'm wondering what's their planned route cuz there's a good chance I'll be going into Austin from Blanco on Thaturday on wanna avoid that shit train.

Supposedly leaving Dripping Springs later this morning.  I’m guessing it’s a bunch of RV people, and retirees staying at hotels along the way.  And most are probably social media influencers.

32 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

If you live in Blanco, how would you discern the difference?

• Haha 2

My favorite part of this whole thing is the fact that some of them got lost.  How do you miss Texas in this day and age of GPS?

I guess a Cricket flip phone might not have been the best choice for some of these geniuses.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Fair point, tho I do expect the border convoy to be a stop and go travelling clown show of mutual fart sniffing. I'd like to avoid that. 

If you need help identifying them…there are dozens of them.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My favorite part of this whole thing is the fact that some of them got lost.  How do you miss Texas in this day and age of GPS?

I guess a Cricket flip phone might not have been the best choice for some of these geniuses.

Rolling into Dripping Springs with Honky Lips spray painted on the side of the Family Trickster.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Apparently they are pretty close to my house. My wife just texted me they invaded her coffee place and she’s pissed. She says their signs are scary and it’s really weird. 

They’re up at the corner of 12 and Fitzhugh, or were last night.  

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Have them?

Wanted them?

Owner is full on MAGA / QAnon.  Never spending a penny there.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/akv33a/phil-waldron-powerpoint-incited-jan-6

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/01/06/texans-jan-6-insurrection/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/26/politics/meadows-texts-phil-waldron-seize-voting-machines-election-fraud/index.html

"Another Texan, retired Army Col. Phil Waldron, was enlisted by Trump allies to disrupt the election’s certification. Waldron, of Dripping Springs, declined to answer most of the Select Committee’s questions during his interview, but circulated a 38-page PowerPoint presentation that, among other things, called for Trump to declare a state of emergency and seize voting machines, the Select Committee said. The plan was dismissed by most White House officials but intrigued Trump, who “was very interested in keeping pathways to victory open,” Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien told the Select Committee."

Edited by texasdago
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Apparently they are pretty close to my house. My wife just texted me they invaded her coffee place and she’s pissed. She says their signs are scary and it’s really weird. 

Yeah, their need to shove their freedom in your fucking face gets reaall annoying.  This guy insists on exercising his 2A rights on public streets outside tourist businesses up here.  Turns out tourists don’t like shopping with an AR in their face.  I am hoping that someday it dawns on these people that true freedom is just living your life in peace, and letting your neighbor do the same.

IMG_4499.png.ddd07289d5cdd2d3af059eb35147426d.png

On Sunday, August 27, Danny Taylor, the armed man who has taken to standing on the north side of the intersection of First and F Streets in downtown Salida, donned, in addition to an AR15 pattern assault rifle, a megaphone instead of the upside-down American flag he usually carries. He began broadcasting speech directed at Ark Valley Voice. 

Law enforcement officials contacted in regard to this incident have dismissed it, claiming Taylor is just exercising his First and Second Amendment Rights. 

But what ensued that afternoon calls into question whether a single individual’s right to possess an acknowledged dangerous firearm supersedes the rights of dozens of others who feel threatened by it, to both feel safe in their own businesses or travel peacefully through our city free from fear or intimidation.

https://arkvalleyvoice.com/downtown-salida-business-owners-residents-and-visitors-alarmed-and-fed-up-after-weekend-incident/

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Goredho said:

question whether a single individual’s right to possess an acknowledged dangerous firearm supersedes the rights of dozens of others who feel threatened by it, to both feel safe in their own businesses or travel peacefully through our city free from fear or intimidation.

SCOTUS:

Yes, why do you even ask?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I was told by super smart people that the political movement with the largest crowd should be in power.  They managed to get 97 people in the 3rd fastest growing county in Texas?  Wow.  They should absolutely take over our military and federal government.  Can somebody post the Al Pacino .gif..."I am...over-fucking-whelmed!" 

Misinformation spreads in China on ‘civil war’ in Texas

Amid the escalating border standoff between Texas and the White House over illegal immigration, misinformation has spread in China that the Lone Star state has officially declared war to secede from the US.

Popular Chinese outlets have been suggesting that events in Texas have led to deep divisions in the US widening to a point where unrest has become a stark reality.

More than 6.3m migrants have crossed into the US illegally since the beginning of 2021 - record highs that have intensified a standoff between President Joe Biden and Texas Governor Greg Abbott.

As part of his Operation Lone Star, Mr Abbott has sought to block or deter entry into his state, including by installing about 30 miles (48km) of razor wire barriers along the city of Eagle Pass.

The US Supreme Court ruled last month against Mr Abbott, but the Republican has vowed to add more razor wire to crack down on what he calls an "invasion".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68185317

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Amid the escalating border standoff between Texas and the White House over illegal immigration, misinformation has spread in China that the Lone Star state has officially declared war to secede from the US.

Popular Chinese outlets have been suggesting that events in Texas have led to deep divisions in the US widening to a point where unrest has become a stark reality.

More than 6.3m migrants have crossed into the US illegally since the beginning of 2021 - record highs that have intensified a standoff between President Joe Biden and Texas Governor Greg Abbott.

As part of his Operation Lone Star, Mr Abbott has sought to block or deter entry into his state, including by installing about 30 miles (48km) of razor wire barriers along the city of Eagle Pass.

The US Supreme Court ruled last month against Mr Abbott, but the Republican has vowed to add more razor wire to crack down on what he calls an "invasion".

Yeah, the disinfo is real.  TikTok is spreading it.  We're good friends with our son's German exchange family.  We have a regular groupchat.  Their son just forwarded some shitty TikTok "news" video (I looked at the guy's account -- he posts sensationalized, inaccurate "news stories" about any number of topics) that said we're on the edge of a civil war, 25 states have sided with Abbott and are joining their militaries with Texas, and some additional sensationalized bullshit, asking us "IS THIS TRUE?"  My answer was short -- no, it's all performative bullshit.  And, don't get your news from TikTok accounts, they are idiots like this guy misstating facts for clicks.

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Jesus, this is incredibly shitty reporting from the BBC. The 6.3 million data point is actually 6.3 million migrant encounters at and between ports of entry since Biden took office. That's not remotely the same as 6.3 million illegal crossings.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I was, but I will say there are times where he shows a little self-awareness, and yet for a guy who, on paper, seems brave/tough, he still doesn’t seem to have figured out who he wants to be.

Supposedly leaving Dripping Springs later this morning.  I’m guessing it’s a bunch of RV people, and retirees staying at hotels along the way.  And most are probably social media influencers.

I can confirm as I saw them leaving dripping this morning. I was at Starbucks and it was a small group of rv's and regular vehicles. Whatever stereotype you have in mind that an old white racist would drive in terms of Rvs you are correct. The dripping springs facebook page really brought out the idiots "praising god" and these "patriots". How the fuck are they patriots? They aren't serving our country in any way. They are accomplishing nothing. So fucking stupid and it is very clear that I'm surrounded by the dumb here in drip

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Crenshaw has some amazing moments of clarity.  He could have been a really solid Representative for Texas

For me he is a Texan Nancy Mace.  The moments of clarity are mainly when it’s convenient to prove their anti-establishment bonafides, i.e., there’s very little political risk to be out on that ledge.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Lulz. I’d take any of these migrants who actually like the US over home born Democratic voters. Not even think twice.  

I'm pretty sure the main things they like about the US are supported by those Democrats and rejected by you and your fellow shitbags.

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Being part of the free shit army is where the similarities end.  

Interesting.  While a slightly higher percentage of Democrats have received entitlements as compared to Republicans, the numbers flip when tallied as liberal/conservative.  But hey, your side is virtuous in your eyes and never takes a handout, you fucking hypocrite.

image.thumb.png.c42a07b12142211a1dc3cb8a762a660b.png

• Haha 1