Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yes, this thread has taken many wrong sidetracks. Only reason I'm back on this is because a sublimely moronic claim by Jive Turkey that really turns progressivism on his head.  Jive Turkey is saying what you're saying (and your point is valid), but that our focus on her is unjustified because she's just a humble servant of a small-ish 700k district.  Their words, not mine.  That's beyond fucking stupid.  You can say people are targeting her for myriad reasons, but then to throw up your hands in defense and shout, "Leave AOC Alone...she be but from a small and humble district of a wee 700,000 citizens."  That's beyond dumb.  Almost every U.S. House Rep. has a district size of that population.  You can't yell at folks for targeting her and then try to hide behind bullshit like "Her district is small, leave her be y'all....Get!"  You can lay claim to a lot, but that's beyond idiotic.  It's right up there as being as dumb as some Trumpkin dipshit claiming he won the popular vote because he received more Electoral College Votes.  

You want to be a U.S. House Member?  You win over a district of about 700,000 people, you deal with the dissent, and you sure s shit don't have your supporters claim you're being unfairly targeted because your district is so humbly sized.  She's being unfairly targeted but for progressive supporters of hers to say "be nice, she has a small district" is in defiance of progressivism because it screams, "I ain't good at civics. I ain't good at history.  I ain't good at maths."  You know who else screams that shit?  Trumpkins.  I love her taking on Pelosi.  I can't wait to throw some AOC shit next month when Pelosi is in Austin.  meantime, tell that fucking dipshit up above to shut the fuck up about her district size.  It's the same size as everyone else's.  You don't get protection for being in a district that's actually the same size as everybody else's.  Let's all quit making excuses for stupid people on all three sides of the aisle.  

I'm sorry, you think ***I'M*** the one with Asperger's?

• Like 2

I'm on the spectrum.  You should join me so we can inform Jive Turkey of other fascinating developments that in addition to ~700k/house district, there's also 2 Senators from each state.  I mean this conspiracy of numbers goes right to the top, man!  

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yes, this thread has taken many wrong sidetracks. Only reason I'm back on this is because a sublimely moronic claim by Jive Turkey that really turns progressivism on his head.  Jive Turkey is saying what you're saying (and your point is valid), but that our focus on her is unjustified because she's just a humble servant of a small-ish 700k district.  Their words, not mine.  That's beyond fucking stupid.  You can say people are targeting her for myriad reasons, but then to throw up your hands in defense and shout, "Leave AOC Alone...she be but from a small and humble district of a wee 700,000 citizens."  That's beyond dumb.  Almost every U.S. House Rep. has a district size of that population.  You can't yell at folks for targeting her and then try to hide behind bullshit like "Her district is small, leave her be y'all....Get!"  You can lay claim to a lot, but that's beyond idiotic.  It's right up there as being as dumb as some Trumpkin dipshit claiming he won the popular vote because he received more Electoral College Votes.  

You want to be a U.S. House Member?  You win over a district of about 700,000 people, you deal with the dissent, and you sure s shit don't have your supporters claim you're being unfairly targeted because your district is so humbly sized.  She's being unfairly targeted but for progressive supporters of hers to say "be nice, she has a small district" is in defiance of progressivism because it screams, "I ain't good at civics. I ain't good at history.  I ain't good at maths."  You know who else screams that shit?  Trumpkins.  I love her taking on Pelosi.  I can't wait to throw some AOC shit next month when Pelosi is in Austin.  meantime, tell that fucking dipshit up above to shut the fuck up about her district size.  It's the same size as everyone else's.  You don't get protection for being in a district that's actually the same size as everybody else's.  Let's all quit making excuses for stupid people on all three sides of the aisle.  

God lord. I thought your Patagonia rant was a cry for help. You’ve got issues, bruh. 

• Like 1

As do you.  We all do.  Don't use the size of her district as a point of contention when attempting to prove she is disproportionately attacked by other groups.  She is, we agree on that.  but your rationale was "Why all this attention, her district is a mere 700,000 people?"  When the crux of your argument is based on one of the most idiotic points on the Cloak Room (and that's truly something with people like Brisket and Hugo roaming around)...you can't expect to just drop bullshit like that and get away with it.  She's great for our Congress.  You're a great supporter of hers.  But you're fucking stupid and I don't care for you representing UT in any form or fashion. 

Edited by Lobo

On 8/29/2019 at 5:09 PM, Incredulity said:

Lost Generation

WWI as young adults 

Great Depression as parents

WWII as Grandparents 

say suck my ass.

You mean the generation that was responsible for the creation of the modern welfare state, worker protections, and an international order that brought about Pax Americana and a broad middle class through spread-the-wealth progressive taxation policies due to their previous experiences with unregulated laissez-faire capitalism that resulted in the Great Depression and the rise of fascism? You know, those policies that the modern Republican Party and Trump are actively trying to tear down.

• Like 3

On 8/29/2019 at 6:09 PM, Incredulity said:

Lost Generation

WWI as young adults 

Great Depression as parents

WWII as Grandparents 

say suck my ass.

Nah, I would argue they got square in multiple payback periods, including addressing the causes of the depression and two world wars. They created and experienced a prolonged period of their lives of pretty substantial prosperity as the reward for their efforts.  It's highly unlikely that Millenials ever will from an economic perspective because of the rate climate. The best hope for them is that they give Gen Z save the world for their kids. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

What generation has made more economic sacrifices to stave off national catastrophe than Millenials? 
Yes poor millenials....

And their $1000 iphones and $80 unlimited monthly phone plans

Making millions a year by being YouTube or insta whores, pro video gamers (lol) make high 6 figures playing fucking video games.

Student loans are out of control but much of that lies on the shoulders tenured liberal profs who couldnt make it in the real world or the millenials themselves who decided 8 years of college to get a degree in a field thay may pay 80k a year was a good idea

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit, they are spoiled to the 9th degree and have it better then most generations before them.

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Smax said:

Yes poor millenials....

And their $1000 iphones and $80 unlimited monthly phone plans

Making millions a year by being YouTube or insta whores, pro video gamers (lol) make high 6 figures playing fucking video games.

Student loans are out of control but much of that lies on the shoulders tenured liberal profs who couldnt make it in the real world or the millenials themselves who decided 8 years of college to get a degree in a field thay may pay 80k a year was a good idea

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit, they are spoiled to the 9th degree and have it better then most generations before them.

On what planet is college professor not a real job?

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez