Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

if you want one more thing to laugh about, watch this video. the cybertruck will not have doorhandles. because nothing bad could ever happen that would impact your ability to get in/out of a vehicle without fucking doorhandles, right?!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

if you want one more thing to laugh about, watch this video. the cybertruck will not have doorhandles. because nothing bad could ever happen that would impact your ability to get in/out of a vehicle without fucking doorhandles, right?!

What was Ford marketing thinking, putting such archaic things like door handles on their EV trucks.

• Haha 3

https://apnews.com/article/musk-tesla-electric-vehicle-steering-wheel-c69867f4eb15bc582d956c309aeba95b

US investigates Tesla for steering wheels that can fall off

U.S. auto safety regulators have opened an investigation into Tesla’s Model Y SUV after getting two complaints that the steering wheels can come off while being driven.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says the probe covers an estimated 120,000 vehicles from the 2023 model year.

The agency says in both cases the Model Ys were delivered to customers with a missing bolt that holds the wheel to the steering column. A friction fit held the steering wheels on, but they separated when force was exerted while the SUVs were being driven.

The agency says in documents posted on its website Wednesday that both incidents happened while the SUVs had low mileage on them.

text:

Spoiler

DETROIT (AP) — U.S. auto safety regulators have opened an investigation into Tesla’s Model Y SUV after getting two complaints that the steering wheels can come off while being driven.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says the probe covers an estimated 120,000 vehicles from the 2023 model year.

The agency says in both cases the Model Ys were delivered to customers with a missing bolt that holds the wheel to the steering column. A friction fit held the steering wheels on, but they separated when force was exerted while the SUVs were being driven.

The agency says in documents posted on its website Wednesday that both incidents happened while the SUVs had low mileage on them.

Messages were left seeking comment from Tesla, which has disbanded its media relations department.

In one complaint filed with NHTSA, an owner said he was driving with his family on Route 1 in Woodbridge, New Jersey, when the steering wheel suddenly came off on Jan. 29, five days after the vehicle was purchased. The owner wrote that there were no cars behind him, and he was able to pull toward the road divider. There were no injuries.

The complaint has a link to a Twitter posting from the owner that included a video of the detached steering wheel and pictures of the white Tesla being towed.

At first a Tesla service center gave the owner a cost estimate of $103.96 to repair the problem. The service center apologized in what appear to be text messages posted on Twitter.

When the owner wrote that he had lost faith in Tesla and asked for a refund, the service center removed the charge and wrote that Tesla doesn’t have a return policy, but he could reach out to the sales and delivery team.

The man was later given the option of keeping the car or getting it replaced with a new one, according to his post on Twitter. He posted that Tesla did replace his car.

Detached steering wheels are rare in the auto industry, but not unprecedented. In February, Nissan recalled about 1,000 Ariya electric vehicles because the wheels could come off of the steering column due to a loose bolt.

Yet the latest NHTSA investigation adds to a long string of problems that Tesla is having with the U.S. road safety agency. In the past three years it has opened investigations of Tesla’s “Autopilot” driver-assist system crashing into parked emergency vehicles, and problems with suspensions. At least 14 Teslas have crashed into emergency vehicles while using the Autopilot system.

The agency also is investigating complaints that Teslas can brake suddenly for no reason.

In February, NHTSA pressured Tesla into recalling nearly 363,000 vehicles with “Full Self-Driving” software because the system can break traffic laws. The system, which cannot drive itself, is being tested on public roads by as many as 400,000 Tesla owners. But NHTSA said in documents that it can make unsafe actions such as traveling straight through an intersection while in a turn-only lane, going through a yellow traffic light without proper caution or failing to respond to changes in posted speed limits.

The U.S. Justice Department also has asked Tesla for documents from Tesla about “Full Self-Driving” and Autopilot.

NHTSA has sent investigators to 35 Tesla crashes in which automated systems are suspected of being used. Nineteen people have died in those crashes, including two motorcyclists.

Since January of 2022, Tesla has issued 20 recalls, including several that were required by NHTSA. The recalls include one from January of last year for “Full Self-Driving” vehicles being programmed to run stop signs at slow speeds.

Adam Devine Bad Ideas GIF by The Roku Channel

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

https://apnews.com/article/musk-tesla-electric-vehicle-steering-wheel-c69867f4eb15bc582d956c309aeba95b

text:

Reveal hidden contents

DETROIT (AP) — U.S. auto safety regulators have opened an investigation into Tesla’s Model Y SUV after getting two complaints that the steering wheels can come off while being driven.

Messages were left seeking comment from Tesla, which has disbanded its media relations department.

In one complaint filed with NHTSA, an owner said he was driving with his family on Route 1 in Woodbridge, New Jersey, when the steering wheel suddenly came off on Jan. 29, five days after the vehicle was purchased. The owner wrote that there were no cars behind him, and he was able to pull toward the road divider. There were no injuries.

The complaint has a link to a Twitter posting from the owner that included a video of the detached steering wheel and pictures of the white Tesla being towed.

At first a Tesla service center gave the owner a cost estimate of $103.96 to repair the problem. The service center apologized in what appear to be text messages posted on Twitter.

When the owner wrote that he had lost faith in Tesla and asked for a refund, the service center removed the charge and wrote that Tesla doesn’t have a return policy, but he could reach out to the sales and delivery team.

The man was later given the option of keeping the car or getting it replaced with a new one, according to his post on Twitter. He posted that Tesla did replace his car.

Detached steering wheels are rare in the auto industry, but not unprecedented. In February, Nissan recalled about 1,000 Ariya electric vehicles because the wheels could come off of the steering column due to a loose bolt.

Yet the latest NHTSA investigation adds to a long string of problems that Tesla is having with the U.S. road safety agency. In the past three years it has opened investigations of Tesla’s “Autopilot” driver-assist system crashing into parked emergency vehicles, and problems with suspensions. At least 14 Teslas have crashed into emergency vehicles while using the Autopilot system.

The agency also is investigating complaints that Teslas can brake suddenly for no reason.

In February, NHTSA pressured Tesla into recalling nearly 363,000 vehicles with “Full Self-Driving” software because the system can break traffic laws. The system, which cannot drive itself, is being tested on public roads by as many as 400,000 Tesla owners. But NHTSA said in documents that it can make unsafe actions such as traveling straight through an intersection while in a turn-only lane, going through a yellow traffic light without proper caution or failing to respond to changes in posted speed limits.

The U.S. Justice Department also has asked Tesla for documents from Tesla about “Full Self-Driving” and Autopilot.

NHTSA has sent investigators to 35 Tesla crashes in which automated systems are suspected of being used. Nineteen people have died in those crashes, including two motorcyclists.

Since January of 2022, Tesla has issued 20 recalls, including several that were required by NHTSA. The recalls include one from January of last year for “Full Self-Driving” vehicles being programmed to run stop signs at slow speeds.

Steering is for beta cuck soyboys.  Real alpha males want a vehicle that just goes where it wants to go - TRUST ELON!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

The comments from Elon's legion of reply guys on that tweet (and pretty much all others) are just so pathetic. 

Elon: "I apologize for shit-talking the cripple. Some of my henchmen told me he sucked balls, but it turns out he's only sorta lame and may stick around."

Elon Knob-Gobblers: "OMG, Sir, your magnanimity has me in tears. Only a genius of your caliber has the guts to admit when he's wrong. We should all be so lucky to have such an interaction with you, my liege. Gonna pre-order an extra Cybertruck to mark this day!"

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

The comments from Elon's legion of reply guys on that tweet (and pretty much all others) are just so pathetic. 

Elon: "I apologize for shit-talking the cripple. Some of my henchmen told me he sucked balls, but it turns out he's only sorta lame and may stick around."

Elon Knob-Gobblers: "OMG, Sir, your magnanimity has me in tears. Only a genius of your caliber has the guts to admit when he's wrong. We should all be so lucky to have such an interaction with you, my liege. Gonna pre-order an extra Cybertruck to mark this day!"

I really hope that comment about the $100 million payout clause is true. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Again, a phenomenon I don't get, at all: fealty to a total stranger who doesn't give a shit whether you live or die.  In modern parlance, "stans" for someone.

Just don't fucking get it.  Yet it's a huge thing.  Elon, Andrew Tate, Joe Rogan, Trump, etc. -- people just worship them, to the point that when they smear shit on their own face, instead of saying "well, I usually like the guy, but yeah.....that's fucked up," they have to rationalize how smearing shit on your own face is ACTUALLY a telltale sign that a person is a super brain genius, thus justifying my worship of the guy even more.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

text:

Reveal hidden contents

Seems prescient ...

On 3/3/2023 at 10:14 AM, Grade of D as in David said:

fdd81948-42df-49ea-b33c-266232848960_text.gif.ae9d36acbb3dbf04a04ab7e417d77b89.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

At this point would it surprise anyone to discover Elon is paying a bot farm to reply to his tweets? 

• Hook 'Em 5

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Again, a phenomenon I don't get, at all: fealty to a total stranger who doesn't give a shit whether you live or die.  In modern parlance, "stans" for someone.

Just don't fucking get it.  Yet it's a huge thing.  Elon, Andrew Tate, Joe Rogan, Trump, etc. -- people just worship them, to the point that when they smear shit on their own face, instead of saying "well, I usually like the guy, but yeah.....that's fucked up," they have to rationalize how smearing shit on your own face is ACTUALLY a telltale sign that a person is a super brain genius, thus justifying my worship of the guy even more.

TL;DR - people are stupid

But the real thing is that people see them as what they can hope to attain. I mean they see them all as either from rags to riches or how a boring white guy can succeed. And so they are being deified as the ultimate expression of white guy success. They don't get what advantages these guys might have had or how bullshit their stories really are. People see the success and think THAT COULD BE ME! Even though it really can't (and certainly not without a shit ton of work).

No mater what it is, you shouldn't put it on a pedestal. And that is what the Stans have done with these guys.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

You may not enter your vehicle because

1. Cold weather is interfering with the door's touch function. Wait to drive until a warmer day.

2. You're wearing gloves. Remove the gloves!

3. Sweat is interfering with the door's touch function. Go get a towel.

4. Your hand is in a bandage/cast. Fuck off until you're fully recovered.

5. Wearing a prosthetic because you got boned in Iraq/Afghansistan/Syria? Thank you for your service but go away.

The good news is, the ADA is the least of the problems that "truck's" going to have.

Yeah, this is a solution to a problem that never was.  Reminds of the motion sensor on my kitchen sink.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

TL;DR - people are stupid

But the real thing is that people see them as what they can hope to attain. I mean they see them all as either from rags to riches or how a boring white guy can succeed. And so they are being deified as the ultimate expression of white guy success. They don't get what advantages these guys might have had or how bullshit their stories really are. People see the success and think THAT COULD BE ME! Even though it really can't (and certainly not without a shit ton of work).

No mater what it is, you shouldn't put it on a pedestal. And that is what the Stans have done with these guys.

Agreed, though I would also add that a fair number of them seem to think they're "auditioning" for the opportunity to welcomed into the inner sanctum of each bro's closest bros, or at the very least, as some desperate and thirsty recipient of the king's occasional largesse. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Agreed, though I would also add that a fair number of them seem to think they're "auditioning" for the opportunity to welcomed into the inner sanctum of each bro's closest bros, or at the very least, as some desperate and thirsty recipient of the king's occasional largesse. 

I think there's a whole lotta this.  It's like they're auditioning to be part of his entourage -- their dream is to be sitting at a table with Elon telling him "your meme game is strong."

I'm just not a suckup personality.  Never have been.  Even when I was younger, when I had the opportunity to talk to an "impressive" person (usually some higher-ranking politician), I'd just talk to them and speak my mind.  And listen, and occasionally be impressed by what they had to say, but I've never treated any man as anything other than just a man.  Again, I'm just not wired that way.*

* This rule does not apply to women.  Back in the day, I'd say or do anything if I thought it would give me a .00001% better shot at getting a gal to hook up with me.  I was weak, shameless, and I make no apologies for it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

Tesla last launched a new product in 2019. Its product line is aging and while that wasn’t a big deal when they were a boutique manufacturer of the only real electric car out there— it won’t fly while trying to make it as a real car company.  Ford, Mercedes, hell even Hyundai are lapping them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

56 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I think there's a whole lotta this.  It's like they're auditioning to be part of his entourage -- their dream is to be sitting at a table with Elon telling him "your meme game is strong."

I'm just not a suckup personality.  Never have been.  Even when I was younger, when I had the opportunity to talk to an "impressive" person (usually some higher-ranking politician), I'd just talk to them and speak my mind.  And listen, and occasionally be impressed by what they had to say, but I've never treated any man as anything other than just a man.  Again, I'm just not wired that way.*

* This rule does not apply to women.  Back in the day, I'd say or do anything if I thought it would give me a .00001% better shot at getting a gal to hook up with me.  I was weak, shameless, and I make no apologies for it.

Brother?

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Tesla last launched a new product in 2019. Its product line is aging and while that wasn’t a big deal when they were a boutique manufacturer of the only real electric car out there— it won’t fly while trying to make it as a real car company.  Ford, Mercedes, hell even Hyundai are lapping them. 

That's literally in the NY Times today

• Hook 'Em 4

30 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

One more thing about the guy Musk fired, then hired back.  When you look at it this way, it was absolutely genius how he played Musk like a damned fiddle:

(click on the tweet, and read her entire thread on this)

Also, I love his personal website

That is a damn good thread, spot on.

This one cracked me up because it's so spot on about the Fanbois.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?