Deadpool & Wolverine

Michael Knight

i love Deadpool/Ryan Reynolds and have seen both of the previous movies. and i saw the original XMen way back whenever it first came out, so i'm aware of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. but as i've mentioned here before... that's about it for me and Marvel (actually think i saw the first Spiderman, first Ironman, then agreed to accompany my mate to Wakanda Forever to be nice lol). anyways, just not my scene, man.

so i hope this one doesn't require the full breadth of MCU knowledge in order to enjoy it! 🙄

10 hours ago, WBT said:

Why's he have all that shit on his face?

because you touch yourself at night.

it's all over his body. It's a side effect of the "treatment" they gave  him to get his mutant powers. It also keeps his cancer away and why he has no hair. 

Trailer suggests he’s gonna fix the multiverse and get Marvel unfucked.  He might literally do that.  Like go back in time and keep Captain America from messing it up, while resetting Marvel back to ONE cinematic universe (and hopefully killing off the newer, suckier) characters.

Very 4th wall, SO meta and 100% Deadpool.

• Hook 'Em 1

Disney's not going to mess with it. They need a hit at the box office and the MCU is starting to die out. This could provide the course correction they badly need. 

If you need further proof

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Are the trailers with the TVA and mobius real?  If so then is Loki really in this too?  So in. 

TVA is in it, but there's been no Mobius nor Loki in any trailers so far. 

It almost looks like they're setting up the void at the end of time to be like a Secret Wars Battle World

• Hook 'Em 1

Deadpool will be given a choice to stay in his universe or enter the Marvel universe and he'll do so, probably to protect his wife and friends. By doing so, he loses his 4th wall breaking ability so he fits in the world built by the Marvel universe and going forward is just the likeable, shit talking, violent asshole everyone loves.

Edited by CooterBrown

21 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Deadpool will be given a choice to stay in his universe or enter the Marvel universe and he'll do so, probably to protect his wife and friends. By doing so, he loses his 4th wall breaking ability so he fits in the world built by the Marvel universe and going forward is just the likeable, shit talking, violent asshole everyone loves.

She-Hulk breaks the 4th wall. I doubt that would an issue for the MCU with Deadpool.

4 hours ago, safe sex said:

Yeah they've gotta. I'm sure this movie is going to be pivotal to bringing the X-Men into the MCU

We’ve already got Professor X in Strange 2 and Beast playing Dr in Marvels mid credit. They’ve teased them plenty. This movies mission is to create a universe they can exist in along side the MCU characters we already know and love. 

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Parliament said:

Pardon me for white knighting for RR.  But he's the kinda guy who if he gets interference from Disney for too many d*ck jokes, he'll just stop making the movie.  You don't mess with art.  Ryan Reynolds won't let you.

Maybe I’m missing the Deadpool level of irony here, but are you really holding up the star of Red Notice, Free Guy, and the Hitman’s Bodyguard as a pillar of artistic integrity?

This looks good, especially compared to the recent run of superhero movies, but Reynolds is the king of empty money grabs. 

48 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

We’ve already got Professor X in Strange 2 and Beast playing Dr in Marvels mid credit. They’ve teased them plenty. This movies mission is to create a universe they can exist in along side the MCU characters we already know and love. 

Well, yeah, that's what I meant. I'm aware of the references.

RE: Ryan Reynolds

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

Maybe I’m missing the Deadpool level of irony here, but are you really holding up the star of Red Notice, Free Guy, and the Hitman’s Bodyguard as a pillar of artistic integrity?

This looks good, especially compared to the recent run of superhero movies, but Reynolds is the king of empty money grabs. 

Yes.  And eff you.

On 2/13/2024 at 5:46 PM, UncleSonny said:

IMG_0604.gif.5e2881dff82366f295932818b4e7d897.gif

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

For everyone hyped about Deadpool and Wolverine you may want to dial your expectations back abit. Shawn Levy is directing this one

Didn't like Free Guy huh? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 10:00 AM, Parliament said:

Trailer suggests he’s gonna fix the multiverse and get Marvel unfucked.  He might literally do that.  Like go back in time and keep Captain America from messing it up, while resetting Marvel back to ONE cinematic universe (and hopefully killing off the newer, suckier) characters.

Very 4th wall, SO meta and 100% Deadpool.