Download the free Autograph app and start earning rewards for being a Longhorn fan

@AutographMeg welcome to Surly Horns! As most of you know I’ve been working behind the scenes on quite a few things related to the community and all things Longhorn from NIL to news on the internet. I started talking with the Autograph folks and got very early access to the app when it was still Michigan only months ago. We’ve gone through feedback cycles, how things work with online content, what’s credible and not credible etc and I found Meghan and the whole team over at Autograph to not be a bunch of poser VC backed morons trying to make a quick buck. 

The team over there is actually trying to change the way that fans get rewarded beyond just the dopamine rush of a win. We saw it first hand with the Sugar Bowl ticket fiasco - a bunch of fat cat corporate sponsors got the best tickets in the stadium and fans who have spent 10’s of thousands of dollars on tickets, pure donations etc got the shaft and were relegated to the 600’s sections at full boat. Fuck that. 

This is where Autograph wants to make a difference, not just to the huge BMD’s, but the everyday fan who wakes up logs onto surly and listens to Coffee and Football with Bobby Burton every morning, then posts about it or reads some other news on Burnt Orange Nation. You know, like all of us. They are obviously sponsoring this thread and the more people that sign up for the app the better it is for both Surly and Autograph, but the most important part here isn’t just to sign up, but to help shape the app and give feedback on what you want to see as the rewards, as things that gather points, etc. 

One of the biggest items I’ve been talking to their team about is how to essentially break away from the clickbait SEO algorithm that drives everything and the enshittification of the internet and really focus on what is driving true engagement. A feed curated by fans, for fans, not by some machine trying to keep your eyeballs somewhere - that’s what the passion of the team will do.

So sign up for their app, poke around, come here and post about what your thoughts are - 80% of the revenue that Surly generates from this partnership/sponsorship is going to NIL and I thought what better place to start than the Texas Cross Country athletes in honor of AutographMeg, open to suggestions on that side as well.

• Hook 'Em 8

• immamac featured and pinned this topic
12 minutes ago, Deej said:

You sound poor and not hip. 

lololol

I know there's people who actually think this way but uh... yeah. How lame you gotta be to judge people by the phone they use?

I'm not unhip because of the phone I use. I'm unhip because I drive an Accord. Get it right!

3 minutes ago, AutographMeg said:

Android release is on our roadmap - coming soon! 

Well, like... Lemme know.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

lololol

I know there's people who actually think this way but uh... yeah. How lame you gotta be to judge people by the phone they use?

I'm not unhip because of the phone I use. I'm unhip because I drive an Accord. Get it right!

Well, like... Lemme know.

I was joking. I have a Samsung phone.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Deej said:

I was joking. I have a Samsung phone.

I know. But you know, as I do... :D

11 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Gonna need some pics.

DOWN boy! Down! Go eat a steak or somethin'.

I gotta admit, I was skeptical from the description, but that app is pretty fucking cool. I immediately saw a bunch of stuff I want to read from all over the web. It's like it pulls the most interesting stuff and puts it all in one place. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AutographMeg said:

I’m a former student athlete at Texas (cross country

I'll tell you what, if you can beat our resident sprinter, I'll download the app.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Deej said:

So, Surly?

Well, one thing I want from this community and something that is obviously missing is how do we best get this tied back into surly best or use surly content within the app. This  targeted as a surface level partnership we want this to go deep. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

162fe563f45593b112d9da2e155c930b.jpg

Tell Tom I said hello. I have one of his autographed NFTs from the/his website autograph.io.

Can I use the same log in for the app? I didn’t get an email when I tried.

Immortal Statue, love it!

New account is required for the app. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Well, I ran as fast as I could to the link and ... no Android app.

People still do iPhone-only in this day and age? 🤷

You should switch from Motorola to a primeco phone

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Well, one thing I want from this community and something that is obviously missing is how do we best get this tied back into surly best or use surly content within the app. This  targeted as a surface level partnership we want this to go deep. 

alan rickman GIF

• Haha 1

Signed up.  
question- how do you decide what gets curated? 
You don’t have Everyone Gets a trophy on there in the podcast section and that’s probably the best thing out there longhorn pod wise. 
you don’t have surly on there as a community and that seems weird with sponsoring here. Am I supposed to tell yall in some way that you are missing some great longhorn content out there through the app?  
here?  
looks pretty sleek and good. I will definitely maybe probably use it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hate said:

Can I use my points for Best Buy coupons?

Or gift cards.

My boss just texted me (he said to keep this on the down low) that he wants me to get a bunch of gift cards for a partner he's talking to. Would be a couple thousand dollars' worth. Any help I can get would be great.

• immamac unpinned this topic