Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

24 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Kirk Herpiestreet’s hypocrisy knows no bounds.

He consumes whatever falls out of the Pope of Columbus’s colon and seminal vesicles , then blasts it back at Joe Public.

He is accelerating his own supernova, on his way to dwarf stardom....future pitchman for Golden Corral.

jeff foxworthy aint giving up that gig without a fight!

Image result for jeff foxworthy golden corral

14 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Ohio State is so stupid Lulz.  Urban is now the big rock tied to their foot and they just jumped in a lake. 

Ohio State is now TOXIC

I wish that were true, but I think it's more likely that Urban can now tell recruits "yeah, pretty much anything goes here and there are no real consequences, so come on in."

The only thing missing from that report is a quote similar to

”It depends upon what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.”

That’s the tortured nature of their “justifications” or rationalizations for not shit-canning UM. 

Wiped his phone to erase evidence of wrongdoing?

That’s a fireable offense damn near anywhere. 

Except in Jortville, apparently. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skipper said:

The actual "facts" in the report (i.e., wiping his phone) combined with all the other shit easily gave them enough to fire him for cause.   It's unreal they made all of this known and came down with such a slap on the wrist.  Ohio St. is confirming to the rest of the country what any of us that visited that shit hole in 2005 learned then.   Absolute disgrace of a university.

Makes you wonder what they left out of the report...

7 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

When I heard about the suspension, I assumed a half assed investigation was done and they didn't bother to dig up the real dirt. 

It's looking more like they dug up sufficient dirt and just half assed the consequences. 

Oh I think they started half ass digging, when they saw what was turning up they were like "Oh shit, ummmm 3 games suspension and for god's sake, let's stop digging!"

• Like 2

It warms my heart to see some in this thread still thinking this is going to hurt OSU somehow. I honestly didn't think there were still dreamers out there, but bravo. No, Urbs will be the same Urbs, Ohio State will still pull in top 3 recruiting classes every year, and lose no more than one game a year.

Sheeeit, Urbs actually can still negative recruit half the Big 10. At least OSU didn't molester kids or kill players. 

I seriously have a love/hate relationship with college and pro football. I love the game but all the other bullshit is disgusting. How any of them have a job still is beyond me. Will be pulling for anyone playing against  those d-bags, and hope the rain of boos for UM are deafening.

• Like 3

Ohio State is so stupid Lulz.  Urban is now the big rock tied to their foot and they just jumped in a lake. 
 Ohio State is now TOXIC

I think you’re grossly over-estimating the general public. The last thing Ohio State wanted to do was fire Urban. They did everything they could to keep him. Based on McMurphy’s tweets from last night, the evidence was damning that he knew — and did nothing about it. He’s dirty to the core.

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

What’s fucking laughable is the fact he still gets to coach them during the week just not be on the sideline. Like I heard on the radio this morning, the only way he or saban would be fired would be if they killed someone in front of 80,000k people

Not sure that would do it. Winning championships is big medicine. That fan base could give a rats ass if Urb himself raped Smiths wife, just bring home a title and beat UM’s ass.

Regardless how any of us feel about it a winning football program is simply worth to much money to let something as trivial as ethics enter into the conversation. And why not a single person of authority in the state of Ohio has bothered to voice even a snippet of dissent regarding not only Urb, but all the other abuse issues currently surrounding Ohio State.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

He may be even better cocooned in Bama nation, but I wonder if Saban is talking to his wife/mistress tonight about walking away at the end of the season?  Retire at the top before something too big spills out of his closet.

Saban gives 0 fucks.

• Like 1

Not sure that would do it. Winning championships is big medicine. That fan base could give a rats ass if Urb himself raped Smiths wife, just bring home a title and beat UM’s ass.
     Regardless how any of us feel about it a winning football program is simply worth to much money to let something as trivial as ethics enter into the conversation. And why not a single person of authority in the state of Ohio has bothered to voice even a snippet of dissent regarding not only Urb, but all the other abuse issues currently surrounding Ohio State.

Yep, if any politician in Ohio had the balls to voiced their displeasure with this punishment they would be committing political suicide.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Saban gives 0 fucks.

I could be wrong, but I believe Saban has better control of his business. He is still a snake oil guy, just not in the same way as Urb. Saban will cut loose a guy that is cancerous believing he can find someone else just as good. But I could be full of shit too.

Maybe its from watching a year investigation into Russian meddling, but after seeing this investigation into Ohio State, I feel like not enough was done. How do you cap an investigation at two weeks? Do you know you’ll have all information in that time frame or is that when you want to be done so that the school could start preparations for its first game with hopefully their head coach? Shouldn’t this investigation have tentacles? From looking into Russian meddling for so long to branching off into campaign violations, tax fraud or paying strippers; how do they not find any kind of illegal actions done in the 10,000 texts Urban had (which were all that was left after he immediately deleted the texts older than one year, once the McMurphy article came out.)  Not saying hes the only one because every school and coach do it, but if the investigation was done by anyone other than 3 independents and 3 trustees of Ohio State, the results are different.

That being said this could selfishly be the best possible outcome for Texas. The school dropped the ball and parents could actually care about these matters; and instead of hiring another up-and-coming coach to come in with an already loaded roster (Chris Petersen) they’re left with a coach who has tried to diminish the severity of multiple crimes over the years, to win games. A 3 week suspension (actually only not available for the games; so 3 Saturdays) is a joke!

• Fuck You 3