Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And they are going to build it along the Colorado river.  Why do I think they will fuck with the river somehow.

And I'm sure it's being sold as this:

07_Houses-of-the-future-dome-house.jpg?1

When it'll be more like a bunch of shipping containers like this:

il_1588xN.4240497810_bjxw.jpg

That’s being to generous, IMHO.

Given that we’re talking stacks, what I fully expect:

kx1eztb96bvvr5dxmri0.jpg 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

“Instead of trying to force one of the world’s richest men out of town, Mr. Ambrose said, “we can make him be a good member of the community and be a good neighbor and follow the law. And that, to me, is worth the effort.””

Jesus Christ, these people have no idea who they are dealing with. Incredible.
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

“We are working on a total rewrite of the housing code here at Musky Gulch.  It’s going to be streamlined and synergized using hardcore cyber to make it the most alpha, giga housing development the world has seen.  So many parts of the stack in current housing codes around the country are useless and redundant, so we’re cleaning that up here.  For example, you don’t really need this part of the stack.  Or this one.  Take those out.  Or that one …. oh, oh JENGA!!!”

image.gif.207c691d12d9566c881bca9b601007e1.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Seems like a dumb idea but I hope they go for it anyway just for the lulz

Meta Looking Into Launching a New Twitter Rival: Report

March 10 (Reuters) - Meta Platforms Inc (META.O) is exploring plans to launch a new social media app in its bid to displace Twitter as the world's "digital town square".

Meta's app will be based on a decentralized framework like Mastodon, a Twitter-like service that was launched in 2016 and now has about 2 million monthly active users.

Spoiler

"We're exploring a standalone decentralized social network for sharing text updates. We believe there's an opportunity for a separate space where creators and public figures can share timely updates about their interests," a Meta spokesperson told Reuters in an emailed statement.

t was not immediately clear when Meta would roll out the new app.

Meta, which saw user growth boom after the acquisition of Instagram and WhatsApp in the early 2010s, has of late faced intense competition from Chinese short-video app TikTok.

Meta's monthly active users for its family of apps grew 4.2% in the December 2022 quarter, compared with 8.8% growth a year earlier.

"It is a strategy to dominate all spaces under the social media and have offerings that cover all use-cases and demographics," said Jehil Thakkar, Partner, Deloitte India.

10 hours ago, Stringer said:

“Instead of trying to force one of the world’s richest men out of town, Mr. Ambrose said, “we can make him be a good member of the community and be a good neighbor and follow the law. And that, to me, is worth the effort.””

Many in Texas don't realize that Musk/Tesla is all about replacing the internal combustion engine, but I doubt Texas makes much off of selling fuel for such engines, so maybe they don't care and are happy to give him tax breaks, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I dunno, I think everybody's pretty confident that Musk will continue to fuck around with twitter and given the number of advertisers that have fled twitter, Meta coming out with their own such platform would have a built-in advertising base ready to go.

And Meta doesn't have to worry about Zuckerberg walking into a data center, unplugging a rack of servers, and hopping on MetaTwitter and bragging about it.

Meta wouldn't be talking about it unless the bean counters have determined the money is already there.

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Many in Texas don't realize that Musk/Tesla is all about replacing the internal combustion engine, but I doubt Texas makes much off of selling fuel for such engines, so maybe they don't care and are happy to give him tax breaks, etc.

No, I think they do...but he owns the libs so it's totally worth it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Meta Looking Into Launching a New Twitter Rival: Report

March 10 (Reuters) - Meta Platforms Inc (META.O) is exploring plans to launch a new social media app in its bid to displace Twitter as the world's "digital town square".

Meta's app will be based on a decentralized framework like Mastodon, a Twitter-like service that was launched in 2016 and now has about 2 million monthly active users.

Reveal hidden contents

"We're exploring a standalone decentralized social network for sharing text updates. We believe there's an opportunity for a separate space where creators and public figures can share timely updates about their interests," a Meta spokesperson told Reuters in an emailed statement.

t was not immediately clear when Meta would roll out the new app.

Meta, which saw user growth boom after the acquisition of Instagram and WhatsApp in the early 2010s, has of late faced intense competition from Chinese short-video app TikTok.

Meta's monthly active users for its family of apps grew 4.2% in the December 2022 quarter, compared with 8.8% growth a year earlier.

"It is a strategy to dominate all spaces under the social media and have offerings that cover all use-cases and demographics," said Jehil Thakkar, Partner, Deloitte India.

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I dunno, I think everybody's pretty confident that Musk will continue to fuck around with twitter and given the number of advertisers that have fled twitter, Meta coming out with their own such platform would have a built-in advertising base ready to go.

And Meta doesn't have to worry about Zuckerberg walking into a data center, unplugging a rack of servers, and hopping on MetaTwitter and bragging about it.

Meta wouldn't be talking about it unless the bean counters have determined the money is already there.

Frankly I think the market is ripe for a Twitter alternative. And given that Metaface is all about copying/stealing, this just might be their thing*. They might make it work.

Granted, they can't acquire anyone to do this, so maybe their idea is dumb.

Also the market is full of copies already:

• Mastodon - not a bad idea, but not taking the world by storm
  • Post.News - seems to be a popular alternative destination
  • Bluesky - So Jack Dorsey was out at twitter and just literally launched a competitor - they didn't have the sense to make sure he couldn't do that!!

* Facebook has come up with exactly 0 original tech. Any new tech post FB launch was an acquisition - even FB was a stolen idea by Zucks in school and we saw the movie about it.

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Frankly I think the market is ripe for a Twitter alternative. And given that Metaface is all about copying/stealing, this just might be their thing*. They might make it work.

Granted, they can't acquire anyone to do this, so maybe their idea is dumb.

Also the market is full of copies already:

• Mastodon - not a bad idea, but not taking the world by storm
  • Post.News - seems to be a popular alternative destination
  • Bluesky - So Jack Dorsey was out at twitter and just literally launched a competitor - they didn't have the sense to make sure he couldn't do that!!

* Facebook has come up with exactly 0 original tech. Any new tech post FB launch was an acquisition - even FB was a stolen idea by Zucks in school and we saw the movie about it.

Mastadon is great, the fediverse is great as a concept but it's hard. on the flip side there are really damn good apps for it (Ivory specifically)

Post i need to get on more but not a bunch of people i follow are there? joined the bluesky beta waiting list recently.

Meta should just rip that shit off. Tie it your FB account so you are more sure it's a real person in theory (well more than twitter which just requires an email, so more hoops to jump through) - but they should have released this on 1/1/23.

11 hours ago, Stringer said:

SO. MUCH. THIS.

I decided to go back and watch Chap's video's on YouTube because I hadn't due to their length - WTF dude. His first (which hadn't been linked) literally opens up with him saying "The weird part here is that I actually am an Elon Musk fan. I have my Tesla Cybertruck reservation here from November of 2019 and SpaceX's Starlink their Satelite service I also signed up for last year. So you have my $200 interest free." So basically two reservations and as of that video NOT CANCELED.

Video 1 (Apr 1, 2022) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx1hNws45ho

Video 2 (Feb 28, 2023) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xavjIzdsyBk

I was blown away, especially in light of what the people that live on that road are complaining about (and I'm only halfway through that video!!!). How the Bleep do you even want to do business with this company/person when they have been treated the way they have?!?!!?

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Tie it your FB account so you are more sure it's a real person in theory (well more than twitter which just requires an email, so more hoops to jump through) - but they should have released this on 1/1/23.

About that "real person in theory"...If you understand how FB operates you would have to be completely insane to ever trust FB. So you can automatically cross off the list of potential lures to a new FB venture a huge group that served as one of the main draw to twitter, news journalists (differentiated from shysters such as the Taibbis and Greenwalds of the world). Sports "journos," are in their own bubble and probably more likely to operate on FB. But my intuition is a huge proportion of US twitter users are in the Never FB category. IOW they're on twitter because they hate facebook.

Also, the "real person in theory" doesn't seem to work very well if reports of FB's continued problems with trolls from Russia and other countries are to be believed. And we know from 2016 that FB/Zuck is quite Moscow friendly, so they would begin the game with fewer potential users than some of the new startup twitter competitors.

I would guess FB is looking at it as a possible boost for their desire to have their own micropayment system. FB's other problem is legit media will find it challenging to say the least to become partners once more in a FB news enterprise after losing their shirts to FB's double-cross in their first news venture, the famous "pivot to video."

Edited by Chopper
clarity, hopefully
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Stringer said:

• Haha 1

Given how he runs Twitter, what could go wrong

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/bastrop-county/neighbors-upset-with-boring-co-s-wastewater-dumping-request/

Neighbors and city officials in Bastrop County are concerned about the Boring Company’s request to dump more than 100,000 gallons of treated wastewater into their drinking-water supply, and this month they will get a chance to hear from Elon Musk’s company and the state commission responsible for granting the permit to dump. 

After a public outcry against the permit, and a request from state Sen. Sarah Eckhardt, D-Austin, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality will hold a public hearing to answer questions on March 21. The meeting will start at 7 p.m. at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Bastrop. 

“They could be doing a lot better, and we’re learning on how to deal with that, and what we can do to make sure that this is a positive thing for the county,” Chap Ambrose, who lives right next door to the Boring Co.’s facility, explained.

In July, Gapped Bass LLC, an entity affiliated with the Boring Co., submitted a permit application with the TCEQ to dump 142,500 gallons of treated wastewater directly into the Colorado River below Lady Bird Lake. The water treatment facility on the company’s property would serve a “tunnel boring equipment manufacturing and testing facility with on-site residences,” according to a notice from TCEQ. 

The company is also requesting the ability to discharge the wastewater onto its own 63 acres of land that cannot be accessed by the public. 

The area of the lake where this treated wastewater would go directly into is known as Segment No. 1428. The TCEQ says the area is designated for “primary contact recreation, public water supply, and exceptional aquatic life use.”

Ambrose is not alone in his concerns. A database on the TCEQ website shows the permit application has received more than 100 comments from the community. Most of the comments are against the permit and ask the commission not to approve it. 

The city of Bastrop is also on the list of those against the permit. In a letter written by assistant city manager Trey Job, it says the city will be affected by the dumping into the river. 

One of the concerns listed in the letter is the “potential impact to the city’s future discharge permit requirements due to upstream degradation.” The city would rather have the company connect into the local wastewater treatment infrastructure. The city says it intends to request a contested case hearing on the permit application.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, Stringer said:

This guy is an idiot. For a guy that has been buttfucked regularly for the past few years by Musk and his companies, he still wants to play ball with these guys!!! WTF?!?!?! Hell, he was so happy about putting in Starlink in one of his videos! I do not get it! He now looks out his big windows to ... THE BORING COMPANY.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

This guy is an idiot. For a guy that has been buttfucked regularly for the past few years by Musk and his companies, he still wants to play ball with these guys!!! WTF?!?!?! Hell, he was so happy about putting in Starlink in one of his videos! I do not get it! He now looks out his big windows to ... THE BORING COMPANY.

I know. I wondered if the multiple times that the violations were ignored finally broke him or something. That discharge along with Elontown could perhaps be an expensive problem. Not like Elon will stick around to clean up any enviromess, even if anything happened. But low-reg, no reg is why he set up shop here.

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

When was the last time TCEQ did anything in the public's interest as opposed to industry's? Any environmental attorneys here? 20 years ago?

I worked as an intern at TNRCC 25+ years ago.  It was pretty pro industry back then, but most of the careers seemed to take their jobs seriously and tried to find balance.  I can’t imagine what it’s like now.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I worked as an intern at TNRCC 25+ years ago.  It was pretty pro industry back then, but most of the careers seemed to take their jobs seriously and tried to find balance.  I can’t imagine what it’s like now.

Yes I tried to build that into my question. There was a hard turning point somewhere around 20 years ago. Maybe less. They once seemed, from my distant perspective, at least partially interested in the public good and that's why, I gather, TNRCC no longer exists.

15 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

nah, they got wetlands and national oversight and shit. florida people are trash, don't get me wrong, but they do seem to care about their wretched swamps.

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure the bill that stripped Disney of their own municipality would prevent Space Karen from forming his own.

Edited by Captain Ron

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

nah, they got wetlands and national oversight and shit. florida people are trash, don't get me wrong, but they do seem to care about their wretched swamps.

Sheeeeeeit, like they care about state wetlands if Elon came a callin'.

44 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure the bill that stripped Disney of their own municipality would prevent Space Karen from forming his own.

Sheeeeeeit, like they wouldn't pass a new bill granting Tesla omnipotent powers and whatnot (and DeSantis would sign it in the nude, if necessary) if Elon came a callin'.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Sheeeeeeit, like they care about state wetlands if Elon came a callin'.

Sheeeeeeit, like they wouldn't pass a new bill granting Tesla omnipotent powers and whatnot (and DeSantis would sign it in the nude, if necessary) if Elon came a callin'.

Yep.

All you have to do is characterize a position of "guys, I don't know....maybe we SHOULDN'T let people dump raw shit and industrial waste directly into our drinking water.." as "WOKENESS RUN AMOK!", and a provision banning any regulation of discharges into waterways will be enshrined in the Florida constitution by next week.

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

WTF? I blocked Elmo on twitter. But I see all of his tweets now. Wtf?!?!

something about viewing an account in the app. 

I’m getting email notifications with his tweets.  And it’s trying to always force me to login to read the email notifications.   It’s fucking annoying as shit.

• Rage+1 3

Elon openly talked about working with Taibbi on the releases and Taibbi said in a blog on his substack that he had to agree to certain conditions for Elon to give him access to Twitter's files. It's so fucking weird that they're so blatantly lying about shit they publicly said like six weeks ago.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Elon openly talked about working with Taibbi on the releases and Taibbi said in a blog on his substack that he had to agree to certain conditions for Elon to give him access to Twitter's files. It's so fucking weird that they're so blatantly lying about shit they publicly said like six weeks ago.

Alpha males or some shit.

14 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Twitter getting real

This is why Meta will succeed - advertisers don't want to be on a platform where this shit is openly allowed.

Advertisers want to spend money, but Elon wants to provide a platform to shitty people that advertisers want nothing to do with.

But hey, he's got that Tesla stock, and it's doing great - only down $40 over the past month.  He can keep selling it so he can keep reading her DMs.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Elon musk kidnapped 4 Americans and killed 2 of them. 

Well, he happily profited from it and gave a platform to the people who did so.  Fucking seriously, he's going full-speed ahead "pure evil," and the exact element of our society that you would think would cheer it....is cheering it.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/9/2023 at 4:04 PM, longhornmatt said:

“We are working on a total rewrite of the housing code here at Musky Gulch.  It’s going to be streamlined and synergized using hardcore cyber to make it the most alpha, giga housing development the world has seen.  So many parts of the stack in current housing codes around the country are useless and redundant, so we’re cleaning that up here.  For example, you don’t really need this part of the stack.  Or this one.  Take those out.  Or that one …. oh, oh JENGA!!!”

some nerd explained to elon that deploying containers would be efficient and here we are 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Is it though? We've seen this playbook of lying for the sake of tarnishing the truth in general before. It can be quite effective in getting a huge group of uncritical but useful idiots to follow a demagogue to do horrible things. 

It's worked wonders for putin to even get this far, but it wouldn't be possible without the apathy that's been beaten into the Russian people by generations of lying for the sake of lying

A quote from the article about the cartel accounts on twitter

Some of the cartels’ imagery appears to violate Twitter’s policies around violent content. One video posted by a member of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel, headed by Nemesio Oseguera, one of the world’s most-wanted drug lords, features decapitated heads of rival cartel members being tossed into a bonfire. Another tweet posted by a member of La Chapisa, a faction of the Sinaloa cartel, features a victim being scalped.

Unlike the Taliban, members of the drug cartels haven’t bought blue checks yet, according to the report’s findings. Garcia said that she suspects that this is because gang members don’t want to attract more attention and potentially get deplatformed again. “Using social media can be a double-edged sword for them,” she said. “They have learned how not to be as vulnerable, and not attract more attention from authorities.”

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?