Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

As long as he sets up the next coach like he did Ryan Day at OSU. Urban is being brought in to set up his hand picked successor. I don't think he will coach more than 5 -7 seasons before turning it over.

Well he left three schools and only one is at the same level or near right after he left. the other two went south in different ways (utah more just kinda bounces up and down for a bit) so the odds of that are not exactly a good.

Edited by txbroadcaster

5 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Mister_X said:

I will give you this that Herman underestimated the culture of defeat he was buying into. People like yourself are completely kneejerk and the lack of any worthwhile ideas make you want to see the coach fired.

They could fire Herman tomorrow and the same posters would be on here a year or two from now wanting the next coach fired. Until the culture is eradicated there will continue to be problems. Do you honestly think the problem is these coaches that have a history of success until they come to UT are the problem?

Are you still here?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Yes, because Kyle Whittingham has been an absolute disaster.

I changed it to say Utah has bounced up and down but he still has had multiple losing seasons and right after Urban left he won the year after with his talent and then dropped to 7-5 years which is the exact thing UT fans would be livid about.  Whittingham is fine there because Utah fans will not lose their shit too much after back to back 5-7 seasons

10 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Drew Lock was critical of Herman in a posted news article here, and many ridiculed Lock. Being a classless prick only works if you’re better than a .600 coach. 

Drew Lock was a mouthy then whiny little punk. Herman shouldn't have done it. Both things are true. 

• Like 1

Just now, txbroadcaster said:

I changed it to say Utah has bounced up and down but he still has had multiple losing seasons and right after Urban left he won the year after with his talent and then dropped to 7-5 years which is the exact thing UT fans would be livid about.  Whittingham is fine there because Utah fans will not lose their shit too much after back to back 5-7 seasons

You are a fucking moron. Done engaging you.

$30M for Herman buyout
$50M guaranteed to Meyer for 5 years
$10M in bonus options for Meyer

Who knows the big money guys? Let's get the phones humming.

Someone please explain the $30mn buyout for Tom Herman! His buyout is $5mn per season and he has 3 years left after this season. That is $15mn. Assistant coaches have 2-3 year contracts and therefore 1-2 years left and the average pay is like $350k (coordinators are $1mn). That is at most $5mn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Fuck the buyout.  I know a guy who can throw a platoon of dead hookers over his fence and all his buddies fences.  Problem solved.  Even went to SMU.

Can his son come too?  Need someone to clean my storage shed.  Lock him in there until he’s done. 

Edited by Liquor and Poker
Why

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Okay, Mrs. Meyer. 

I’m house shopping right now for us.

Seriously.   Meyer was one of the few from a college outside the usual suspects to recruit well in Texas when he was at tOSU.   For an outsider with no ties to the state, that says something.   Imagine what he could do being based in this state.  And plus their wouldn’t be a recruiting drop off which occurs during a transition because the newbie is trying to assemble a staff. The name brings instant creditably. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Such a pussy

No I have just read all the Briles jokes and how Baylor sold their soul and Meyer has left two places in turmoil and Florida not far off from what Briles did at Baylor. I am just pointing out that UT would basically be doing what Baylor did and selling the soul. Me personally I am fine with it but I mean we got people crying about players not staying for Eyes after the game today, I can only imagine the uproar if Meyers starts doing his same shit. 

2 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Mister_X said:

Just having some fun at you guys expense. Sit back and enjoy what is beginning to look like a sub .500 season. If you get a chance tune into some ATM Football and watch a real team in a real conference play ball.

OBTW I love the negs. It's your only response to the truth you don't want to hear.

Rent Free

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just having some fun at you guys expense. Sit back and enjoy what is beginning to look like a sub .500 season. If you get a chance tune into some ATM Football and watch a real team in a real conference play ball.
OBTW I love the negs. It's your only response to the truth you don't want to hear.

This is the big reveal? Boring.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Mister_X said:

Ruff tuff real stuff just like your mama KKL's sordid pussy.  

1 minute ago, The_Amazing_Mister_X said:

Who is ATM?

most people I know who follow the agricultural & mechanical college of Texas simply say, “anm.” 
Y’all have one win every five years like today; it never changes anything. You are little brother,  just wanting attention. Nothing imaginative in your post. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mossyhorn said:

Who is ATM?

most people I know who follow the agricultural & mechanical college of Texas simply say, “anm.” 
Y’all have one win every five years like today; it never changes anything. You are little brother,  just wanting attention. Nothing imaginative in your post. 

AssToMouth college near Bryan and Snook.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Mister_X said:

Daniel Figurelli is a racist intern at PricewaterhouseCoopers who likes to harass teenagers

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Mister_X said:

the coaster is clicking...

5 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Fla was the big one and while the OSU one was small he still left when things started getting spicy and many around OSU said if he would have stayed more would have come out. 

Oh shit, some “people around OSU said”???!!! Fuck man, it sounds like you’re in the know, that’s good enough for me...

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas