Super Bowl LVII - Las Vegas

tx 3 putt

I really want him to be successful but Shanahan really is becoming the king of blowing super bowls 

28-3 and two 10 point leads all turning into losses. Shanahan simply doesn’t know how to put a foot on their neck and finish them. And like Dak choking in big games the pressure gets worse in the next one. Reid is one of the few to turn it around. He was a perennial loser in Philly, mainly because McNabb was the definition of choke job.

7 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

1. You have any receipts on the “millionaire” claim (as if that is even remotely determinative)? 

2. You are arguing against yourself. Zero (0) people claimed Swift is a rags to riches story. But the total number of affluent white girls who have swung and missed in the music industry would exceed the grand weight total of the nasty ass women who allow you into their bed.

I realize being a pair of fucking imbeciles is a long-running shtick for you and Helobious, but you could try a little harder.

There's of course zero receipts. Her father worked as a stock broker and they lived in shitty, depressed Reading, PA in a rental house. Of all things it's an accusation that surfaced in Salon dot com based on --literally nothing --. But of course it's become what wingtards tell each other to make themselves feel better about their perpetual victimhood. By all accounts she worked her ass off, scored a contract for promotion with Abercrombie and parlayed her career from there.

38 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Her parents were millionaires and allowed her do pursue her passion with zero risk at an early age. Got her into meetings with labels. You seriously don't think money plays a part in life in general? She wasn't some starving artist playing shitty venues in shitty cities, living hand to mouth and risking it all to pursue her dream. She was manufactured at an early age to have a huge safety to not fail. And even if she didn't pan out, would have just pursued her next venture.

This is the same concept as millionaires starting a business venture vs someone in low/middle class. Entirely different risk levels involved and the millionaires have the money to move it along most don't.

I don't care about her music one way or the other. She's just a generic pop act with little substance and a huge following. Good for her. But to pretend she's some big underdog story? Lol./

that’s like - a straw-platoon. 

SF won the toss and elected to receive. Reid didn’t have the choice. 

I was talking about why Shanahan took the ball. All the media criticizing that are saying Reid would have deferred had chiefs won the toss. I am saying it might have been his choice to take the ball as wee against a tired Niner defense.

14 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I don't know if they were millionaires, but this is the house she grew up in on a Christmas tree farm that her father had purchased from one of his clients.

Grandview_Blvd_76_Wyomissing_PA.thumb.JPG.0ffbd6b54ba300f35ba5ff5fbb54a2da.JPG

See if you can find 2 meaningful words.

image.thumb.png.ac3c725f8bd62faedfb8ff4105361c39.png

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

That holds except in the NFL playoffs.  You always want the ball first if the game goes to sudden death, which is what happens if the game is tied after the first two possessions. 

There are more paths to an outright win OR to getting the ball first in sudden death if you go first.  

But the team with the 2nd possession has all that extra knowledge.  We know what we need to outright win, we know if we should be using all 4 downs, we know if it is tied and we turn it over the other team is in sudden death to win.  Getting that 3rd possession is definitely an advantage but it's a huge risk it would get even there.

If receiving team doesn't score on their initial possession, the kicking team is already in sudden death to win.  Under your argument I wouldn't want Mahomes getting ball to win any sooner that I had to.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

But the team with the 2nd possession has all that extra knowledge.  We know what we need to outright win, we know if we should be using all 4 downs, we know if it is tied and we turn it over the other team is in sudden death to win.  Getting that 3rd possession is definitely an advantage but it's a huge risk it would get even there.

If receiving team doesn't score on their initial possession, the kicking team is already in sudden death to win.  Under your argument I wouldn't want Mahomes getting ball to win any sooner that I had to.

Exactly. Unless the team with the first possession scores a TD + 2pt. conversion, the second team has the ball with a chance to win first & knowing exactly what they have to do to get there.

10 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

I have to admit, I love these videos where people completely lose their minds at the end of sporting events.

That top one, chick is in the back just holding her new-born baby like la-du-da-du-da-da-da

bottom one, all I can say is careful with those Mike Lemonades, they will sneak up on you.

30 minutes ago, hook me said:

Exactly. Unless the team with the first possession scores a TD + 2pt. conversion, the second team has the ball with a chance to win first & knowing exactly what they have to do to get there.

Plus the game is actual sudden death if the kicking team scores a defensive TD on the first possession, which provides another small uptick in the odds for a choice of 'kick.'

Funny enough I just stumbled across this article published yesterday on cbssports https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-super-bowl-postseason-overtime-rules-means-it-is-better-to-give-than-receive/

image.png.9b46f3fef75fefff5c3f4a5987005574.png

Edited by Chopper

37 minutes ago, Chopper said:

and by the way, this is what a nice house goes for in that area today  ~25 years later. Wyomissing/Reading is a pit and it has been since at least the 1970s.

image.png.9cf5a18bec2f43a89e3911326cb56c95.png

Reading, yes. Wyomissing, no.

Median home price in Wyomissing is 3.5 times that of Reading.

Median household income in Wyomissing is more than twice that of Reading and substantially higher than that of Austin.

15 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Reading, yes. Wyomissing, no.

Median home price in Wyomissing is 3.5 times that of Reading.

Median household income in Wyomissing is more than twice that of Reading and substantially higher than that of Austin.

That's all lovely but Wyomissing is a tiny speck of a bedroom community that wouldn't exist as a town without Reading immediately adjacent. A much more logical comp would be Westlake but that would defeat whatever bullshit you're trying to prove. Also, I'm going to go with the thought that the house of a very wealthy person in that area would have central air and heat. My first job after undergrad was in Philly right about that time frame and I can tell you with certainty that central heat and/or air weren't exactly rare. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c0452d3656b76c04a713539b87a092d0.png

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

That's all lovely but Wyomissing is a tiny speck of a bedroom community that wouldn't exist as a town without Reading immediately adjacent. A much more logical comp would be Westlake but that would defeat whatever bullshit you're trying to prove. Also, I'm going to go with the thought that the house of a very wealthy person in that area would have central air and heat. My first job after undergrad was in Philly right about that time frame and I can tell you with certainty that central heat and/or air weren't exactly rare. 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.c0452d3656b76c04a713539b87a092d0.png

Nah, nothing screams millionaire affluence like window unit ACs and wall radiators.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Man, this thread started out about football & Taylor Swift, and now, it's pretty much just Taylor:

train trainwreck GIF

Overtime, Taylor, Usher, Volkswagen, Wayne Newton.  

Pretty much sums up the discussions.  

Also, I learned from this thread that Billy Idol and said Wayne Newton are both still alive.  And perhaps working on a collaborative album with?  You guessed it.  Lana del Rey.  

Like they were 0-star recruits for college football?  Or they don't have those star C-patch things on their NFL jerseys?  I honestly don't understand.  This past month was the most NFL I've watched in literally 20+ years.

4 hours ago, EastTexan said:

side note/This KC Super Bowl OT win brought back, to my old ass, memory of the Dallas Texans/Oilers AFL Championship in 1962. Texans win, although the great Abner Haynes muffs the coin toss call for first OT. Great game. Will have to find it and watch  again.

"We'll kick to the clock."

• Hook 'Em 1

Wait, Taylor Swift went to the moon?  

Dammit, why can't we just have moon landings that focus on the moon instead of showing Taylor Swift?  She's gotta insert her political agenda between the Earth and the Moon...which by the way didn't happen!  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Are the qualifications for preforming the halftime show that you must not have been relevant in at least 10 years ?

The guy that just completed a successful residency in Vegas hasn't been relevant in 10 years? They didn't exactly blindly draw his name out of a hat. Also pretty sure he just sold out a tour last week in a matter of hours.