Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

I think Congresswoman Cortez has learned quite a bit in her first two years in Washington. I think she understands now that she can play the long game on what she wants to see happen because the country is shifting its thinking towards the Green New Deal. I would like to see it passed tomorrow, but that isn't going to happen. I think our country is run better when women have prominent roles in government. Congresswomen Tlaib, Pressley and Omar are a group of women I greatly respect because they do not take any mess from any of the men on the right or left for that matter. I also, like many others here, really like the work done by Katie Porter. The rise of Kamala Harris to Vice-President is also pretty freaking cool and she is another one that will not sit back and let a man speak down to her.

I love that our country has produced so many smart and educated women who are now in government like this group. I don't care how any of them look. I just care that they are doing the work of the American people and pushing for better days for all of us. One of the coolest things this year for me personally was briefly meeting Congresswoman Omar at the March on Washington in late August. She could not have been nicer and more pleasant to everyone there. She was standing next to me just listening to the speakers for awhile and taking it all in with the rest of us. I respect politicians like that. There are obviously many more women I am failing to mention here, but it will be a wave of progressive women that advance this country over the next quarter century more than anyone else in government and that's a good place to be at.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

1 -- that's hot.

2 -- every one of those fuckers she's stepping on deserves to be crushed underfoot.  Is that supposed to rouse sympathy or something?  I guess that we should be appalled because usually, they're licking the boots of authority figures?

3--every one of those fuckers would willingly put himself there, if there was even the chance that AOC would show up in that getup and dominate their masochistic asses.  

Edit: except for Pence. 

Edited by Mdhorn

She's smarter than they are. They won't believe it because she's female, young, and ethnic. They likely take off even more points because she's good looking and prone to smile. 

Then she slices their nuts off with ease and precision. It's beautiful to watch.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

She's smarter than they are. They won't believe it because she's female, young, and ethnic. They likely take off even more points because she's good looking and prone to smile. 

Then she slices their nuts off with ease and precision. It's beautiful to watch.

To me that is the best part of any of these interactions. She is exceptionally intelligent and is very quick-witted. Why any of these old men in either party try to trash her and think it will end well for them is beyond me. 

4 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

To me that is the best part of any of these interactions. She is exceptionally intelligent and is very quick-witted. Why any of these old men in either party try to trash her and think it will end well for them is beyond me. 

clearly they're cucks and they like when women dominate them. this is their kink

Exciting, even!
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Most of them are so out of touch, they don't even understand how badly she's owning them. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

and feeds it to them.

HANNIBAL (2001) - Paul Krendler (Ray Liotta) SFX Bleeding Scalp Bust -  Current price: £1900

Edited by Mdhorn

55 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I hope y’all hire him soon so the board isn’t so overloaded!

Lol.  Listen to yourself.  It’s a UT/football board first and foremost.  We’ll all survive not being able to post so smoothly in the god damned politics forum for a couple of days.  

15 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I don't know if this serves as a catch all squad thread or if there's a better thread but I am now an Ilhan stan forever

just for the reference and also this is the best sketch show of all time

Congresswoman Omar is great. I am glad she is in Washington fighting the good fight.

• Hook 'Em 4

These guys are absolutely unable to come to terms with minority women having more power than they do. For those out there who have issues with this being the case you probably are going to find the path forward in America one you will likely not enjoy because there are more of them coming into the halls of power all across our nation. 

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I love AOC and the squad and look forward to seeing more Reps like them in Congress. However, I would like to know who was the genius in the TDP that thought it would be a good idea to have AOC phone bank in TX right before the election?  Was Hillary unavailable that day?

TX is about to have many, many young Latin voters. She plays well to that demographic. Now getting them to register and to the poll is a diff story 

Edited by tx 3 putt

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

TX is about to have many, many young Latin voters. She plays well to that demographic. Now getting to register and to the poll is a diff story 

Those same Latin voters that broke more for Trump this time compared to 2016?  Hopefully they give her a better script next time around. 

On 12/3/2020 at 12:21 AM, Bama Chick said:

She’s so awesome!

I signed up for a shift and so did my daughter. Y’all join us!

https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1334339886321688577?s=21

I'm happy for y'all but I am not going to sign up to tutor and parent someone else's kids.  Maybe big bros and sisters can use help but I didn't have kids for a reason and this is partly it.  Some used to gladly dumped their horrors to torture their teachers so I'm glad they get to deal with their little monsters now.  I get to listen to the wife plead with students from 7 am to 3:30 pm for them to do their work while they ghost their classes, choosing to sign in and leave.  I'll donate time and plasma for cleanup and blood drives though.  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez