Pro Gamer breaks up with hot girlfriend to focus on Call of Duty

Schulz2.0

If he's gay, good for him.

If he's straight, he had her in her prime years.  It's not like it's uphill from there.  Uphill for a guy capable of landing her in the first place = a continuous parade of Instgram models that give him less shit and more freedom than she was giving him 

Things I just learned but don't quite understand.

1. Pro gamers make a lot of money.

2. Pro gamers have hot groupies.

3. Pro gamers get enough tail to kick that chick to the curb.

4. Pro gamers don't necessarily look like dorks.

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Whenever serious money was introduced the rest pretty much just fell in line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F250 said:

If this is part of the reason why terrorists hate our way of life, I can kinda understand their point.

• Like 1

Yeah I don’t totally get the gamer community thing but got a little insight not long ago.

There is a gamer bar in Houston that we went into and they were having some special game watching event. It was interesting. About 40-50 people gathered around drinking beer and watching a live stream of other people playing a game. It was some team based game. Daryl Morey from the Rockets comes in as the special guest near the end and does a Q&A. One thing he noted in his introduction was that the game they just watched had a higher viewership than an NHL regular season game.

Video games are now developing into a world similar to spectator sports and there is and will be a lot more $$$ involved with it. It was pretty interesting to see.

Yeah I don’t totally get the gamer community thing but got a little insight not long ago.

There is a gamer bar in Houston that we went into and they were having some special game watching event. It was interesting. About 40-50 people gathered around drinking beer and watching a live stream of other people playing a game. It was some team based game. Daryl Morey from the Rockets comes in as the special guest near the end and does a Q&A. One thing he noted in his introduction was that the game they just watched had a higher viewership than an NHL regular season game.

Video games are now developing into a world similar to spectator sports and there is and will be a lot more $$$ involved with it. It was pretty interesting to see.
Next month is the Dota 2 International. It's a yearly tournament hosted by Valve, which is the company who made the Half-life games. The prize pool last year was $20 million. The first place team walked away with $9 million split between 5 people. The top Dota players in the world have cleared 7 figures a year for the past 5 years. The advantage that they have over traditional pro sports is the accessibility of the game to the entire world. Everyone can play the game, so that broadens the audience. Additionally, it's all streamed online, so they can avoid having to negotiate with companies like ESPN for broadcasting rights. The overhead is insanely low.

9 hours ago, F250 said:

Given all that, this was a shrewd move on this dude's part. It's like that maneuver where some dudes would say they might be gay, so a bunch of gullible chicks would try to prove that he was not. Now this dude is gonna have even hotter chicks trying to one-up the chick he dumped. 

8 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Given all that, this was a shrewd move on this dude's part. It's like that maneuver where some dudes would say they might be gay, so a bunch of gullible chicks would try to prove that he was not. Now this dude is gonna have even hotter chicks trying to one-up the chick he dumped. 

This.  David Spade type of move.  Break up with the hottest girls that will date you.  Other women will want to be considered in their class and will flock to you.    Playing the long game.

15 hours ago, Ldogg53 said:

The Rockets hate hockey.   Fuck them.

More power to the gamers, but fuck the Rockets and their hockey hate.

Let's re-frame this entire discussion:

"Man breaks up with girlfriend to focus on his career"

Doesn't sounds so crazy does it? I don't know the story, but the fact that he broke up with her to focus on his money-making ventures indicates to me she was likely beginning to interfere with said ventures. He didn't want the pro-gamer gravy train to be derailed so he kicked her out before she could derail it. If he makes serious money it honestly doesn't even matter what he looks like he'll be able to land a hot replacement girl who is set on proving that she's better than this chick and won't disrupt his career.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Who the fuck is paying for someone to play video games? Is it just pay-per-view for geeks who want to watch this guy kill warlocks and stuff?

you should research how much money flows through Twitch. It's pretty mind blowing. There's a reason Amazon bought Twitch for almost a billion dollars.

12 hours ago, Texaskimo said:

Let's re-frame this entire discussion:

"Man breaks up with girlfriend to focus on his career"

Doesn't sounds so crazy does it? I don't know the story, but the fact that he broke up with her to focus on his money-making ventures indicates to me she was likely beginning to interfere with said ventures. He didn't want the pro-gamer gravy train to be derailed so he kicked her out before she could derail it. If he makes serious money it honestly doesn't even matter what he looks like he'll be able to land a hot replacement girl who is set on proving that she's better than this chick and won't disrupt his career.

Yes it's extremely helpful to the discussion if you completely ignore how amazing her looks are. Solid analysis there. Well thought out.

I get that you can get sick of her. I got rid of one who was way over my head too. But there were reasons. If you read the article, she moved back to Mexico. Kind of doomed after that.

10 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

you should research how much money flows through Twitch. It's pretty mind blowing. There's a reason Amazon bought Twitch for almost a billion dollars.

Maybe I won't. Why would anyone pay someone to play a video game? 

49 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Why would anyone pay someone to play golf?

To sell their shit for them, right?

The venue/ medium might be relatively new, but the concepts aren't.

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

You can’t be serious about not understanding this. 

A person does an activity that people watch. Sports, acting, video games, youtube, whatever. Advertisers pay to display ads around said activity. Advertisements generate revenue for advertisers. 

6 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Same reason people spend thousands to watch football, basketball, golf etc. 

It is like you can pay $5 a month to watch Spieth play an entire round of golf, but while he’s playing golf you get to talk to him and interact and ask him questions about his round. 

And then do that every day instead of just Sunday. 

It’s basically the same thing. 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

No word exists at this time to describe the magnificence of her ass.  Therefore I am forced to invent a word right now, on the spot.  And her ass is "Scrumtrulescent"

She is so hot, that were I a gamer, not only would I not give her up to play COD, I would be wiling to make the ultimate sacrifice for her, give up my thumbs. 

Edited by Lhorn