Fire Rodney Terry

MuellerHorn

Lol. This is an embarrassment. Strategy is either bad or absent on both ends of the floor. 

This team should be winless in conference play.

They also should have a loss to a 6-10 Louisville team. 

I’m also very hesitant to think Texas will hold onto its sixth-ranked class. I bet at least one asks out of their NLI. 

• Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.thumb.png.3a5d8a4cc0fe5a828a298be0bc2bb4db.png

This is the worst hire this century.

Patterson sucked but the impact of getting rid of an elite coach who was building a monster of a program and was the perfect fit versus Patterson’s shitty 3 year reign and crappy hires of Potato and Shaka is not comparable in my book.  We were mediocre to shitty in football and MBB before Patterson. We were on the cusp of decades long greatness with Beard.

• Hook 'Em 2

The only good thing I can say is that at least this is the last year of Lowell Galindo and Longhorn Network. I slogged through seven years of that with Shaka and would rather be sent to the gulag than do that again. 

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This is the worst hire this century.

This won't even be one of the top 5 worst hires at Texas because Terry is gonna be gone in a year. 

If we stumble into a coach like Donovan these takes from @Macklemore are going to be hilarious. Elite 8 and Big 12 tournament title with 1 shitty year of RT is perfectly fine with me if it means we make a quick move when timing works out better with a coach like Donovan. 

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This won't even be one of the top 5 worst hires at Texas because Terry is gonna be gone in a year. 

If we stumble into a coach like Donovan these takes from @Macklemore are going to be hilarious. Elite 8 and Big 12 tournament title with 1 shitty year of RT is perfectly fine with me if it means we make a quick move when timing works out better with a coach like Donovan. 

I’d be ecstatic if we stumbled into Donovan but there is no way I see us getting rid of Terry after just 1 season after we failed miserably last season in handling the Beard situation and succumbed to the pressure to hire Terry after our EE run. Interim coaches rarely work long term.

Edited by Macklemore

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I’d be ecstatic if we stumbled into Donovan but there is no way I see us getting rid of Terry after just 1 season after we failed miserably last season and succumbed to the pressure to hire him. Interim coaches rarely work long term.

If Texas finishes with 3 to 5 Big 12 wins and all the roster turnover that's coming, it's almost a certainty. 

Texas paid $15.4 million to get rid of decent coach in Herman to hire Sark. I can't believe there are actually people that think Texas wouldn't pony up $12 million to get rid of RT if Donovan becomes available. 

This is just a no brainer. 

If Texas misses the tournament, Terry has to go.  He is being paid enough to warrant a short leash given his resume.  It wouldn’t be insane to give him another year, but the bar for him surviving past that should be pretty high.  Texas should be a perennial top 15 team in basketball.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Why was he going nuts during the postgame handshake? Telling UCF players they're classless and to not do that shit?

They were doing the Horns down to court-side fans. 

I’m sure some of his frustration also has to do with the fact his team blew a 15-point lead to a mid team and is more than likely going to miss the tournament. 

Edited by MuellerHorn

6 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

CDC getting more reasons to make a change. Not a good look for a HC

I mean, it's not exactly a bad look, either.  It's a "meh, who gives a shit?"  He was just telling them to cut out the horns down stupidity.

But...can we find some way to hook him up with Randi Trew?  Just to see what happens?

Edited by OU Sucks

17 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

It’s sad that I writhe with envy watching Cougar High play. I would kill to have Kelvin Sampson coach our team.

It took that cheater 5 years to start making a difference at cougar high....get some perspective. 

Our program has always flirted with being a top10, but more often than not has been average.  It is what it is.

And fuck that tweet crying about Rodney Terry getting after those UCF players.  If they're doing the horns down, punch them in the mouth.  Then maybe we'll see some fucking fight in this team.

I see 2 good stars on this team, and the rest a bunch of bench warmers & supporting cast.  If you had expectations that we were going to win the conference this season, that's on you.  

1 minute ago, freyguy said:

It took that cheater 5 years to start making a difference at cougar high....get some perspective. 

Our program has always flirted with being a top10, but more often than not has been average.  It is what it is.

And fuck that tweet crying about Rodney Terry getting after those UCF players.  If they're doing the horns down, punch them in the mouth.  Then maybe we'll see some fucking fight in this team.

I see 2 good stars on this team, and the rest a bunch of bench warmers & supporting cast.  If you had expectations that we were going to win the conference this season, that's on you.  

Cougar High had horrible facilities, was playing in the AAC, and had a 30 year gap of when they were last relevant. Sampson wouldn’t have those handicaps at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Cougar High had horrible facilities, was playing in the AAC, and had a 30 year gap of when they were last relevant. Sampson wouldn’t have those handicaps at Texas.

I don't disagree.  But we are mostly a team of scrubs as well.  Dude, I like Disu, but the mofo got shut down for 7 points tonight.  WTH man, he needs to learn to lead, or he'll never make it out of D league.

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Kelvin Sampson will be 69 at the start of next season. It's pretty clear UH is also already in the process of making a transition with his son in the near future. 

Please stop talking. 

Wow Terry just bought us an entire season of taunting on steroids with that shit..

Kind of saw this heading into the season roster talent was not there,  Ahmas is tiny, we aren't playing prison lockdown defense like last couple of years,  and with the worse coaching on top of that

Yeesh

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Kelvin Sampson will be 69 at the start of next season. It's pretty clear UH is also already in the process of making a transition with his son in the near future. 

Please stop talking. 

Sampson’s son is HCIW at Cougar High. I could see him leave after the end of this season to make way for his son. Who says he wouldn’t be up for a 5 year stint at Texas.

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Sampson’s son is HCIW at Cougar High. I could see him leave after the end of this season to make way for his son. Who says he wouldn’t be up for a 5 year stint at Texas.

Sampson's son is HCIW because the dude is 68 years old. Come on man. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

CDC getting more reasons to make a change. Not a good look for a HC

This job is too big for RT just like it was for Herman. As the head coach, you can't stoop to their level.

• Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If Texas finishes with 3 to 5 Big 12 wins and all the roster turnover that's coming, it's almost a certainty. 

Texas paid $15.4 million to get rid of decent coach in Herman to hire Sark. I can't believe there are actually people that think Texas wouldn't pony up $12 million to get rid of RT if Donovan becomes available. 

This is just a no brainer. 

Yes but Herman was an asshole losing croots