Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

44 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

m not willing to simply wave my hands and dismiss Elon as a mentally ill person acting irrationally and driven by the whims of dopamine

That's certainly your prerogative, but it flies in the face of overwhelming empirical evidence.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It doesn’t really matter what his actual politics are, he’s just become a red-pilled dipshit and that’s how he’s running his site. Of course his politics don’t perfectly align with any party or traditional right-left because being idiosyncratic is key to the identity of the red-pilled dipshit.

And just like other red-pilled dipshits, his key article of faith is that red-pilled dipshits should be  able to say anything they want, anywhere they want, anytime they want and never face consequences or be told to STFU. 

This is pretty much it.

27 minutes ago, Chopper said:

There's no need to be so impressed by someone's wealth that you'd be willing to look past just about anything they do in order to give them the benefit of the doubt and positive reinforcement. There is no method to the madness of spending $48B (or whatever) on Twitter to turn it into a trump social clone just with paid subs. I am not impressed by Elmo's wealth...it means nothing to me.

Also, I accused you of whitewashing. Not "billionaires." You've failed to answer a single, simple question and you just keep posting meaningless drivel and purposely misinterpreting my words and questions. You also mistake simple and emotional for direct, plain speaking.

Try to keep up.  No where have I indicated anything along the lines of being "impressed by someone's wealth that you'd be willing to look past just about anything they do in order to give them the benefit of the doubt and positive reinforcement."  

Yes. I understand you feel that understanding people use of culture war to mask economic realities in today's political system is whitewashing.  Being aware of how people pull the strings in our society isn't whitewashing.  Why would anyone think otherwise? 

• Fuck You 1

Elon's issues may not be entirely attributable to a mental disorder like narcissism, or him being on the spectrum.  In fact, there's almost certainly more to it.

The "more to it" is that in addition to those things, he's also a fucking sociopathic asshole.

Sometimes, the answer is "he's just a fucking asshole."  I think it's a fair part of the answer here.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Elon's issues may not be entirely attributable to a mental disorder like narcissism, or him being on the spectrum.  In fact, there's almost certainly more to it.

The "more to it" is that in addition to those things, he's also a fucking sociopathic asshole.

Sometimes, the answer is "he's just a fucking asshole."  I think it's a fair part of the answer here.

/thread

Just now, Chopper said:

Here's crafty elmo again...man's a friggin' genius, smartly plotting to upend society...oh wait that's the take of elmo's knob slobber @GW Hayduke

Evaluating a situation and seeking to understand a person’s methods and purpose shouldn’t be equated as supporting that person. Try and be less sensitive.

5 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Evaluating a situation and seeking to understand a person’s methods and purpose shouldn’t be equated as supporting that person. Try and be less sensitive.

Yes the extremely logical "purpose" of torching their own businesses, buying twitter by mistake, using leverage, embracing racism and sexism, and making a public nuisance of himself. Because that person is a genius at fighting culture wars. Makes total sense.  You're as strong of a genius as elmo. Congrats. 

On 12/2/2022 at 10:33 PM, Patron said:

Ha, my wife and her friends couldn't stop watching this video last week so it checks out. I think I'll have her watch it again after the game.

Resurrecting this threadjack, I feel like Michael Hutchence could have kicked the shit out Pete Davidson or Harry Styles.

He'd have cnoked em out for sure.

Not that that alters the female gaze.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It doesn’t really matter what his actual politics are, he’s just become a red-pilled dipshit and that’s how he’s running his site. Of course his politics don’t perfectly align with any party or traditional right-left because being idiosyncratic is key to the identity of the red-pilled dipshit.

And just like other red-pilled dipshits, his key article of faith is that red-pilled dipshits should be  able to say anything they want, anywhere they want, anytime they want and never face consequences or be told to STFU. 

My first Leg Director told me two things:

1. Never send an email you don’t want on the front page of the Post

2. A politician’s public face is who they are, no matter how cool or normal they seem when the camera lights are off.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

A portion of the twitter purchase was reportedly funded by a $3billion loan currently at 11% apr leading to thoughts of obtaining secured loans on tesla stock. Fortunately, it comes at the same time as tesla's not-independent BOD considers a stock buyback program to boost the stock price. What a coincidence. 

https://electrek.co/2022/12/08/elon-musk-tesla-backed-margin-loans-to-support-twitter/

Elon Musk might need new Tesla-backed margin loans to support Twitter

Electrek.co
December 8, 2022

Elon Musk’s bankers are considering Tesla (TSLA) stock-backed margin loans to support Twitter, which is under heavy interest expenses.

Stock-backed margin loans are a popular way for billionaires whose money is tied up in stocks to get some cash.

You can be worth $100 billion on paper, but if all that money is tied up in a stock, like Tesla, it doesn’t mean that you have cash to spend. For those people, banks can offer loans backed by their stocks. If the stocks go down to a predetermined level, they have to sell to cover the loan.

Elon Musk has used this financing vehicle several times with several hundred-million-dollar loans backed by Tesla stock over the years.

To finance his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter, Tesla-backed loans were reportedly considered, but Musk ended up selling billions of dollars’ worth of Tesla stock instead.

The rest was covered by investment partners and $13 billion in debt that is reportedly resulting in $1.2 billion in annual interest costs.

That’s putting a lot of pressure on the company’s financials, and now Bloomberg reports that Musk’s bankers are considering Tesla-backed margin loans again:

According to the report, the plan is not yet finalized. The loan amount is not known, but discussions have reportedly focused on replacing a $3 billion loan at 11% interest.

Electrek’s Take

Musk selling over $10 billion in Tesla stock has already put a lot of pressure on the stock and its shareholders.

That would just add more pressure as downturns in the stock’s price could result in Musk selling even more Tesla stocks.

At the same time, Tesla’s board is reportedly considering a stock buyback program to help the stock price. It would create a potentially strange ethical situation if Musk takes margin loans backed by his Tesla stock and then Tesla’s board spends billions of dollars of the company’s money to help maintain the stock price.

Elon is all about “free speech” unless the speech involves pronouns. I thought free speech meant you can identify as being called whatever the fuck pronoun you want be. Where is the line crossed between free speech and forcing pronouns on other people for Elon?

• Hook 'Em 4

The Boo storm occurred on his home turf in San Francisco by a crowd who, as evidenced by their very presence there, isn't overly sensitive to trans criticism.  His subsequent tweet makes it pretty clear that his combination of a need for admiration and total lack of self awareness is causing him to spiral in real time.

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

The Boo storm occurred on his home turf in San Francisco by a crowd who, as evidenced by their very presence there, isn't overly sensitive to trans criticism.  His subsequent tweet makes it pretty clear that his combination of a need for admiration and total lack of self awareness is causing him to spiral in real time.

Yep.  Shit is scary considering how powerful he is.

29 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

He’s gone from shitposting to cringe posting. He’s your uncle who drinks too much and can’t log off. 

image.thumb.png.bbf75be61dc93fdd50716c942e4ba9ae.png 

29 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

He’s gone from shitposting to cringe posting. He’s your uncle who drinks too much and can’t log off. 

27 minutes ago, G650 said:

It's just getting bizarre at this point

He’s your bitterly-divorced uncle who drinks too much and can’t log off, and is constantly looking through social media for anything on his ex.

But at least with your uncle, there is usually a family member who will step in and tell him to knock it off, sober up, take a shower and wash his clothes.

Musk has nobody telling him to knock it off, nobody telling him that he’s digging a hole he can’t climb out of.

And hell, people at Tesla and SpaceX are probably egging him on to spend all of his time at Twitter.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s fully gone down the Qanon hole.  The world’s richest man is getting sucked in by a bunch of hucksters and cultists, and it’s happening publicly in real-time.

of course he is one of the people who think Branch Covidians is a brilliant nickname

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?