Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

39 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Dude said at the end that the dog bit him. If anybody gave a damn about helping the homeless guy and made a deal about it with the police, that dog probably gets put down just for what's seen in the video. 

put down that dipshit holding the leash.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 9:11 PM, GoPokes83 said:

I don’t carry a gun in public, but my pocket knife is always sharp and would leave those assholes with a blind dog full of punch marks pretty damn quick. Damn, people are such assholes.

This. As soon as automatic knives became legal, I started carrying one. Though I would feel bad about killing the dog because of the stupidity of the owner. 

And he's an idiot for messing with the homeless. I used to know quite a few homeless guys. The ones I knew were pretty normal, but on the street because they were alcoholics or drugs addicts. But they always told me to be careful around some homeless guys. Many were mentally ill and could turn violent in an instant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Not sure if the car was speeding, but that dad was not even looking at his daughter in the middle of the road.

If you live on a narrow street with cars lining both sides you better watch your kids closer than that.

accident.png

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Kwix said:

Watching it again, no way he was driving very fast.  That car stops in about 1 car length as soon as the girl runs into view.

It looks sped up on film, and I agree. 

Did the kid run out into traffic without looking?  Yes.  Was the Dad/parent not paying enough attention to the kid? Yes.  These two don't change regardless of how fast or slow the driver was going.   Doesn't mean the driver can't be more careful, but the first two are correct regardless of speed.

• Like 1

Agree on it looking sped up.  What are we doing, assigning liability for medical bills or for being able sleep at night?  Because liability is on the parents barring the car wasn't actually moving that quickly, but I also don't want to no fault hit a kid/dog so under those driving conditions you should be crawling through.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Agree on it looking sped up.  What are we doing, assigning liability for medical bills or for being able sleep at night?  Because liability is on the parents barring the car wasn't actually moving that quickly, but I also don't want to no fault hit a kid/dog so under those driving conditions you should be crawling through.  

Driver stopped almost immediately, doesn't seem to be going fast

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Driver stopped almost immediately, doesn't seem to be going fast

Yes agree.  Meant to say barring the driver was actually moving quickly.  Lens appears to have some fish eye to it, not sure if that is what is giving off the illusion of pace, or if it's just sped up, or I don't know my ass from my elbow.

YARN | You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what ...

• Like 1

Witnessed the aftermath of a 3 yo hit and killed by a car moons ago.  The street we lived on was a “drag strip” for a lot of drivers, road kill central for most neighborhood critters.  IIC, driver wasn’t speeding and the toddler ran into the street when she spotted a relative.  I still remember her dad carrying her body, just a horrible scene. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

9 hours ago, Underdog said:

Witnessed the aftermath of a 3 yo hit and killed by a car moons ago.  The street we lived on was a “drag strip” for a lot of drivers, road kill central for most neighborhood critters.  IIC, driver wasn’t speeding and the toddler ran into the street when she spotted a relative.  I still remember her dad carrying her body, just a horrible scene. 

Did you live in Ludlow?

All joking aside, kids, even the older ones so incredibly stupid things.

I was at a friend’s house hanging out with other dads. One dad told his kids, about 8 and 10 to go out to his car across the street to get something.

Damn kids nearly ran into the street right as a SUV came down the hill. The only reason they stopped was because all of the dads saw the car and yelled at them. 

16 hours ago, Kwix said:

Watching it again, no way he was driving very fast.  That car stops in about 1 car length as soon as the girl runs into view.

He might not have been going very fast, but if the speed limit is 30mph there, I'd be going between 15 and 20mph just in case a kid ran out from between cars. 

9 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Austrailia is freaking sparse.  No wonder Mr. Inbetween could kill and bury anyone he wanted.

Oz is roughly the same size as the continental US, populated by 4 million fewer people than live in Texas. 98% of that place is Wyoming.

• Like 2