Surly 2024 March Madness Bracket Contest

BigOrange1

I got a notifcation from ESPN.com that the braket contest is now live so I went ahead and set up the Surly group.  Entry fee will be $30 and we'll pay out the top 3 finishers.  You can join at the below link and the password is Disu.

https://fantasy.espn.com/tc/sharer?challengeId=240&from=espn&context=GROUP_INVITE&edition=espn-en&groupId=4ef44d69-7c75-4eb8-9708-5f7b3faeb74f&joinKey=ce8af5cc-5783-3c59-b1be-f3733670d38f

After you join PM me and tell me how you wish to pay (Venmo/Paypal/Cash App).

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/11/2024 at 4:20 PM, BigOrange1 said:

I got a notifcation from ESPN.com that the braket contest is now live so I went ahead and set up the Surly group.  Entry fee will be $30 and we'll pay out the top 3 finishers.  You can join at the below link and the password is Disu.

https://fantasy.espn.com/tc/sharer?challengeId=240&from=espn&context=GROUP_INVITE&edition=espn-en&groupId=4ef44d69-7c75-4eb8-9708-5f7b3faeb74f&joinKey=ce8af5cc-5783-3c59-b1be-f3733670d38f

After you join PM me and tell me how you wish to pay (Venmo/Paypal/Cash App).

Yes!  In for 3.

• immamac pinned and featured this topic

"The odds of filling out a March Madness men's tournament bracket with the winner of every game correctly picked are 1 in 9.2 quintillion. This means that the odds of a perfect NCAA bracket are 1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 (9.2 quintillion) if you just guess or flip a coin. If you know a little something about basketball, the odds are 1 in 120.2 billion"

Just sayin

The only prediction I'll make is that Texas and Tennessee will NOT face each other. One, the other, or both will lose their first game. Because it is impossible for them to face each other and both lose.

I'll bet real money on that. 'bout tree fiddy.

Any takers?

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Fuck yeah!!

Ready to throw away another $30!

redheadboobsdancing.gif.fef98760ca2c5673bd2b94e7f8879aaf.gif

oh my m

money sent - I have no idea what I'm doing. I bet I've watched less CBB this year than I ever have - which means I'll probably do better than I usually do. 

This is me.

Probably will have my 8 yr old do my picks based on color and mascot, I’ll donate tonight

Btw is college bball a week behind? Seems like usually this past weekend is the first weekend of madness.

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This is me.

Probably will have my 8 yr old do my picks based on color and mascot, I’ll donate tonight

Btw is college bball a week behind? Seems like usually this past weekend is the first weekend of madness.

seems like it to me.  I had spring break last week, and I was muttering how I could have spent time productively watching the tourney.

Yeah I recall the last couple of years I've taken off Spring Break because my wife and kids are all off as well, and I was somewhat disappointed that I couldn't watch the opening rounds while "at work". 

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This is me.

We are 4-5 days behind 2021 and a couple days behind 2019

9 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

In. Also, I am running the "pick a team on each seed line" contest for the 3rd straight year, 

BigOrange if you wanna do this let me know, and I'll send you $5 for the net difference in entries.

sounds good!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 9:46 AM, Js1 said:

We are 4-5 days behind 2021 and a couple days behind 2019

?

The tournament this year lines up with 2019.

2013 was the first time they pushed it back where the tournament could end on the 2nd Monday of April (April 8). It always finished on the first Monday of April (or last Monday in March) before then. So yes it’s “late” compared to the ‘90s and ‘00s, but it’s been like this for the last decade.

In and paid, motherbitches.
I have jury duty this week. Who wants some action on whether or not I get called in Thursday or Friday?

I hope it’s Thursday, Friday starting at 11CDT and someone goes 12 angry men on you and you miss the best 2 days in sports

My wife got called in this upcoming Monday..supposed to get slapped with a winter storm that day of course. Shit should be voluntary. Our lives shouldn’t be diverted because of some fuck off

I’ve heard the odds of advancing to be an actual juror are pretty low after the first round

20 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I hope it’s Thursday, Friday starting at 11CDT and someone goes 12 angry men on you and you miss the best 2 days in sports

My wife got called in this upcoming Monday..supposed to get slapped with a winter storm that day of course. Shit should be voluntary. Our lives shouldn’t be diverted because of some fuck off

I’ve heard the odds of advancing to be an actual juror are pretty low after the first round

The first time I had jury duty, I avoided the call all week...then got called in Friday morning. Then sat around doing nothing in the waiting room all day...and got called into a courtroom at like 3 or 4pm. I was still on the jury as of 5pm, so had to come back Monday morning.

First thing the judge announces: the case was settled. Got to fuck off of work that day, so that part was cool.

• Like 1

The first time I had jury duty, I avoided the call all week...then got called in Friday morning. Then sat around doing nothing in the waiting room all day...and got called into a courtroom at like 3 or 4pm. I was still on the jury as of 5pm, so had to come back Monday morning.
First thing the judge announces: the case was settled. Got to fuck off of work that day, so that part was cool.

Lolol so dumb and a waste of time for 99.2% of the populous

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Nobody should want jurors who want to be there.

Do your duty and suck it up. 

47 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Anyone got any squares pools that need filling? My usual pool guy forgot to email me until after the squares were already full. 

@South Austin‘s mom has some holes that need filling. But that’s a different type of gambling. 

ok i am showing that i have received 55 payments thus far.  if i have "liked" your payment on venmo, that means it is accounted for.  for those who have paid via paypal, i think i have messaged you all to confirm that i have your payment.  if you've paid via paypal and i haven't confirmed it, let me know.

• Like 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic