Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

46 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I agree with the Trubune.  If there is credible evidence that Urban reported the 2015 incident to the AD, that should be enough for the couch burners to mitigate against his lies to the media and justify a suspension for a couple meaningless games.

Again the cover up is worse than the crime. I don't think he's fired but holy hell the couch burners aren't going to forget. Also I am sure a few coaches around the country will be happy to remind potential recruits mom (especially) and dad that he basically allowed a known wife beater to stay on his staff and coach his team. Not a good look at all.  

21 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Again the cover up is worse than the crime. I don't think he's fired but holy hell the couch burners aren't going to forget. Also I am sure a few coaches around the country will be happy to remind potential recruits mom (especially) and dad that he basically allowed a known wife beater to stay on his staff and coach his team. Not a good look at all.  

True, but I think Ohio State will view “cover up” more narrowly as applying to Urb’s actions with respect to the university, not whether he may have told some lies to a bunch of filthy journalists.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I agree with the Trubune.  If there is credible evidence that Urban reported the 2015 incident to the AD, that should be enough for the couch burners to mitigate against his lies to the media and justify a suspension for a couple meaningless games.

Yep, the mental hoops they re jumping through is really awful. Same with Paterno. He reported it up the chain, saw that nothing was done, and was fine with keeping a child rapist habitual domestic abuser and apparent alcoholic around the program/on staff.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, JimmyHoffa said:

If Urban does keep his job, I could see his dirty recruiting getting worse. This is a guy who basically coordinated with Zach Smith to do an interview stating he (Urban) should keep his job, and then followed that up with using Snook to report that Herman was the snitch. He’ll be 10 times worse if he stays on. 

Edited by texaslong

Ok, so I’m the AD or the president. I have a paper trail that shows he followed procedure well enough to say he was not lying about reporting the 2015 events up the chain. How on earth do I justify locking him out and forbidding contact with the staff or team while I finish up my investigation? Am I missing something here?

27 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Ok, so I’m the AD or the president. I have a paper trail that shows he followed procedure well enough to say he was not lying about reporting the 2015 events up the chain. How on earth do I justify locking him out and forbidding contact with the staff or team while I finish up my investigation? Am I missing something here?

It's taking them awhile to finish up backdating the paper trail. 

• Like 2

I'm past thinking he will be fired, and am now looking forward to the year long media shit storm and bombardment by #metoo that he and OSU will have to endure.  I'm hoping that letting him stay may be the impetus for someone to uncover ALL of the shit that he has hidden over the years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

tOSU isn't playing anyone threatening in the first couple weeks.  Let the assistants run drills on autopilot and try (and likely fail) to garner some goodwill by letting the independent investigation conclude before you suspend Meyer for the preseason and carry on as if nothing happened.

you're missing the fact that there's no way in hell he's not in contact with his team and staff on an up to the minute basis

I can't help but wonder how Urbs' heart is holding up. I mean, the stress must be incredible. He's not getting fired or even suspended, they'll whip someone else for the publics entertainment and Urbs will retire at the end of the year with the buyout that he's negotiating right now. Due to stress of course.

• Like 1

If he did it all above board then there would be zero reason to lie and obfuscate and downplay 9 times at the presser.    

If if you don’t have said paper trail.  How do you justify keeping him?

28 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Latest is they'll conclude the investigation by Sunday..... But I wouldn't hold them to it.

My money is they suspend him for two games, concluding the investigation by Friday....late afternoon.  Leak it to the media around 4pm.  

It will be old news by Monday when all the talking heads resume their talking.  

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Like 1

You know, the crazy thing is, where was the outrage over keeping the athletic doctor at Ohio State..?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Ojo Rojo, I hear what you're saying, but I've been down the path you're going down and it doesn't end well. 

First, you "incorrectly answer" your wife's questions about whether or not you were out with that whore from the office. 

Then, when she provides evidence confirming your accidental incorrect answer, you point out that it wasn't exactly a lie, because you weren't prepared to answer the question, so it wasn't a fair to expect an honest answer.

Finally, you reassure her that, no matter what may or may not have happened with that whore from the office, you didn't have INTENT for it to happen, so it can't be used against you. 

I also thought that these sound and rational arguments would calm her rage and level heads would prevail.  I guess some angry mobs, and wives, just can't be reasoned with. 

I have to assume from your user name that you fucked her. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Haha 1

Jesus. Ohio State really is a fucking dumpster fire across the board. From their heart-attack faking, murderer-coddling, wife-beater welcoming head football coach, to their diabeetus-inflicted, Midwest trash fan-base, to their sexual assaulting team doctor, to their blind-eye turning Athletic Department. Just a heaping pile of steaming shit from the top down. . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

My money is they suspend him for two games, concluding the investigation by Friday....late afternoon.  Leak it to the media around 4pm.  

It will be old news by Monday when all the talking heads resume their talking.  

I think this is probably correct. Wouldn't surprise me at all if those scumfucks did a 4:45 p.m. Friday news dump and just kept their fingers crossed that a lot of the outrage blows over before Monday or that the media's attention span won't last though the weekend. I'd love to be wrong, but all indications are that they are going to bend over backwards to keep him.

Edited by campcrunk

14 minutes ago, futureman said:

probably been discussed but what can happen if they don’t fire him?  their fan base clearly wants him.  what prevents them from just saying “fuck everyone, we’re keeping him”?  would the ncaa step in?

if not I doubt he’s going anywhere. 

good one!! That's better than your Waddle jokes. 

24 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

I think this is probably correct. Wouldn't surprise me at all if those scumfucks did a 4:45 p.m. Friday news dump and just kept their fingers crossed that a lot of the outrage blows over before Monday or that the media's attention span won't last though the weekend. I'd love to be wrong, but all indications are that they are going to bend over backwards to keep him.

How much outrage is the media really going to muster over this regardless? This isn't a Baylor/psu level of criminality/coverup or whatever you want to call it. Its something that should serve as a 'get your shit together or next time you might really be gone' sort of scandal tbh. I know some people love to see programs burn or at least get knocked down a peg or two and most everyone would love to see it happen with UM but I can't summon that much outrage over this. Its a coach who roughed up his ex wife and which the police looked into like a dozen times from what I see. The supposed crime committed here if you want to call it that was UM simply refusing to fire him based off the pics that leaked. So unless the police were covering for him I think that's where it ends. I think the Maryland scandal already has outdone this from where the media is sitting. Except for that fact that Maryland is Maryland and Ohio St is Ohio St.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Jesus. Ohio State really is a fucking dumpster fire across the board. From their heart-attack faking, murderer-coddling, wife-beater welcoming head football coach, to their diabeetus-inflicted, Midwest trash fan-base, to their sexual assaulting team doctor, to their blind-eye turning Athletic Department. Just a heaping pile of steaming shit from the top down. . 

6-5-12-jerry-sandusky_full_600.jpg?quali

• Like 1

Folks are starting to see the light.

7 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Chicago Tribune doesnt think Urban is gonna get fired.   Maybe a suspension they think

Institutions like tosu, sec and ou are not built for moral accountability. The moral responsibility of having this POS on staff coaching/recruiting & influencing young men are why the HC should be fired. Urbs knowing and reporting it mean nothing to me, nothing happens in that FB program without Urban demanding it. He decided to keep him on staff and have his media friends/PD keep this local/quiet.

I believe the industry nomenclature is “cesspool”.

• Like 4

frankly, I find the angle of saying Urban "passed it on" to be a charade in of itself. why anyone should think that would be enough is beyond me. who in their right mind believes Urban didn't have the biggest say over who was on his staff? if he went to the AD and said he wanted Smith gone, was he going to be stopped from having the result come to pass?

talk about passing the buck.

20 minutes ago, naija said:

frankly, I find the angle of saying Urban "passed it on" to be a charade in of itself. why anyone should think that would be enough is beyond me. who in their right mind believes Urban didn't have the biggest say over who was on his staff? if he went to the AD and said he wanted Smith gone, was he going to be stopped from having the result come to pass?

talk about passing the buck.

6a0120a6dde087970b0162fc2fe559970d-pi

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BERT said:

I don't think Brett McMurphy is gonna let this go quietly. 

He shouldn't, boy ESPN must realize how they screwed the pooch, in firing journalistic integrity to keep random yet high paid "hot take" camera prop talking heads...

2 hours ago, Surlybastard said:

How much outrage is the media really going to muster over this regardless? This isn't a Baylor/psu level of criminality/coverup or whatever you want to call it. Its something that should serve as a 'get your shit together or next time you might really be gone' sort of scandal tbh. I know some people love to see programs burn or at least get knocked down a peg or two and most everyone would love to see it happen with UM but I can't summon that much outrage over this. Its a coach who roughed up his ex wife and which the police looked into like a dozen times from what I see. The supposed crime committed here if you want to call it that was UM simply refusing to fire him based off the pics that leaked. So unless the police were covering for him I think that's where it ends. I think the Maryland scandal already has outdone this from where the media is sitting. Except for that fact that Maryland is Maryland and Ohio St is Ohio St.

It's more than that, it's a shitbag coach who employs shitbag coaches.

Smith--wife abuser, drunk

schiano--allegedly knew about stuff at pedo

wilson-- fired for abusing players

Durkin--about to be fired for player death

tim beckman-- fired for player abuse

anderson-- left Wisconsin because they had "too high an academic standard for athletes; quit mid season at OreSU

Withers--involved with butch davis scandal at UNC

mike Stanford--just a shitty coach and OC who was fired by strong at Louisville and replaced with Watson.  Any coach replaced by Watson deserves to be on this list  

thats almost half Meyers HC tree with some degree of douchiness.   The assistant branches likely include many more gems.  

• Like 2

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games