Kamala Harris 2024

I know that many of the posters on this board laugh at anyone who is reluctant to throw down the racist claim or the sexist claim when it comes to Republican bullshit, and I'm one of those just because, frankly I was raised that way. Both of those claims are big deals so they should not be used lightly.

But all that goes out the window when it comes to that orange, treasonous, rapist, racist cunt. 

IF someone has evidence that Kamala sold nuclear codes to the North Koreans, MAYBE there is an argument that she would not be a better President than Trump or gingival retard asslicker Tim Scott.   Maybe. Close call.

SO I've thrown those two cards down.  There, I said it.  

From now on on these boards I don't want to hear anything negative about Kamala.  And if you do say something negative you're nothing but a racist, sexist prick Russian puppet.

Sorry for the rant, K-Girl.

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Nothing,  The GQP is probably fear mongering that if you vote Biden/Harris you're likely to get another melanated president in the next 4 years.  Oh the horrors of returning the Obama years after 2017-2020

1 hour ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

From now on on these boards I don't want to hear anything negative about Kamala.  And if you do say something negative you're nothing but a racist, sexist prick Russian puppet.

always a sign of a well thought out, reasonable position is a pre-declaration of playing the race card.  Bravo.

Edited by Incredulity
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

always a sign of a well thought out, reasonable position is a pre-declaration of playing the race card.  Bravo.

Why, when the party in question has proved to embrace racism along many other isms to scare people and remain in power

• Hook 'Em 4

33 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Why, when the party in question has proved to embrace racism along many other isms to scare people and remain in power

Yeah even a pub who is not actually racist is about half likely to throw out some racist trope just to curry favor with the base. 

3 hours ago, Incredulity said:

All I'm suggesting is that the BEST argument someone has to preferring Trump over Kamala is that she's black and their guy is white. 

Don't get your panties in a wad.

I'm still a huge proponent of the idea that Biden drop out right before the convention. It would be chaos, but would also energize everything. Kamala might come out on top, which I'm fine with, but the dems would leave the convention with excitement. I will absolutely vote for Biden, but would love a younger more lively candidate. 

I'm still a huge proponent of the idea that Biden drop out right before the convention. It would be chaos, but would also energize everything. Kamala might come out on top, which I'm fine with, but the dems would leave the convention with excitement. I will absolutely vote for Biden, but would love a younger more lively candidate. 

Fuck no. I’m okay with Biden retiring next summer though.
  • Hook 'Em 5

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah even a pub who is not actually racist is about half likely to throw out some racist trope just to curry favor with the base. 

Iswydt 

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

No. It would be nothing but chaotic back-stabbing with front-page headlines in the NYT for months afterwards about how the Dems are disorganized and doomed to failure. Nope, dance with the one that brung you.

1 minute ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

No. It would be nothing but chaotic back-stabbing with front-page headlines in the NYT for months afterwards about how the Dems are disorganized and doomed to failure. Nope, dance with the one that brung you.

This. Fuck, just resign on Jan 21 and call it a day. The fucking heart attacks by the GQP over it would be hilarious. 

Or better, 1 min after taking the oath again. Everyone is already gathered for Harris to take the oath 😂

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

I really like Ezra Klein but this might be his worst idea ever.  

I’m happy to cede the “excitement” award to the ejaculatory mongoloids exiting the GOP convention.  Give me sober and stable as long as that candidate can secure the electoral college. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

The Proud Boys would look at that as an opportunity to get Mike Johnson in as President before a new Veep is appointed 

New Congress gets sat before that. So you mean Hakeem Jeffries 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

4 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

2 hours ago, LCHorn said:

I really like Ezra Klein but this might be his worst idea ever.  

I’m happy to cede the “excitement” award to the ejaculatory mongoloids exiting the GOP convention.  Give me sober and stable as long as that candidate can secure the electoral college. 

All fair points. I'm a true blue Democrat and I just wish I was more excited about the next election. I think Biden has done a good job and chances are he might not last another 4 years anyway. 

57 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I think Biden has done a good job and chances are he might not last another 4 years anyway. 

Chances are I might not last another 4 years, either, and Biden has decades on me.  Do we need to post the actuarial data AGAIN, which shows that statistically Biden is expected to live another 8.1 years?  (For completeness, Trump projects to live another 10.2 years.)

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

All fair points. I'm a true blue Democrat and I just wish I was more excited about the next election. I think Biden has done a good job and chances are he might not last another 4 years anyway. 

On the flip side the country isn’t going to survive 4 more years of Trump. Biden winning and dying and Harris taking over at least means there’s a free and fair 2028 election. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2024 at 9:00 PM, Mo Horn said:

Kamala might come out on top, which I'm fine with, but the dems would leave the convention with excitement. I will absolutely vote for Biden, but would love a younger more lively candidate. 

Which is the point I have utterly been unable to communicate. 

Why not both?  Excited about Biden continuing his efforts and also supper pumped if he is unable to and Kamala takes the reins.

I think Kamala is a huge fucking selling point, especially in comparison to the shit the Republicans are bringing to the table, and the Dems needs to sell and not be defensive about the fact that Joe is long in the tooth.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

It is the first year the finals are basically co-branded, I think? Womens semis last night, men’s tonight, women’s finals tomorrow and men’s Monday? I don’t recall the tight schedule treating almost the same?

but yeah actual brackets nah, she’s wrong. 

On 2/23/2024 at 10:00 PM, Mo Horn said:

On 2/24/2024 at 8:19 AM, CooterBrown said:

I'm fine with Biden winning and serving out his second term.

I'm also fine with Biden retiring next summer, but that's only likely if Hakeem Jeffries is Speaker.

On 2/23/2024 at 9:00 PM, Mo Horn said:

On 2/24/2024 at 7:19 AM, CooterBrown said:

Fuck both of you.  We need to appoint Biden as President for Life and hope he lives to 200 years old.  What he’s done under the current political landscape is a god damn miracle.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Fuck both of you.  We need to appoint Biden as President for Life and hope he lives to 200 years old.  What he’s done under the current political landscape is a god damn miracle.

Pretty much true, his 40 years on Capitol Hill really have paid dividends. Most effective president in decades. Miraculous under the current political landscape. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, troph said:

Pretty much true, his 40 years on Capitol Hill really have paid dividends. Most effective president in decades. Miraculous under the current political landscape. 

we were just discussing that with friends yesterday...he's actually kind of been really, really good at presidenting. even i have been surprised. we'll see if he gets re-elected how the second term goes... but he honestly might end up ranked higher than Obama.

of course, his opponent party has been wearing their underwear on their head and eating their boogers the whole time, but still... he's done a damn good job all things considered.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mchookem said:

but he honestly might end up ranked higher than Obama.

This is not in doubt.  Biden has run circles around Obama and is challenging Bill Clinton as best President in my lifetime - granted my lifetime has not seen the best of the best for the most part.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/2976729/secret-service-agent-protecting-kamala-harris-involved-in-fight-with-other-agents/

An armed U.S. Secret Service agent assigned to Vice President Kamala Harris‘s protective detail fought unarmed with other detail agents on Monday morning.

The incident occurred at the Washington, D.C.-area Andrews Air Force Base, before Harris arrived, and after the agent suffered what the Secret Service has characterized as a medical incident. The Washington Examiner is aware of the agent’s name and specific detail responsibilities but is withholding those details for privacy reasons.

The Washington Examiner understands that the agent became aggressive with other agents. When the special agent in charge and a detail shift supervisor attempted to calm the agent, a physical altercation ensued. The agent was handcuffed before being withdrawn from service for medical assessment. Harris was scheduled to arrive at Andrews Air Force Base after the incident.

In a statement, Secret Service Chief of Communications Anthony Guglielmi told the Washington Examiner, “At approximately 9 a.m. April 22, a U.S. Secret Service special agent supporting the Vice President’s departure from Joint Base Andrews began displaying behavior their colleagues found distressing. The agent was removed from their assignment while medical personnel were summoned. The Vice President was at the Naval Observatory when this incident occurred and there was no impact on her departure from Joint Base Andrews. The U.S. Secret Service takes the safety and health of our employees very seriously. As this was a medical matter, we will not disclose any further details.”