Scottie Scheffler Detained by Police

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Cops just continue to prove how dumb they are with this stuff. There's no point. Go ahead and push this all the way to trial. See how that works out for ya.

They don't care. I've had to take cases all the way to trial in which the prosecutors KNOW that the cops are lying, and we have all the evidence to prove the lie. Jury returns a NG verdict and everyone moves on. No punishment whatsoever for the lying officers. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Unsure if I’m following correctly- PD has released some video that they felt like releasing, but are holding some back?  

No they said they had it. Then someone probably looked at it and was like oh fuck and now they won't release it until after the case is done. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

No they said they had it. Then someone probably looked at it and was like oh fuck and now they won't release it until after the case is done. 

Pigs gonna pig....They probably legit thought they had a smoking gun until the actual footage was viewed and it shows a big nothing burger. 

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Pigs gonna pig....They probably legit thought they had a smoking gun until the actual footage was viewed and it shows a big nothing burger. 

I hate most of these fucksticks. Yes, there are good cops. But the majority are just like this. I say this on the eve of perhaps the worst LE fuckup of my lifetime in Uvalde.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Has anyone from either side said what speed Scottie was allegedly driving, in this traffic clusterfuck?  

Tour provided vehicle with visible markings designating it as such.

image.thumb.png.000410714835415ad8c27bc383e26f67.png

image.png.a757c9edfd96d8422fea2703b75d7da6.png

image.thumb.png.afc69c12ba2f2e932c19e0cc503d8a4f.png

image.thumb.png.9ee587100bba013e1bbfd726f6b60772.png

image.png.08ce6492125c68f9aded09538a391b98.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White
Added some examples

22 minutes ago, Foosters said:

They don't care. I've had to take cases all the way to trial in which the prosecutors KNOW that the cops are lying, and we have all the evidence to prove the lie. Jury returns a NG verdict and everyone moves on. No punishment whatsoever for the lying officers. 

Hey, we can't have police unions NOT doing their job.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Cops aren’t dropping it because they want him to plead no contest to some bullshit lower charge so that they can save face, and I LOVE the fact that the Scheffler camp is telling them to go pound sand. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Cops aren’t dropping it because they want him to plead no contest to some bullshit lower charge so that they can save face, and I LOVE the fact that the Scheffler camp is telling them to go pound sand. 

Would be hilarious if the cop tripped over his own feet and never touched the vehicle lol

This would be a great case to set some precedents.

1. All on-duty LEO are to be equipped with body-worn cameras (BWCs).

2. BWCs are to be on and recording whenever there is any interaction with the public.

3. If an incident occurs and an officer's BWC is for whatever reason disabled/inactive, then that officer's statements/account will be disregarded. Said officer will also be subject to potential punishment, including but not limited to suspension without pay and/or termination.

BWCs should be a peace officer's best friend. Good cops should want BWCs recording during their interactions with the public because they have nothing to hide and the videos will only exonerate them.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Tour provided vehicle with visible markings designating it as such.

image.thumb.png.000410714835415ad8c27bc383e26f67.png

image.png.a757c9edfd96d8422fea2703b75d7da6.png

image.thumb.png.afc69c12ba2f2e932c19e0cc503d8a4f.png

image.thumb.png.9ee587100bba013e1bbfd726f6b60772.png

image.png.08ce6492125c68f9aded09538a391b98.png

OK next tour event I'm renting the mfg vehicle and working up some "official" stickers...

17 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

2. BWCs are to be on and recording whenever there is any interaction with the public.

3. If an incident occurs and an officer's BWC is for whatever reason disabled/inactive, then that officer's statements/account will be disregarded. Said officer will also be subject to potential punishment, including but not limited to suspension without pay and/or termination.

BWCs should be a peace officer's best friend. Good cops should want BWCs recording during their interactions with the public because they have nothing to hide and the videos will only exonerate them.

Just a note on "how things work."

Any requirement that cops wear BWC would be a creature of statute.  That same statute would provide any remedies as far as exclusion of evidence or penalties for non-compliance.  In Kentucky, it appears that BWC remain optional,, but there are laws concerning the disclosure of recordings.  https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/561/4/united-states-v-trump/

The courts are probably not going to make "judge-made precedents" on this.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I mean, unless something happened previous when the car and cop were behind the buses, this is fucking hilarious.  of course we will never know because detective dipshit didn't have his body worn camera on.

it doesn't appear anything major happened behind the 2 buses because no one in the video is reacting until scottie's car gets close to the entrance.

what an absolute shitshow from the LMPD.

5 hours ago, Stanley said:

Pretty surprising that they are holding a press conference and releasing additional video. Seems like there are two options here:

1) they actually have video that's bad for Scottie and the department is tired of getting dragged through the mud

2) they are complete fucking morons

Or maybe a combination of 1 and 2. Guess we will see. 

Looks like it was #2

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Describe the Scottie sheffler arrest situation using potato analogies:

Spoiler

Certainly! Let’s delve into the Scottie Scheffler arrest situation using a whimsical potato analogy. 🥔🕵️♂️

Title: “The Curious Case of Scottie Spudler”

Once upon a time, in the quaint village of Golftown, there lived a talented young golfer named Scottie Spudler. Scottie was known for his precision swings and his ability to turn golf balls into dimpled masterpieces. But little did the villagers suspect that beneath his golf cap, Scottie harbored a secret—a secret that would soon rock the golfing world.

Act I: The Mysterious Tuber

One sunny morning, as Scottie prepared for the annual Potato Open Championship, he received an unexpected visitor. The visitor was none other than Detective Russet, a seasoned investigator with a penchant for solving tuber-related mysteries. Detective Russet had heard rumors about Scottie’s involvement in a clandestine potato-smuggling ring.

“Scottie,” said Detective Russet, adjusting his monocle, “I’ve got my eye on you. There’s something fishy going on, and it smells more like mashed potatoes than fair play.”

Scottie shifted nervously, his golf club trembling in his hand. “Detective,” he stammered, “I assure you, I’m just here to play golf. Potatoes have nothing to do with it!”

Act II: The Starchy Stakeout

Undeterred, Detective Russet set up a stakeout near the 18th hole. He watched as Scottie swung his club, sending golf balls soaring across the green. But something caught his eye—an oddly shaped potato peeking out from Scottie’s golf bag. It was no ordinary spud; it had the markings of a rare Yukon Gold.

“Scottie,” Detective Russet whispered, “what’s the deal with the contraband tuber?”

Scottie gulped. “It’s not what you think,” he said. “I’m just a potato enthusiast. I collect them for their aesthetic appeal.”

Detective Russet raised an eyebrow. “Aesthetic appeal, eh? Tell that to the Potato Council.”

Act III: The Great Potato Heist

As the championship reached its climax, Scottie’s secret unraveled. Turns out, he wasn’t just collecting potatoes; he was smuggling them across state lines. His golf bag concealed a cache of golden spuds—each one worth a small fortune in the underground potato market.

The Potato Council convened an emergency meeting. “Scottie Spudler,” declared the council president, “you’re under arrest for tuber trafficking!”

And so, Scottie’s golf career came crashing down. He was handcuffed, his golf clubs confiscated, and his dreams of becoming a spud-swinging legend shattered.

Epilogue: The Baked Truth

In court, Scottie pleaded his case. “Your Honor,” he said, “I never meant harm. Potatoes are my passion. I just wanted to share their starchy splendor with the world.”

The judge sighed. “Scottie,” she said, “you’ve peeled back the layers of deception. But remember this: Even in the world of golf, honesty is the best policy.”

And so, Scottie Spudler learned a valuable lesson: Never underestimate the power of a humble potato. Whether on the golf course or in life, transparency matters more than any hole-in-one.

And that, my friend, is the curious tale of Scottie Spudler—a golfer, a smuggler, and a lover of all things tuberous. 🌟🏌️♂️🥔

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He supposedly dragged him 30 feet iirc

Even if you gave the cop a huge benefit of the doubt and say the dragging took place out of camera view, which I do not believe at all, he sure as hell wasn't hurt where he needed to go to the hospital.  He's running around sprinting and in the other video, he's standing there just fine making up his story.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Here is another video

What a joke. I am Jack's complete lack of surprise that the video in no way matches what is in Officer Dipshit's police report.

This should've been thrown out Monday morning.

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

So yes people were correct that the cop was a hot head and overreacted. Lucky for Scottie there's proof. 

He's lucky there's video but also that he's a rich, white guy.

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

IMO, all LE officers in the USA should have fully-functioning body-cameras on at all times while on duty. It would go a long way toward legitimizing police work in this country. Unfortunately, it would probably dissuade so many cops from taking the job in the first place because these guys get into this profession to fuck shit up in a lot of cases.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Even if you gave the cop a huge benefit of the doubt and say the dragging took place out of camera view, which I do not believe at all, he sure as hell wasn't hurt where he needed to go to the hospital.  He's running around sprinting and in the other video, he's standing there just fine making up his story.  

I will say with 99.9% certainty it didn't happen off-camera, for a couple of reasons.   One is that if he just drug a cop with his vehicle for 30 feet, not only would that cop be coming at him with weapon drawn, every cop in that area would be haulin ass over there and drawing a weapon.

Also, see all those people standing around the entrance watching.  Those cops would have made sure they got witness reports from each of them on the dragging to back up the claim.  Not once has it come out that multiple eyewitness reports verify the police claim.   It's horseshit and now everyone knows it.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

IMO, all LE officers in the USA should have fully-functioning body-cameras on at all times while on duty. It would go a long way toward legitimizing police work in this country. Unfortunately, it would probably dissuade so many cops from taking the job in the first place because these guys get into this profession to fuck shit up in a lot of cases.

they should have to wear them off duty so we have proof of the 30% of them that beat their wives. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

I will say with 99.9% certainty it didn't happen off-camera, for a couple of reasons.   One is that if he just drug a cop with his vehicle for 30 feet, not only would that cop be coming at him with weapon drawn, every cop in that area would be haulin ass over there and drawing a weapon.

Also, see all those people standing around the entrance watching.  Those cops would have made sure they got witness reports from each of them on the dragging to back up the claim.  Not once has it come out that multiple eyewitness reports verify the police claim.   It's horseshit and now everyone knows it.

As I've said from the beginning. Fucking lying cops on a power trip, nothing more. Sure, rich white guys get favors, but in this case anyone suggesting it needs a punch in the face. This case is a let's fuck over a rich white guy to show how important we are.

• Hook 'Em 2