Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

7 minutes ago, Burt said:

Bullshit. Even 5XL hoodie can be had for $44. Most sizes are available for under $40.

https://championstee.com/product/tax-the-rich-sweater-sweatshirt-hoodie-t-shirt-dark-t-shirt-io04201205002ctd/

Maybe its the upcharge for the gender neutral fit. 

TAX THE RICH SWEATSHIRT

SKU: AOC1021-S

$58

https://shop.ocasiocortez.com/products/tax-the-rich-sweatshirt

As complained about on Fox News

Please note this is a Pre-Order

Made in USA

Union printed

Lightweight 100% cotton 

Gender neutral fit

Designed by Jordan Rosenberg

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Maybe its the upcharge for the gender neutral fit. 

TAX THE RICH SWEATSHIRT

SKU: AOC1021-S

$58

https://shop.ocasiocortez.com/products/tax-the-rich-sweatshirt

As complained about on Fox News

Please note this is a Pre-Order

Made in USA

Union printed

4 hours ago, Burt said:

Why would you intentionally buy a shirt for a higher price? 

15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And there you have her entire monetary, and taxation philosophy in one post ^^^^

From the website you all are referencing:

1. Purchases are campaign contributions. Thus, in order to make a 'purchase' you must consent to the contribution rules below.
  2. I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder).
  3. This contribution is made from my own funds, and funds are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
  4. I am making this contribution with my own personal credit card and not with a corporate or business credit card or a card issued to another person.
  5. I am at least eighteen years old.
  6. I am not a federal contractor.

Some of you get stupid when AOC is mentioned.  She has no real power. The Democratic House is tightly run by Pelosi and her lieutenants, and AOC is not one of them.  

I know Fox says AOC is running the nation, but unforntunately that is insanely ignorant and inaccurate. 

Go pick on Steny Hoyer - he has real power and you never bring him up. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And there you have her entire monetary, and taxation philosophy in one post ^^^^

Tried to find where that championstee .com site shirts are made/where they’re sourced from with no luck.  

i take it those complaining will show that the cheaper product is made here in the US.  Because if it’s not, that’s kinda her whole point.

8 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

Tried to find where that championstee .com site shirts are made/where they’re sourced from with no luck.  

i take it those complaining will show that the cheaper product is made here in the US.  Because if it’s not, that’s kinda her whole point.

Made in the USA with labor earning a decent wage. 

They don't care. They have no facts. They don't like her because she is AOC, not because she has any real claim to power in the House as it is currently composed. Vagina envy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, washparkhorn said:

Don't tell me - show me the policy that concerns you and how it supports your argument. 

(player arguing balls and strikes with ump). Still 0-2.

Nah, you show me where she makes statements that we already pay enough taxes.  There are numerous interviews out there with her discussing her favoring higher tax rates. Take your fingers out of your ears, or is it head from ass ?  Either way same result.

6 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Caricatures of AOC are not facts supporting your unfounded argument.

Strike 3. Sending you back down to Toledo. Facts matter. 

Caricatures ?  No interviews with her. Is she a caricature of herself ?  

Toledo ??!!  You can't send me down.. it took me to long to get here... I won't go...

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Some of you get stupid when AOC is mentioned.  She has no real power. The Democratic House is tightly run by Pelosi and her lieutenants, and AOC is not one of them.  

Hey, I like AOC. Just think that selling $60 sweatshirts with "Tax The Rich" on them is funny. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Nah, you show me where she makes statements that we already pay enough taxes.  There are numerous interviews out there with her discussing her favoring higher tax rates. Take your fingers out of your ears, or is it head from ass ?  Either way same result.

Then it shouldn't be that hard to find one and post a link to it.

11 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

She is a higher tax proponent. You deny that ?  

Higher taxes for billionaires?  GOTDAM RIGHT I SUPPORT THAT.

Higher taxes (fuck it, any taxes and lots of closed loopholes and offshore account)?  I'M FOR THAT TOO.

You disagree?  Tell me why, Mr. Billionaire.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Higher tax on high income individuals. Why would you oppose that given the wealth disparity in this country? 

Why would Como oppose it?

Cuomo is fighting a “wealth tax” that’s set to be introduced in the state’s legislature with the backing of progressive Democrats…

[He] has been visiting New Yorkers who fled the state during the peak of the coronavirus pandemic, begging them to return to the state from Connecticut and other second-home locations after admitting the “one percent” pay a shocking 50% of state taxes.

15 minutes ago, Cacti said:

Well, his issue now is that everyone with the means to leave in the middle of a pandemic did so. I doubt that is a permanent change.

As to why he would oppose the tax, I'm sure it is because his bread is buttered by those folks. Higher taxes on high income individuals is still a good idea. And, just fyi, the top 1 percent in New York paying 50% of the taxes is totally justified as they have 50% (or more) of the wealth. That said, increases in local taxes are going to lead to more movement for tax avoidance than uniform national increases. So, there is a bit of a problem there for local and even state governments. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Cacti said:

There's a plethora of differences as to make this comparison a poor one.

1.  Federal vs state.  Much easier for Americans, especially on the EC with pop and regional density, to live in different states and avoid state tax then it is to live in a different country and avoid Federal.

2.  Income vs Wealth or Net Worth.  They're not the same.

3.  Cuomo has tons of issues as more and more companies have learned to be efficient with flexible hours and working from home, more and more city dwellers will find their way to suburbs or non metro areas.  This is going to be an impact from COVID, the dispersement of the white collar workforce in the country.  So yes, he's probably desperate for people (all people) to come back to NYC and spend money, because he's facing a budget shortfall of almost 15 billion.

4.  It's not really a tax increase as much as it's a tax reversion to better and more sound structures of the past.  Cuomo is a typical centric, corporatist Democrat.  He may skew more progressive socially, he's happy to cut taxes in times of growth, particularly on the wealthy.  With cuts to the corporate tax rate and to large ticket item purchases like Yachts and private jets, Cuomo is also looking out for himself, as many of those wealthy fund his campaigns.  He's cut taxes yet won't raise them when shortfalls are at the front door.  He'd rather cut spending...... many on programs who help the poorest of his constituents.

5.  Cuomo's just fucking wrong....

Earlier this month, Cuomo declared that he will block tax increases on billionaires in New York out of a fear that the wealthy will flee the state – a concern he reiterated on Wednesday. It is an argument he has been making for years to justify opposition to tax increases on his state’s financial elite and there is little basis for it.

A Stanford University researchers’ 2016 study of IRS data found that so-called tax flight among the wealthy is negligible.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

There's a plethora of differences as to make this comparison a poor one.

1.  Federal vs state.  Much easier for Americans, especially on the EC with pop and regional density, to live in different states and avoid state tax then it is to live in a different country and avoid Federal.

2.  Income vs Wealth or Net Worth.  They're not the same.

3.  Cuomo has tons of issues as more and more companies have learned to be efficient with flexible hours and working from home, more and more city dwellers will find their way to suburbs or non metro areas.  This is going to be an impact from COVID, the dispersement of the white collar workforce in the country.  So yes, he's probably desperate for people (all people) to come back to NYC and spend money, because he's facing a budget shortfall of almost 15 billion.

4.  It's not really a tax increase as much as it's a tax reversion to better and more sound structures of the past.  Cuomo is a typical centric, corporatist Democrat.  He may skew more progressive socially, he's happy to cut taxes in times of growth, particularly on the wealthy.  With cuts to the corporate tax rate and to large ticket item purchases like Yachts and private jets, Cuomo is also looking out for himself, as many of those wealthy fund his campaigns.  He's cut taxes yet won't raise them when shortfalls are at the front door.  He'd rather cut spending...... many on programs who help the poorest of his constituents.

5.  Cuomo's just fucking wrong....

A few years ago some billionaires started screaming they were going to leave the US because of all the taxes.  Sure, MF, where else are you going to go?  You don't pay enough to make you presence worthwhile and you damn sure don't have any real connections to the community.  

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

That doesn't even make sense.

That is what I thought, too. But I was approaching it from the historical truth: the list pertained to the Jewish people that Oskar Schindler wished to have working in his factory, which essentially 'saved' them from the camps. What I cannot tell from their meme, is do they think the MAGAs are going to the camps and AOC has a list that keeps people from the camps? AOC has a list of people going to the camps? In the end, it was irrelevant, because the meme creator knows people will identify with the little girl who was killed and was a victim of the Holocaust. Ergo: MAGA are victims. That's all that really matters.

But it was an odd for minutes there while I sat there with a wut? bubble over my head.

7 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

New York needs every taxpayer it can get. Of course, he did just say taxes will have to be raised, so it’s going to be interesting. Most New Yorkers would be ok paying taxes if we felt we got anything from them. Rather, the infrastructure is shitty and there is a shitload of waste.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/wall-street-firms-demonized-by-cuomo-de-blasio-ramp-up-nyc-exodus-plans?fbclid=IwAR0aEh9j_MSri4jA-OTVgj_gAaO5XT_dK0UYz2Vg-yy1Q_g8UkyNZAuiOzQ

Yeah, they’ve been talking about this. Again, not a shock. Neither DeBlasio or Cuomo are very good. They both have overseen a lot of shitty things in their tenure.

On 12/15/2020 at 4:11 PM, Don Johnson said:

On 12/15/2020 at 5:14 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Yeah, they’ve been talking about this. Again, not a shock. Neither DeBlasio or Cuomo are very good. They both have overseen a lot of shitty things in their tenure.

The end of NYC is always nigh. But at the end of the day, young finance people don't want to live in suburbia and eat affordable meals at Applebee's surrounded by a bunch of middle class families.  They dont even want to live in more affordable parts of NYC or eat at more affordable restaurants there. 

And people are already tired of only working from home. The fact that all remote work is possible doesn't mean that all remote work is desirable or even reasonably healthy.

The solution to the current tax and infrastructure situation is more simple. Pass the HEROES act to balance the budget. Bring back SALT deductions and cut federal income tax to the bone and increase state and local taxes since they are the only ones willing to fund any infrastructure. Our real problem isn't that we are overtaxed by NY. It's that we get zero return on our extremely high federal tax burden.  Personally, I would rather pay to fund the MTA and NYC DoE than some Kentucky pork project or a foreign war.  And maybe Kentuckians would like to fund their own schools too if FIT is lowered. 

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez