Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

On 6/17/2022 at 6:11 PM, Brisketexan said:

True story: I was once working a case in Kansas. We purposefully drove to Dodge City just so we could turn around and “get the hell outta Dodge.”

I stopped and got a pic of me and the world's largest ball of twine in Cawker City, Kansas, after our last ass beating in Lincoln.

/csb

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, B00M said:

Problem: used engine oil previously poured into earth inevitably went into water supply.

Solution:  

Oh, c’mon. It had the gravel to filter it. What are you complaining about?

• Haha 1

We had an open field behind our house growing up. Did I have a designated oil dumping spot where my dad sent me with the full oil pan when he did our oil changes? You bet your ass I did. Pretty sure he was smoking a cig when he changed the oil, too. Maybe tossed some asbestos fibers around for shits and giggles. Because in the 70s, no shits were given.

• Hook 'Em 2

Alex Honnold is just wired different. His banter with this other guy climbing is as casual as me talking to a buddy if i was buying a six pack at the local convenience store. Not really one holy shit moment, but it just amazes me that people do this shit. supposedly the other dudes first time attempting a climb  like this. the actual climb starts around 9 minutes in. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

he’s free soloing a 200 meter wall. he’s probably climbed a lot. unless you mean it’s his first time attempting to climb without ropes. 

Yeah, free soloing. Dude's youtube channel is full of bouldering, gym climbing, and other shit.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

We had an open field behind our house growing up. Did I have a designated oil dumping spot where my dad sent me with the full oil pan when he did our oil changes? You bet your ass I did. Pretty sure he was smoking a cig when he changed the oil, too. Maybe tossed some asbestos fibers around for shits and giggles. Because in the 70s, no shits were given.

raising hand.gif

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Y'all didn't have any fence posts where the grass around them needed killing?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I worked for my carpenter grandfather the summer of '66. We stripped all of the asbestos siding from an oilfield shack and dumped it into an abandoned trench silo. No shits given.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blotto said:

Alex Honnold is just wired different. His banter with this other guy climbing is as casual as me talking to a buddy if i was buying a six pack at the local convenience store. Not really one holy shit moment, but it just amazes me that people do this shit. supposedly the other dudes first time attempting a climb  like this. the actual climb starts around 9 minutes in. 

2143193160_ScreenShot2022-06-22at9_15_11AM.thumb.png.66967225e45b668e04e596f9dbb8537f.png

mountain-goat-climbing-picture-id6224357

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

We poured ours on our driveway. Dad said it kept down the dust. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

And lubricates Earth's axels. If we stop doing it, the Earth will slow down.

Oil and gas production companies are the ultimate environmentalists. Bear with me here. 

We all know how toxic oil and gas are. Any spill needs to be immediately reported and remediated. It’s poison, and we can’t allow it to contaminate our precious <Mother Earth, if you’re a humanist> <Creation, if you’re a Deist>.  

Well, as we speak, there are billions of barrels of unremediated oil and trillions of cubic meters of natural gas poisoning our planet. Just sitting there in the earth, doing the damage that such things do. 

It’s imperative that we get that stuff out of our precious earth and responsibly dispose of it. Any delay means probable destruction of our environment, rendering the planet uninhabitable. 

Thankfully, there are responsible companies that are doing just this. ExxonMobil, Chevron, BP, Shell, Equinor, Saudi Aramco. The ultimate environmentalists. 

• Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 2:09 PM, nnm said:

This wasn’t some club palooka. This was an undefeated heavyweight champ. 

Ha, we got a keg for this and charged everyone $5.  I got 2 beers so I wouldn't have to get up...at least for a few minutes.  I had about 2 sips and the fight was over.  "Sorry folks, no refunds!"

• Like 2