Let’s talk about how fucked up Louisiana is

Pancho

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

The SEC SEC SEC Confederate conference is building a 21st century theocracy. Theres no denying it.

And our university and state said “hell yeah” let’s join in...

Fuck Abbott, Eltife, Hartzell, BOR, BMD, ESPN and anyone else who engineered that move.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

https://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/BillInfo.aspx?i=246652

SB371   by Senator Regina Ashford Barrow       

CRIME/PUNISHMENT:  Provides for surgical castration of persons convicted of certain crimes when the victim is under the age of thirteen. (8/1/24) (REF SEE FISC NOTE GF EX) 

Current Status:  Pending in Conference Committee (Senate)  -  Sched. for 5/30/24 

§43.7. Administration of surgical castration for certain sex offenders; failure to comply with court order

A. Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, upon conviction of any sex offense as defined in R.S. 15:541 that is also an aggravated offense as defined in R.S. 15:541, except sexual battery prosecuted under R.S. 14:43.1(C)(2) and second degree sexual battery, occurring on or after August 1, 2024, when the victim is under the age of thirteen at the time of the offense, in addition to any other sentence imposed for the offense, the court may sentence the offender to be surgically castrated, to be administered by the Department of Public Safety and Corrections by a licensed physician.

1 The department shall provide the services necessary to perform the castration.
2 B.(1) An order of the court sentencing a defendant to surgical castration
3 under this Section shall be contingent upon a determination by a court
4 appointed medical expert that the defendant is an appropriate candidate for
5 surgery. Notwithstanding Paragraph (2) of this Subsection, this determination
6 shall be made not later than sixty days from the imposition of sentence.
7 (2) In all cases involving a defendant sentenced to a period of
8 incarceration or confinement in an institution, the procedure shall be
9 performed not later than one week prior to the defendant's release from the
10 institution.
11 (3) If a defendant fails to appear as required by court order for purposes
12 of the procedure, or refuses to allow the procedure, then the defendant shall be
13 charged with a violation of the provisions of this Section. Upon conviction, the
14 offender shall be imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not less than three
15 years nor more than five years without benefit of probation, parole, or
16 suspension of sentence.
17 C. Nothing in this Section shall be construed to require the surgical
18 castration when it is not medically appropriate.

Leonardo Dicaprio Slow Clap GIF

45 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/BillInfo.aspx?i=246652

SB371   by Senator Regina Ashford Barrow       

CRIME/PUNISHMENT:  Provides for surgical castration of persons convicted of certain crimes when the victim is under the age of thirteen. (8/1/24) (REF SEE FISC NOTE GF EX) 

Current Status:  Pending in Conference Committee (Senate)  -  Sched. for 5/30/24 

§43.7. Administration of surgical castration for certain sex offenders; failure to comply with court order

A. Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, upon conviction of any sex offense as defined in R.S. 15:541 that is also an aggravated offense as defined in R.S. 15:541, except sexual battery prosecuted under R.S. 14:43.1(C)(2) and second degree sexual battery, occurring on or after August 1, 2024, when the victim is under the age of thirteen at the time of the offense, in addition to any other sentence imposed for the offense, the court may sentence the offender to be surgically castrated, to be administered by the Department of Public Safety and Corrections by a licensed physician.

1 The department shall provide the services necessary to perform the castration.
2 B.(1) An order of the court sentencing a defendant to surgical castration
3 under this Section shall be contingent upon a determination by a court
4 appointed medical expert that the defendant is an appropriate candidate for
5 surgery. Notwithstanding Paragraph (2) of this Subsection, this determination
6 shall be made not later than sixty days from the imposition of sentence.
7 (2) In all cases involving a defendant sentenced to a period of
8 incarceration or confinement in an institution, the procedure shall be
9 performed not later than one week prior to the defendant's release from the
10 institution.
11 (3) If a defendant fails to appear as required by court order for purposes
12 of the procedure, or refuses to allow the procedure, then the defendant shall be
13 charged with a violation of the provisions of this Section. Upon conviction, the
14 offender shall be imprisoned, with or without hard labor, for not less than three
15 years nor more than five years without benefit of probation, parole, or
16 suspension of sentence.
17 C. Nothing in this Section shall be construed to require the surgical
18 castration when it is not medically appropriate.

Leonardo Dicaprio Slow Clap GIF

Aw, come on Donny, they were threatening castration!  Are we gonna split hairs here?

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Aw, come on Donny, they were threatening castration!  Are we gonna split hairs here?

It depends if they have hairs down there. 

Guarantee that the LA police will see you at 40 feet and as they walk towards you, you're now in violation of the law. It's the citizens responsibility to remain greater than 25 feet away irrespective of the police's behavior.  This all may vary depending on the citizen's race.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Guarantee that the LA police will see you at 40 feet and as they walk towards you, you're now in violation of the law. It's the citizens responsibility to remain greater than 25 feet away irrespective of the police's behavior.  This all may vary depending on the citizen's race.

If you move back rapidly, they will arrest you on suspicion of doing something.  Because you ran.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m sure all the cops have been trained and are experts in what 25 feet away is, and they’ll never use this law to arrest those that are obviously further away when it suits them. 

Probably just out of audio range for a lot of phones, unless the cop is yelling.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you move back rapidly, they will arrest you on suspicion of doing something.  Because you ran.

Running while black is a third-degree felony. Second-degree if with a hoodie.

26 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m sure all the cops have been trained and are experts in what 25 feet away is, and they’ll never use this law to arrest those that are obviously further away when it suits them. 

Maybe that’s the distance the taser will work. If they’re unsure of the distance, fire off the taser and the results inform them of the distance. 

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/29/politics/louisiana-ten-commandments-classrooms/index.html

I was hoping I could start a new thread, but it belongs here and I don't want to offend anyone's beliefs of message board etiquette.

My thread title was going to be "Christian Coonasses Compel Commandments be Communicated in Classrooms"

Hopefully someone keeps a running tab on the legal expenses required to settle this bullshit and sends an invoice in equal amounts to all the fuckwits that signed off on it.

Wait, aren't they on the Napoleonic Civl Code, meaning French?  So shouldn't they be using meters and not feet?  7.62 to be precise.  

I got stuck this afternoon at a stoplight behind a kingpin 53' truck labeled "Fish."  And its transit ID on the cab and trailer were labeled  as "Quebec."  And shortly thereafter, I got a call from one of our truck drivers who had taken a mother and daughter to New Mexico for an emergency D&C because the young lady's health was in serious risk after 10 weeks of pregnancy.  

I don't know anymore.  This is absolute, batshit madness.  You tell yourself to look for signs from the universe one day, the next day it's about swatting away all the signs so you can focus on what's real and immediate.  But then you get just get reminded, "Oh yeah, I'm a human being of a Higher Power.  And am surrounded by 7 billion other abject fucking lunatics."