2024 NCAA Tournament - Second Round Games - Saturday/Sunday

Pancho

Just now, UTEE97 said:

They said the same things about Mack. Apparently, we have to give a lifetime contract to a coach if he or she wins anything of significance.

still love that NIT banner.  one of my most favorite moments as a fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

So Texas isn't allowed to move on from underperforming coaches.

Because reasons.

the problem was we were a complete shitshow in the AD office and University during that time.  Patterson and Perrin were complete disasters and leadership didn't help.  We fired great coaches who were mailing it in but still considered good coaches for completely shitty coaches which made us look like idiots.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the problem was we were a complete shitshow in the AD office and University during that time.  Patterson and Perrin were complete disasters and leadership didn't help.  We fired great coaches who were mailing it in but still considered good coaches for completely shitty coaches which made us look like idiots.

Non-Texas Shaka doesn't appear to be all that shitty.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Non-Texas Shaka doesn't appear to be all that shitty.

eh, the guy went 12 seasons without winning 2 games in the tournament.   I said that Marquette was a good spot for him.  Big East is meh besides UConn but good enough that you can get a high seed if you are in the top 2 or 3.  he could always recruit and you can recruit/athlete your way to that.

He got outcoached badly in the Big 12 on a regular basis.

He's beaten a 15 and a 10.  don't get me wrong I'd like to be there too.  Hopefully RT can coach us to top 4 seed line in the tournament.

34 minutes ago, Deej said:

ESPN radio this morning saying Barnes got redemption for Texas' mistreatment of him. I'm sure they'll have a similar take on Shaka tomorrow.

Well, they've written paychecks to Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, and Colin Cowherd, so they can go sit the fuck down.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Purdue is extremely big everywhere.  Not sure mormon aggie is gonna be able to hang for very long.

How do you defend Edey? I just can't believe their early exits despite having a player like him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UTEE97 said:

How do you defend Edey? I just can't believe their early exits despite having a player like him.

you give him 2 and you make your 3's.  as to your second comment Painter...

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

No love for Matt Bullard?

You talking about Air Bull?

It was interesting at half hearing Kenny talk about playing offense with a real center

In this portal/one-and-done era, what a fucking windfall it is to have a player like Zach Edey--huge and dominant enough to be great at the college level but not good enough to project well to the NBA.

Players like him are going to be worth their weight in NIL gold going forward.

really love watching this HS varsity vs 8th grade B team matchup with no other options available. so thanks to whoever the geniuses are that decided to schedule this tourney this way.

Yea but tonight we get 3 at a time.. So you can either split screen, watch on a mobile device, scoreboard watch via the tiny scoreboard and flip back and forth

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Call of the tournament. How did you know what was going to happen??

Well, if I revealed that, then everyone would have the gift, wouldn't they?

Edited by TexArcher
Spoiler alert: ou will still suck tomorrow...
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

If Edey were able to accept NIL funds (he can’t since he’s not an American citizen), I wonder who’d pay him the most for next season 

Not true. He can receive passive NIL that only requires licensing, like being in a video game. He's not allowed to do any active engagement that would be seen as off-campus labor, like a meet and greet.  That would be the visa violation.

• Like 1

NIL might be backfiring in basketball. Blue bloods able to stockpile all the good players. So parity is not happening like maybe it was?

Probably a stupid take. I’m pretty good at those. 

• Pancho unpinned this topic