Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

10 minutes ago, Zavala said:

So if you want this guy fired, and you think he is a dickhead ect...

Are you rooting for Texas over USC or is it like hedging your bets where if Texas loses you will be happy because it's another reason to fire Herman immediately?

So.  Fucking.  Dumb.   Edit, or are you saying that seems to be the mindset of some people.   Then yeah.... get your point.

Edited by Skipper

Are you rooting for Texas over USC or is it like hedging your bets where if Texas loses you will be happy because it's another reason to fire Herman immediately?

I don’t really care about the outcome of any particular game per se. I want to see improvement across the board from game to game, season to season, in play calling, scheme, personnel decisions, staff upgrade, etc. basically, do we look like we are on the trajectory of a team that will compete for the conference year in and out? I see none of that. Winning or losing to USC doesn’t really make a shit.
  • Like 1

Just now, MrBig said:

We're rooting for Texas, but we might want it so bad that we're gonna squeeze Tom Herman to death. 

I dig it. 

The best part is all the people on here freaking out that Herman is a "dickhead" and condescending. 

Was Nick Satan like that before he made Bama a powerhouse?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Fuck a honeymoon period.  He should be asked tough questions on the record no matter what.  Sure it takes time to install a new system and recruit players for that system, but play calling, personnel decisions, and anything else important can and should be asked about regardless of circumstances.  Also, let's not pretend the press conference on Monday was any different from a difficult questions asked perspective than the entirety of the last year's press conferences. 

20 minutes ago, Zavala said:

lmao

Also, for the people who have "given up" on Texas football and refuse to watch or follow the team, are you going to start watching when they start winning? 

Won't the winning be THAT MUCH BETTER after actually suffering with the rest of the true fans through the shit?

Just sayin, about 15% of this board seems like they have gone insane or they are just not very smart. 

We’ve been suffering with shitty football for nearly a decade now. Spare me the argument that enjoying the coming wins will feel so much better. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I dig it. 

The best part is all the people on here freaking out that Herman is a "dickhead" and condescending. 

Was Nick Satan like that before he made Bama a powerhouse?

Well, there was the whole won an MNC at LSU to hang his being a "dickhead" hat on before he got to Bama. Herman's being a dickhead and condescending is a huge part of why he's getting zero slack on here. Herman's being this way when his biggest head coaching claim to fame was beating OU and Louisville. Spare me the won an MNC with Urban. So did Strong and that turned out shitty too. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Is it possible the team just sucks this bad and it’s not mostly coaching? Sam cant throw and no vision. Colin can’t block. O lone can’t block.  We just suck as players first and for most. Coaches aren’t helping with play calling and personnel decisions but which one is the biggest problem. Shitty players with only one year of toms players or shitty coaches and decent players?

Excellent post: "first and for most" def needs to be added to the Surly Lexicon, if it isn't already there.

9 minutes ago, Xian said:

Queer?  What are you, 10? 

Oops, I should've went with rape apologist. The dude defended Briles and Meyer, so he's whatever anyone wants to call him.

Another "journalist" and "football expert" that lets his opinion get in the way of his "reporting".

49 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I don't want Herman to fail. I don't ever root for Texas to lose. I want them to win out every game from here. 

This is just the realization that is not likely to happen and this is me expressing my frustration at that reality. 

52 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Ah, let's guilt the fanbase into sticking with a shitty coach. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zavala said:

That is your answer? 

You are rooting for Texas, but simultaneously rooting against TH correct? 

There were BMDs secretly rooting for CS to lose because they believed his ceiling was 8 or 9 wins. Now, on what basis does any believe that is not also Herman's ceiling? Point to some of his accomplishments that would lead you to believe that, please. 

I don’t want him fired as that would mean Texas has sucked. 

If he keeps the shitty offensive think tank he’s assembled (minus Hand as his group actually showed improvement) and keeps his utter indifference to the fan base/shows zero self awareness however he will be fired. 

Edited by BrazilHorn

Article original title:

Texas football: Karma is punching Longhorns coach Tom Herman

I guess he changed it to go with the tommy boy shtick, and took out the Karma thing

What Karma is he talking about? 

Another "journalist" that jumps for joy when Texas loses.

• Fuck You 1

58 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Well, he's wrong.  Porter shouldn't be on the field unless we're running the clock out. 

I saw it coming in the game thread. Ingram was doing well and all of a sudden Porter, who shouldn't even fucking dress, is having his number called. It should be a situation where if you see that guy in a game, multiple people have been hurt.

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

There were BMDs secretly rooting for CS to lose because they believed his ceiling was 8 or 9 wins. Now, on what basis does any believe that is not also Herman's ceiling? Point to some of his accomplishments that would lead you to believe that, please. 

Are any of those BMDs named Lennie? Could they maybe start squeezing RabbitTom... just a little?

53 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Just sayin, about 15% of this board seems like they have gone insane or they are just not very smart. 

34 minutes ago, Zavala said:

lol this queer is getting roasted in the comments 

“The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.”

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

What really sucks is that this team LOOKS good. They are well conditioned. They have the right attitude. They don't ever quit, even down 3 scores. It is a well coached group from that perspective.

It's just basic fucking personnel decisions that cost them. And it isn't fair to the players. I don't wanna have to rip Kyle Porter but i have to because these jackasses keep trotting him out there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

It was a poorly written article with too much butt hurt and financial envy to convince me of anything. Really a terrible job of journalism. There are far more convincing posts on this thread than that article. 

Wow.  We're so surly around here that we even think the criticism is terrible.

• Fuck You 4

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Ah, let's guilt the fanbase into sticking with a shitty coach. 

No, I was genuinely asking a question. Thing is, you aren't going to answer.

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Fuck those people.

As far as Herman's ceiling, again, I think he's going to do great at Texas.

Accomplishments:

As OC, he had a badass offense at Texas State - led the league and was putting up a fuck-ton of points.

Did the same thing at Rice, they balled out on offense when he was OC.

Then did the same thing at Iowa State, setting a bunch of school records for the players who played under him as OC.

Then went to Ohio State, and won a Natty as OC.

Then became HC at Houston, and the team went 13-1, they beat a Lamar Jackson led Louisville and a Florida State in the bowl game with Dalvin Cook.

Now, at Texas, I'm hoping he can keep Todd Orlando and focus on installing a functional offense. He made a great hire in Herb Hand, hopefully that is long-term as well. They were also ranked 20, 12, 11, 31 in recruiting leading up to 2017, and ranked 4 in 2018. We will see if the recruits pan out, but right now both starting safeties are true freshman. 

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Fuck those people.

Accomplishments:

As OC, he had a badass offense at Texas State - led the league and was putting up a fuck-ton of points.

Then did the same thing at Iowa State, setting a bunch of school records for the players who played under him as OC.

Then became HC at Houston, and the team went 13-1, they beat a Lamar Jackson led Louisville and a Florida State in the bowl game with Dalvin Cook.

Now, at Texas, I'm hoping he can keep Todd Orlando and focus on installing a functional offense. He made a great hire in Herb Hand, hopefully that is long-term as well. They were also ranked 20, 12, 11, 31 in recruiting leading up to 2017, and ranked 4 in 2018. We will see if the recruits pan out, but right now both starting safeties are true freshman. 

So much bullshit, so little time to refute right now. 

24 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I'd probably cum in my pants if we ever won 8 games again

14 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

What really sucks is that this team LOOKS good. They are well conditioned. They have the right attitude. They don't ever quit, even down 3 scores. It is a well coached group from that perspective.

It's just basic fucking personnel decisions that cost them. And it isn't fair to the players. I don't wanna have to rip Kyle Porter but i have to because these jackasses keep trotting him out there. 

I don't know that they looked "good."   I agree that there were glimpses of improvement.  But here is what stood out to me as far as the game as a whole.

Look back at all the scoring.  We had to be damn near perfect to score.  Perfect pass or unbelievable catch.  We didn't stroll into the endzone.  It seemed like the whole game was a struggle for us.  Maryland made it look easy.  They were fluid and took advantage of our mistakes.  We fought for every down.  We gave them a lot of yardage and easy scores.   At least that is how it felt watching it live.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I’m still going to watch all the games. I hope all this looks like a wild overreaction in a few weeks. 

I am too but what pisses me off is that we won't know shit, or we will believe we are shitty, for at least the next 11 days.  We waited 9 months for this shit?  Tulsa isn't going to convince me of anything.

Hell, even if we beat USC (which I highly doubt) I am not sure how I will feel.  That is how devastating this loss is in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

I am too but what pisses me off is that we won't know shit, or we will believe we are shitty, for at least the next 11 days.  We waited 9 months for this shit?  Tulsa isn't going to convince me of anything.

Hell, even if we beat USC (which I highly doubt) I am not sure how I will feel.  That is how devastating this loss is in my opinion.

Longhorn fandom and most on this board will be humming with the nostalgia of 2006 Rose Bowl if we beat USC and believe the conference is ours for the taking. Then the team won't show up for the TCU game which smells like an 11 am kick and get our shit shoved in and back to square one. 

56 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Oops, I should've went with rape apologist. The dude defended Briles and Meyer, so he's whatever anyone wants to call him.

Another "journalist" and "football expert" that lets his opinion get in the way of his "reporting".

I don't know that much about Engel so I'd like to see his columns defending those two snakes.  Post them, am interested in reading. 

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I just can't get past him saying he wanted players with the most experience in the game late when it was close. I want him putting the best players out there whenever possible, not the most experienced.  Experience helps one get better.  But it is clear Ingram + 1/2 a game is better than Porter +  25 1/2 games.

Some players start at a much higher floor.

Well that and our teams have several years of coming up small in situations where the game has been on the line the past few years. I am not sure if that is the experience you want out there.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Fuck those people.

Accomplishments:

So let's flip the script, at what point will you call out Herman? What does he have to fail to do before you will want him gone?

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac featured this topic
  • immamac unfeatured this topic