Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

Old man is fast no doubt, but damn he uses the exact same move every time. You'd think the young guy would learn by the fourth try or so. 
Which is probably why he was there. He had something printed on his shirt and didn't do anything besides show how to evade and counter. Young guy kept losing with his right foot and diving at the right leg. I'm sure the results would have been the same if the he reversed it and dove at the left leg. Old guy was probably teaching them why that's not good strategy and maybe how to counter someone who tries it. Also teaches the young guys not to take an opponent lightly just because they're older and smaller.

5 hours ago, Modessit said:
9 hours ago, Kwix said:
Old man is fast no doubt, but damn he uses the exact same move every time. You'd think the young guy would learn by the fourth try or so. 

Which is probably why he was there. He had something printed on his shirt and didn't do anything besides show how to evade and counter. Young guy kept losing with his right foot and diving at the right leg. I'm sure the results would have been the same if the he reversed it and dove at the left leg. Old guy was probably teaching them why that's not good strategy and maybe how to counter someone who tries it. Also teaches the young guys not to take an opponent lightly just because they're older and smaller.

I imagine that if the young guy went for the other leg, the old man would probably have a counter to it also. 

Just now, davidg said:

I imagine that if the young guy went for the other leg, the old man would probably have a counter to it also. 

i agree.  he seems to be a master class dude teaching those young dudes a thing or two.  he probably didn't get to that point with only having one move.

his last move of evading and then some ninja shit and then pins the dude shows he really really knows what the fuck he's doing

Just now, crash_davis said:

his last move of evading and then some ninja shit and then pins the dude shows he really really knows what the fuck he's doing

Still trying to decide but it looks like the old man went for the gooch on that last move.  I would tap out too when that happens to me.

Damn near identical thing happened to me and the wife in Costa Rica. Riding in a van just like the one in the video, on a road just like that when the 7.6m earthquake in 2012 hit. A huge rockslide came down a few feet behind us. Giant boulders and dirt came down the mountain side and completely buried the road. Probably a 15' pile of rocks. If we had just been 5 seconds slower leaving the hotel...we would've been dead. 20 seconds slower, and we would've been trapped in Punta Islita for days. I would've been perfectly OK with one of those two possibilities.