Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

To try and pry this topic away from Taylor 247...

I was all in on this season, thinking it was there for the taking.  Then we shit the bed against Tech, but win.  Lose to a 3-3 TCU team and play like absolute shit against a very beatable OU team.  Now we have crept back in to the top 25 (up one whole place to 21 this week!!!) and somehow I am supposed to be happy about our shot at a Big 12 title (HAHAHAHA).  I'm not at all.

This fucking sucks worse than just losing out, because I can't stand to watch this shit product.  @closetojumping was right.  Only Herman could manage to make this season this fucking miserable.  I mean I would love to win the Big 12, but I am not jumping back on the bandwagon only to have Tom DUI flip the thing into the fucking ditch again.

I have no idea what is going to happen, but I am almost to the point with Texas Football that I have been for the last 2 years with Texas Basketball.  I just flat out don't care.  I mean I care enough to make this post, but not enough to be involved in any meaningful way.

I need Taylor to hold me close to those big fake tittys and tell me Tom is going away...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2020 at 4:58 PM, closetohumping said:

I think we're gonna beat the shit out of KU unfortunately.

Maybe, only because of the hot seat.  Mensa is a just enough to get by type, he’s certainly not an in the office at 6 out at 10 kind like Saban.  He puts in time for the showcase games but he’s more about enjoying his new found money than actually working.  

Proof is in the results and bullshit like “imposing our will” which is just code for Im too fucking lazy to go watch film on our opponents.

Based on his own statements I’m pretty sure Urban watched more Ok Lite film than Mensa leading up to that game.  Some people are always working, some only when they have to.   Mensa is in that second camp.  

• Hook 'Em 5

20 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Mensa is a just enough to get by type, he’s certainly not an in the office at 6 out at 10 kind like Saban.  He puts in time for the showcase games but he’s more about enjoying his new found money than actually working.  Proof is in the results and bullshit like “imposing our will” which is just code for Im too fucking lazy to go watch film on our opponents.  Based on his own statements I’m pretty sure Urban watched more Ok Lite film than Mensa leading up to that game.  Some people are always working, some only when they have to.   Mensa is in that second camp.  

Mensa watched a lot of film... just not Okie Lite

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I spoke to a buddy this week and the bottom line is that, yeah, it's not just randomly quiet. Anyone running their mouth and getting any kind of real word out would be a monumental fuck up. Herman will lose another game because he's incompetent. When he does, he's either fired or it was all bullshit. CDC remains basically off the grid, which is another sign of coordination. USC beating the one team on their schedule that could legitimately have beaten them also helps the entire dynamic. 

I Hope Please GIF

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I'm penning in KU as a win.  Herm won't lose.  I also think we match up pretty well with KSU and Herm is undefeated against them (or am I wrong)?  Iowa St seems to have some talent, so there's the shot right there.

I will actually be surprised if Texas goes to Manhattan and wins. I expect Texas to get outcoached in that game in a big way, and that will include where each team's emotional levels are. Herman is a dipshit on the road and we'll be big bad Texas to KSU, so they'll be up. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

We're winners either way.  Either Herm is gone or we win the big 12.

Nah, if Herman was fired after TCU (unlikely) or OU (likely), we could be rooting for the team to win instead of just waiting around apathetically until a loss comes our way.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I will actually be surprised if Texas goes to Manhattan and wins. I expect Texas to get outcoached in that game in a big way, and that will include where each team's emotional levels are. Herman is a dipshit on the road and we'll be big bad Texas to KSU, so they'll be up. 

I see this turning out like Mack's last year in 2013.  Remember how that went?  We got embarrassed at BYU, and headed into the OU game after barely beating Iowa State, with everyone thinking we'd get our typical Sooner assblasting and then Mack would be gone after the season.

Well, that fucker herp-derped his way to a beatdown of OU, and won 5 of 6 heading into the Baylor game for a shot at the Big XII South title.  "Fuck," we said to ourselves, "that rat bastard is going to hold onto his job, isn't he?"  Baylor ending up blowing us out in the second half and winning 30-10, and Mack was history (trigger alert - not after fucking up the Saban hire if you believe the internets).

I think CTJ is probably going to be right.  KSU will be the loss CDC needs to finalize the end of Herman's tenure.

• Hook 'Em 1

I spoke to a buddy this week and the bottom line is that, yeah, it's not just randomly quiet. Anyone running their mouth and getting any kind of real word out would be a monumental fuck up. Herman will lose another game because he's incompetent. When he does, he's either fired or it was all bullshit. CDC remains basically off the grid, which is another sign of coordination. USC beating the one team on their schedule that could legitimately have beaten them also helps the entire dynamic. 

The USC reference aligns exactly with what I’m hearing too. I’m getting gruntled again.
  • Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

But Texas is an entirely different animal with the powerful SEC programs looking to pillage from the Longhorns on an annual basis. Alongside Florida, it's the most contested recruiting ground in the country. Ohio State has managed to land several of the Lone Star State's best prospects of late, and that trend is showing no signs of stopping under Ryan Day. 

Special thanks to Charlie Strong and Tom Herman

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 5

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas