2024 Presidential Election Thread

bolverk

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Whatever sick shit you’re into, there’s a cave painting or ancient papyrus scroll depicting it, I guarantee. It’s the human condition.

I don’t think they had stepsisters stuck in clothes dryers back then. 

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

Sorry if this has been discussed already (this isn't a thread I regularly check) but anybody else worried about GQP shit-bags in Alabama and Ohio starting to make noise about Biden not being on the ballot in those states because DNC is scheduled for after their deadline to register the candidates? We ain't winning Alabama no matter what but Ohio is kind of a critical state. Seems this has happened before and accommodations have been made either through legislation or prelim apps. I just don't trust these fuckers to play by the rules or do the right thing.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/12/politics/democrats-ohio-alabama-biden-ballot/index.html

I saw it earlier today, and I don't trust them either.  It seems to be an escalation from stuff like Colorado (which has little precedent, while this convention timing stuff has bipartisan precedent).

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Sorry if this has been discussed already (this isn't a thread I regularly check) but anybody else worried about GQP shit-bags in Alabama and Ohio starting to make noise about Biden not being on the ballot in those states because DNC is scheduled for after their deadline to register the candidates? We ain't winning Alabama no matter what but Ohio is kind of a critical state. Seems this has happened before and accommodations have been made either through legislation or prelim apps. I just don't trust these fuckers to play by the rules or do the right thing.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/12/politics/democrats-ohio-alabama-biden-ballot/index.html

no, they have already addressed it and said that they expect to be on the ballot in all 57 states

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Sorry if this has been discussed already (this isn't a thread I regularly check) but anybody else worried about GQP shit-bags in Alabama and Ohio starting to make noise about Biden not being on the ballot in those states

As I tell all of my MAGA relatives, I’m not worried because I know Georgie Soros has the next couple of elections in the bag.

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

As I tell all of my MAGA relatives, I’m not worried because I know Georgie Soros has the next couple of elections in the bag.

And I tell my aggy friends that George Soros got Texas into the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, C-Man said:

I don’t think Ohio is considered a swing state anymore. 

14 hours ago, C-Man said:

Ohio is as red as Texas. It isn’t critical. Additionally, the DNC could move some things up. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ohio is as red as Texas. It isn’t critical. Additionally, the DNC could move some things up. 

Yeah I'm not worried.

Either a court will rule the provisional certification will suffice or the DNC just do the roll call early, since Biden has 3,045 delegates (1,968 needed).  The 30 non-Biden delegates will bitch and moan but nobody really cares about holding the roll call early to get this done, because some state GOPs are being titty babies. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, Ohio is as red as an aggy ass.

Shit, sad to say I didn’t realize that was the case. Thought that was kind of the lynchpin, something like the last X POTUS winners took Ohio. I’ll see myself out.

18 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Shit, sad to say I didn’t realize that was the case. Thought that was kind of the lynchpin, something like the last X POTUS winners took Ohio. I’ll see myself out.

Yeah while we were all talking about Texas turning blue, Ohio and Florida went red and Arizona and Georgia went blue. Cats and dogs living together. 

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, C-Man said:

You're right that it's long been considered a bell-weather state in the elections, but it's historically more important to the GOP, as no Republican has EVER won the presidency in the entire history of this country without winning Ohio. That said, from the 1964 election through 2016, its vote accurately predicted the outcome of the Electoral College (but not the popular vote that Hillary won in 2016).

So, it's likely moving away from that bell-weather status based on the past two elections.

• Hook 'Em 2

It's also a midwest phenomenon in that Ohio barely moves one way or the other on population.  Over the last 5 years, it's up just a few bps overall and it's mainly due to internal birth rates.  Nobody is really moving there from other states and nobody really leaves, except in a hearse.  It's getting a tad younger, so I'll think it slowly move slightly left of centre, but don't hold your breath.  It is curious though that it does not get the attention from either party that Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin get up that way.  It's why Kasich was emblematic of the state, slightly right of centre, anti-Trump, and somewhat sane.  

Something that is very odd to me is it being about it's voting history in Presidential elections.  Since FDR, about half D's won the state, half R's won the state.  But now?  Despite still being a slight title for GOP, it's close.  But here's a weird face-of the 33 State Senators, 79% of them are Republican.  Almost 4 in 5.  That's even crazier than Texas.  And while it's gerrymandered, it is nowhere drawn up to the extreme like some other swing states.  That's really bizarre to me.  I get that it'll probably go 52-48 for Trump, but 79% of your state senators are GOP?  It's drawn weird, but not that weird.  Their house is 66% GOP controlled, still out of whack with the state overall and much more wild in terms of redistricting.  But that State Senate set of numbers and map is just fucking bizarre.  Maybe it explains why neither party really talks about it that much, I dunno.  Just a lunchtime rabbit hole I went down.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, Wisconsin is federally more competitive than Ohio, and we know their GOP stylings at the court and statehouse level.  But look at the Ohio State Senate maps.  4 out of 5 are GOP seats?  That's insane.  Yes, there are some bizarrely drawn districts, every state blue or red has that.  But it's nothing like Wisconsin or Texas or North Carolina.  It's fucking bizarre to me.  I'm sure some Ohio State professor or grad student has written an analysis of how it's possible, so I get some nightmare fuel before bed tonight.  It has to be the biggest variance in presidential election percentages and upper State chamber representation that I've ever seen.  And it's in Ohio.  I think it helps explain why it's overlooked despite its EC power, but I'm too dumb to figure out how (twists mustache).  

39 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

It's also a midwest phenomenon in that Ohio barely moves one way or the other on population.  Over the last 5 years, it's up just a few bps overall and it's mainly due to internal birth rates.  Nobody is really moving there from other states and nobody really leaves, except in a hearse.  It's getting a tad younger, so I'll think it slowly move slightly left of centre, but don't hold your breath.  It is curious though that it does not get the attention from either party that Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin get up that way.  It's why Kasich was emblematic of the state, slightly right of centre, anti-Trump, and somewhat sane.  

Something that is very odd to me is it being about it's voting history in Presidential elections.  Since FDR, about half D's won the state, half R's won the state.  But now?  Despite still being a slight title for GOP, it's close.  But here's a weird face-of the 33 State Senators, 79% of them are Republican.  Almost 4 in 5.  That's even crazier than Texas.  And while it's gerrymandered, it is nowhere drawn up to the extreme like some other swing states.  That's really bizarre to me.  I get that it'll probably go 52-48 for Trump, but 79% of your state senators are GOP?  It's drawn weird, but not that weird.  Their house is 66% GOP controlled, still out of whack with the state overall and much more wild in terms of redistricting.  But that State Senate set of numbers and map is just fucking bizarre.  Maybe it explains why neither party really talks about it that much, I dunno.  Just a lunchtime rabbit hole I went down.  

37 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean, Wisconsin is literally 50/50 and the GOP had a near supermajority in the state house. Ridiculous shit 

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, Wisconsin is federally more competitive than Ohio, and we know their GOP stylings at the court and statehouse level.  But look at the Ohio State Senate maps.  4 out of 5 are GOP seats?  That's insane.  Yes, there are some bizarrely drawn districts, every state blue or red has that.  But it's nothing like Wisconsin or Texas or North Carolina.  It's fucking bizarre to me.  I'm sure some Ohio State professor or grad student has written an analysis of how it's possible, so I get some nightmare fuel before bed tonight.  It has to be the biggest variance in presidential election percentages and upper State chamber representation that I've ever seen.  And it's in Ohio.  I think it helps explain why it's overlooked despite its EC power, but I'm too dumb to figure out how (twists mustache).  

Without looking at any maps or data, it might be similar to the phenomenon that was going on for so long following Civil Rights in the Solid South, where all/most of the states immediately flipped from Democratic to Republican in presidential elections. However, because of traditions, habits, and incumbents, it took them 2-3 decades for that to make its way down the ballot.

• Like 1

That's certainly a plausible explanation.  Two differences to account for would have to be that those Southern States   didn't redraw as drastically back then as we do now (they just relied more on voter suppression).  So I guess, just voting locally out of habit for a guy you know would stand to reason.  Not sure of what the straight ticket ballot rules were in the 50's/60's/70's in the South.  And then second, obviously a GOP controlled chamber(s) is gonna re-draw favorably after the 2010 and 2020 censuses.  But again, they're not that extreme, at least when compared to many other competitive states.  Very different from other southern states in that regard nowadays

I'll repeat my csb yet again.  But Charlie Kirk was in Austin about 10 years ago and was pitching this idea to some friends of mine at lunch and they invited me along because I was already on campus.  He had this idea, long before he went even more batshit insane, to pack student governments all around the country at big universities (like UT) with conservatives.  Because at many, many big schools-the SGA dictates where polling stations on campus are located, not the County or college administrators.  They can make them inconviently located or move them off campus altogether.  That erases tens of thousands of young people votes and can swing some local elections very easily.  It became TurningPointUSA and we see how influential he has become with this one twisted grain of an idea.  

To tie that to gerrymandering.  There is a fear on the part of some state Republican parties that some courts will finally start tapping the brakes on gerrymandering districts to such an extreme.  City lines and county lines are pretty static, ETJ's notwithstanding.  So that's why we see these goofy lines that run along one street for 90 miles to pickup certain populations and exclude others.  One idea is that in addition to counties and city limits, one other fairly predictable and transparent way to draw these things responsibly and please the court, would be at a granular level, to follow school district lines.  Would seem reasonable to most people, right?  I know my county line, I know my city limits, and I basically know the scope of my kids' school district enrollment zone, right?  The "No CRT in schools!  None of these books!  No Wokeness!"  It's window dressing to explain why so many more batshit right-wingers are trying to get elected to school boards all across the country all of a sudden (I mean they've been running for a long time, but not in these numbers).  They're trying to get on school boards to start redrawing district lines in case they'll be used to draw state and congressional districts down the road.  And in Texas, that'll be even easier to do because they can couch it was 'needed to accommodate growth.'  But it's the Kirk plan on steroids.  Once again-my prize lack of imagination.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, safe sex said:

It's not quite as red as Texas, because the voters of Ohio have protected abortion rights at the ballot box very recently.

If Texans actually had the opportunity to have a direct vote on abortion rights, I'm sure it'd pass here, too. So, I'm not exactly sure that I'd say we're redder than them.

In 2016, both Texas and Ohio voted for Hillary at the exact same percentage: 43.24%. In 2020, the share of Texans who voted for Biden exceeded that of Ohio.

I made this quick chart to show how Democratic presidential candidates have performed in elections in the two states during my lifetime. The patterns are pretty similar, but they really diverged in the Bush/Obama years. Now, focus your eyes on the orange columns from 2000 to 2020 and tell me you don't see incremental improvement.

It's still too soon, I think, for Texas to be one of the good guys in 2024, but we've been heading in the right direction. Let's keep focus on getting Joe reelected nationally in 2024, and we may get there by 2030.

image.png.5111c28b01e5acba75ab553149036772.png

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 3

WSJ finds that abortion is the top issue for suburban women in swing states.

57% find Trump’s abortion stance too restrictive. 49% think Biden’s stance is just right 

That is a scary number for the GOP - suburban women can break them in Wisconsin, PA, AZ, GA, NC especially 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 7

On 4/11/2024 at 4:00 PM, Gatorubet said:

I think that Trump’s death will see the aggie roller coaster. They will all pledge to go forward against the deep state because Trump died to protect them from woke Libs , and junior will try to be the new face going forward.  Meatball Ron and Marge and Teddy Cancun will all try to step in the void to oppose Don Junior, but the passage of time that core group of Maga idiots will choose sides between the pretenders to the throne.  Once that happens, they will not win elections, and they will be too busy fighting each other or get too frustrated and drop out, snd will not be much of a force going forward.

Pockets of these maga idiots will continue to give city councils and school boards a problem, but I see their national influence waning. 

This. Post-Trump MAGA will splinter due to a power vacuum. Whether or not they win elections will depend entirely on whether Trump is put back in the WH in 2024 or 2028 and the US becomes Hungary 2.0.

3 hours ago, safe sex said:

It's not quite as red as Texas, because the voters of Ohio have protected abortion rights at the ballot box very recently.

An up or down vote on enshrining abortion rights in the Texas constitution would pass too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, safe sex said:

I have no faith left in Texas voters.

This here. Too many far right transplants moving in, and the state gop has had control too long. Those things combining with other factors and Texas is losing its uniqueness/independent spirit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This here. Too many far right transplants moving in, and the state gop has had control too long. Those things combining with other factors and Texas is losing its uniqueness/independent spirit

Texas is shit. The only “old Texas” we’ve managed to keep is our worst racist, xenophobic, and christofascist impulses (we’ve always had them, we’re re-elevating them), and we’ve imported other shittastic ideas and traits from SEC country. We’re not even Mississippi with oil and Mexican food - Mississippi is nicer and kinder.
Texas is the worst state in the union. And yes, I’m aware that Florida still exists.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Texas is shit. The only “old Texas” we’ve managed to keep is our worst racist, xenophobic, and christofascist impulses (we’ve always had them, we’re re-elevating them), and we’ve imported other shittastic ideas and traits from SEC country. We’re not even Mississippi with oil and Mexican food - Mississippi is nicer and kinder.
Texas is the worst state in the union. And yes, I’m aware that Florida still exists.

So does Arkansas sir. 

https://politicalwire.com/2024/04/12/trump-plays-up-veep-speculation/

Trump Plays Up Veep Speculation

Wall Street Journal: “Trump is making the most of the veepstakes, asking guests of his Mar-a-Lago Club here who they like. He is also monitoring the soft auditions—such as the fundraiser speeches—of those thought to be in the mix.”

“People close to Trump say he is enjoying the speculation and feels no pressure to decide quickly. No one person has an inside track, people close to the former president say, and the contest could run up to the GOP convention in July.”

• Haha 1

A bunch of media outlets send a letter asking Biden and Trump to reconsider debating 

Uh, it was not Biden/the DNC who completely disavowed the debate commission years ago. The Biden campaign hasn’t committed since they’re waiting to see what Trump the bad faith piece of shit does first. They shouldn’t agree to anything that favors Trump just to appease the media. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

A bunch of media outlets send a letter asking Biden and Trump to reconsider debating 

Uh, it was not Biden/the DNC who completely disavowed the debate commission years ago. The Biden campaign hasn’t committed since they’re waiting to see what Trump the bad faith piece of shit does first. They shouldn’t agree to anything that favors Trump just to appease the media. 

Even left-leaning media seems to have forgotten this. "Is it a mistake for Biden to not debate Trump? Will it make him look weak?"

• Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Even left-leaning media seems to have forgotten this. "Is it a mistake for Biden to not debate Trump? Will it make him look weak?"

hopefully Dotard refuses to debate and Joe gets nationally televised town halls instead. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/14/us/politics/trump-vice-president-pick.html

This might be the only VP pick in history based solely on how much money they can kick back to Trump.  It's gonna be pay to play.

As former President Donald J. Trump sifts through potential running mates, he has peppered some advisers and associates with a direct question: Which Republican could best help him raise money for the rest of the presidential campaign?

That inquiry reflects the evolving calculations of Mr. Trump’s vice-presidential search — and how his scramble to keep up with President Biden’s colossal fund-raising totals may be weighing on his mind as he considers his options.

Mr. Trump’s selection process, which is still in its early stages, has largely revolved around conventional questions like who could step in as president if needed, political calculations including contenders’ position on abortion rights, and more Trumpian curiosities like whether a politician physically resembles his idea of a vice president.

But Mr. Trump has asked several people about the fund-raising prowess of possible running mates, according to three people with direct knowledge of the conversations, signaling a fresh angle in his search for a running mate.

The initial feedback has pointed him toward a handful of members of Congress with strong donor connections and at least one deep-pocketed governor. One long-shot possibility with a proven record of raising piles of cash — former Gov. Nikki Haley of South Carolina — was only recently a bitter presidential rival, and her name can spark outrage from Mr. Trump.

“Trump is going to want a team player, and this is going to be about adding value to the ticket,” said former Speaker Kevin McCarthy, who remains close with Mr. Trump and set records for Republican fund-raising. “It’s also going to be about someone who understands the job — who understands the Senate and the House — because he’s not going to want to waste one minute in office.”

Spoiler

This article is based on interviews with nearly a dozen Republican operatives and politicians who are familiar with Mr. Trump’s deliberations, some of whom have ties to the possible contenders and all of whom insisted on anonymity to discuss the private conversations.

In some cases, Mr. Trump is still getting to know potential contenders.

After a recent meeting at Mar-a-Lago with former Representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii, a Democrat-turned-independent who has become popular among conservatives, he made clear to advisers that she should be on his list of options.

In other cases, Mr. Trump has fixated on the whimsical over the practical. He has asked several people about running with Robert F. Kennedy Jr., saying he is intrigued by the branding potential of a “Trump-Kennedy” ticket despite his recent attacks on Mr. Kennedy and the unlikelihood of such a scenario. Mr. Trump’s campaign team remains adamantly opposed to the idea, and Mr. Kennedy, who is already running for president as an independent, has said he would not consider such an offer.

It is also unclear among Mr. Trump’s advisers whether he ultimately intends to give considerable weight to a contender’s fund-raising ability, or whether his recent focus is a consequence of his overall concerns about cash. That fixation has permeated both his presidential bid and his costly legal defense in his four criminal cases — and further blurred the line between the two.

The former president relied on one of his political fund-raising vehicles, the Save America PAC, to pay for roughly $50 million in legal expenses last year. He has started replenishing that fund with help from the Republican National Committee, where recently installed Trump loyalists now control the purse strings.

Mr. Trump’s campaign team, meanwhile, has acknowledged that it expects to be outspent by Mr. Biden and the Democratic Party. Mr. Trump has responded with a furious pace of fund-raising, despite his typical prickliness at the idea of having to ask wealthy donors for cash.

“There is no shortage of immensely qualified people President Trump can choose from,” said Steven Cheung, a Trump campaign spokesman. “He’ll make his decision when he is ready and at the appropriate time.”

If fund-raising concerns further influence his vice-presidential search, that path could lead toward a pair of former Republican presidential primary opponents, Gov. Doug Burgum of North Dakota and Ms. Haley, and a coterie of members of Congress, including Representative Elise Stefanik of New York and Senators Marco Rubio of Florida, Tim Scott of South Carolina and J.D. Vance of Ohio.

Mr. Trump has signaled interest in all of them as potential running mates, except for Ms. Haley. To some people, he is said to have shown indifference when asked about Ms. Haley’s joining his ticket. To others, he has savaged her with brutal and personal criticisms.

Still, one of the truisms of Trump World is that no one is ever completely cast out unless they want to be left out. For her part, Ms. Haley said during the campaign that she would not serve as anybody’s No. 2.

But when it comes to supplementing Mr. Trump’s own fund-raising ability, Ms. Haley could prove a compelling choice. Ms. Haley’s presidential campaign and allied groups collected more than $146 million, according to Open Secrets, which tracks campaign fund-raising.

Of that total, $14.3 million came in small contributions collected mostly online — an impressive sum considering that her team needed to find email addresses and phone numbers for donors not already supporting Mr. Trump.

Mr. Burgum, for his part, did not raise much for his presidential campaign, but he is worth hundreds of millions of dollars due largely to the sale of his computer program business to Microsoft in 2001.

Mr. Trump also has a history of populating his inner circle with wealthy businessmen. Mr. Burgum attended a fund-raiser at Mar-a-Lago this month and, at Mr. Trump’s request, addressed the crowd of about 100 donors, as did Mr. Scott and Vivek Ramaswamy, a businessman who ran for president this year, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Mr. Rubio built a formidable fund-raising operation for his own presidential bid in 2016. And while many of those donors, such as Isaac Perlmutter, the former chairman of Marvel Entertainment, are already supportive of Mr. Trump, others are not.

Norman Braman, a billionaire South Florida auto dealer, and Paul Singer, the founder of the Elliott Management hedge fund, two key financial backers of Mr. Rubio in 2016, both put money behind presidential primary opponents of Mr. Trump this year. Mr. Braman supported Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, and Mr. Singer donated to Ms. Haley.

One complication for Mr. Rubio’s vice-presidential prospects is that he and Mr. Trump are both residents of the same state, which could run afoul of a constitutional rule.

While Mr. Trump maintains additional homes in New Jersey and New York, and switched his residency as president, he has told people Mr. Rubio would have to legally move to another state to join the ticket.

Mr. Trump has told these people that it would probably be difficult for Mr. Rubio to move his family but that Florida voters would be too upset to lose the former president as a resident.

Mr. Scott, the only Black Republican in the Senate, has already started helping Mr. Trump raise money.

Ahead of a Trump fund-raiser at Mar-a-Lago this month, he called several donors to urge them to pitch in. He was also one of the hosts of a fund-raiser in Greenville, S.C., held days before the state’s presidential primary, that netted a reported $6 million for the former president.

As Mr. Scott ran for president last year, donors plowed $45.9 million into his campaign and allied groups, about two-thirds of which came from large donations, according to Open Secrets.

Larry Ellison, a co-founder of Oracle and a longtime Scott supporter, has lobbied Mr. Trump to add the South Carolina senator to his ticket. Mr. Ellison’s involvement was first reported by Puck, which has also described Mr. Trump’s interest in contenders who are strong fund-raisers.

Ms. Stefanik’s network of donors comes from across the conservative spectrum.

A former aide in President George W. Bush’s White House, Ms. Stefanik has received support since her first House victory a decade ago from several wealthy establishment donors, including Cliff Asness, a billionaire founder of AQR Capital Management, who backed Ms. Haley’s presidential bid, and Mr. Singer. She met with recently with Mr. Singer and laid out why she thought Mr. Trump would win in November, and Mr. Asness hosted a small group meeting for her at his office where she did the same.

Since vigorously defending Mr. Trump against his first impeachment in 2019, Ms. Stefanik has also developed relationships with donors affiliated more closely with his conservative movement. Mr. Perlmutter has hosted fund-raisers for her along with Steve Wynn, the casino mogul, who has privately urged Mr. Trump to consider Ms. Stefanik.

Ms. Stefanik, who replaced former Representative Liz Cheney as the chairwoman of the House Republican Conference, has also drawn interest more recently from donors compelled by her push to investigate antisemitism on college campuses. In the first three months of the year, she collected $7.1 million for her own re-election and other Republican causes, her campaign announced this month.

Mr. Vance is close with Donald Trump Jr., the former president’s eldest son and a key political adviser, and the pair helped raise money to pay for a Trump rally in Ohio to benefit Bernie Moreno, the Republican nominee for Senate in the state.

Mr. Vance also has ties to Silicon Valley from his time working as a venture capitalist in San Francisco for Peter Thiel, the billionaire founder of PayPal. Mr. Thiel was one of Mr. Trump’s biggest donors in 2016 and spent roughly $35 million on Republicans in 2022 but has said he does not plan to be involved in the presidential contest this year.

One of Mr. Thiel’s close associates, David Sacks, gave more than $1 million to political causes in 2022. He was involved with the announcement of Mr. DeSantis’s primary challenge against Mr. Trump but was also spotted at a fund-raiser Mr. Vance held his year for Mr. Moreno, where Mr. Sacks spent time chatting with the younger Mr. Trump.

Mr. Vance and Blake Masters, an Arizona House candidate and fellow Thiel acolyte, are exploring a Silicon Valley fund-raiser for the elder Mr. Trump, although a person familiar with the matter said the event was still in the planning stages.

On 4/11/2024 at 11:04 AM, Hard Times said:

Fake Dump trying to kiss ass. Everyone knows he's really thinking, damn, get me outta this place. Of course that's the only place he can afford to eat.

Dark Brandon needs to spoof this.  Make a social media video of Biden at a "Trump Rally" getting hugged and lauded by white trash in full MAGA regalia.  Have the camera catch him slipping one of them $100 at the end.

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

NYT Pitchbot: Is a good economy sometimes too good?  Why higher than expected economic growth for the United States is bad for Biden's re-election chances

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Not for mouth breathers

you'd be surprised... several of our resident rightwingers/conservatives (by god don't call them MAGA bc magically none of them actually support[ed] Trump, uh huh) have slipped up in other forum threads and admitted the economy is doing well under Biden. 

not that that will actually impact their vote, god forbid 🙄... but it's amusing what they will admit outside CR.