Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Actually now thinking of it, @closetojumping is right..  Money won't be the sole reason Meyer returns.. I bet he has an axe to grind with tosu still.. What place better than UT?  A team that has been inconsistently bad for the past decade, compared to a school (ou) that has been winning the Big 12 with multiple Heismen winners/runner ups.

At UT he will be going head to head in recruiting for the Jackson's, JSN's and Wlison's in the state.  If tosu falls short in their run at a CFP title, bet he would relish winning one at Texas before Day does.

This may be wishcasting and all but, I'm sold.

Norman is too rural for Urban.

Urban will take the Texas job for less than what TH makes just to spite him. He knows he will make ten times that in endorsements after he brings in 5 National Championships to Texas.
My bevo senses are tingling. I think something is happening in the football cosmos. If we all think it, If we all say it out loud, speak it to one another it shall be so. We just need to put it out there in the universe.
Urban Meyer to Texas!

17 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Kyle doesn't strike me as a guy who'd go CFB over NFL. Dude's been around the league his whole life. 

But am curious if any of the BMDs would push hard for it, and if he'd at least listen for two seconds. That's my main interest, because I seriously doubt he'd jump, and honestly not sure how well he'd do. 

He and the GM are under contract until 2025 I believe. Would take another 2 or 3 bad years for him to leave or get fired. 

If he gets run off would he come be Urbans OC in 3-4 years and learn the ins and outs of a successful college program? Then he could take over after Urban retires. 

10 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Urban ain’t going to no Damn Ou

Why wouldn't he?  Pretty much same setup as Texas but shittier location but with an administration that's committed to winning.  I'd argue that if his sole motivation is to get that title at a third school, Oklahoma is a better fit.

We better hope Mrs. Meyer really hates the thought of living in OKC.

4 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Actually now thinking of it, @closetojumping is right..  Money won't be the sole reason Meyer returns.. I bet he has an axe to grind with tosu still.. What place better than UT?  A team that has been inconsistently bad for the past decade, compared to a school (ou) that has been winning the Big 12 with multiple Heismen winners/runner ups.

At UT he will be going head to head in recruiting for the Jackson's, JSN's and Wlison's in the state.  If tosu falls short in their run at a CFP title, bet he would relish winning one at Texas before Day does.

1. Money

2. Legacy

3. Pissing off tosu

4. Outshining Herman with his recruits and players

32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas offers a (still) cleaner recruiting landscape, all of the resources and coverage, and the easiest path of any school to the CFP. This is what's being sold and valued. The guy supposedly got burnt out on all of the cheating, on top of everything else, he was having to deal with at OSU. 

This is some great spin, right here. "You see, Urban didn't WANT to cheat. He was FORCED to cheat by his bosses! He's a regular choir boy!"

I have no doubt that's how it's being positioned, sold, and valued. I just think it's funny considering the fanbase's collective previous position about bringing him.

I can't wait to watch us trip on our own dicks again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Don't we play tosu in the near future as well? 

40 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Is there another Chris Klieman out there? His K State team has beaten OU, Tech and TCU so far this year after he won something like four straight Division II Championships. 

Craig Bohl is the guy who built that program.  Klieman didn't fuck it up to his credit.

Bohl played for Osborne at Nebraska and is now at Wyoming and has done okay there.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Don't we play tosu in the near future as well? 

Yes.  2025 and 2026.  Not to mention Alabama in 2022 and 2023.  And Michigan in 2024 and 2026. Then H&H with Georgia and Florida that takes us through the decade.

The schedule is set for a rise back to the top.  Just a question of whether UT has the stones to do what is necessary to get there.

Edited by Herpa Derpa

31 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

URBAN vs GO BLUE ??

"TEXAS will make a trip to Ann Arbor on Aug. 31, 2024 and Michigan will go to Austin on Sept. 4, 2027."

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

A post like this indicates that you don't really even understand the concept of "leverage", much less a "negotiation". Leverage has a finite ceiling, in any situation short of life or death and even then there are often options away from the lead play.

Guy walks in, sits down, and props his fucking boots up on the table and declares it's going to be $15million or no deal, they'll show him the door before he finishes his first sentence. Might as well ask for Mars and $3billion. If two sides do not have a basic meeting of the minds of the range of choices in a discussion, there is no leverage and no deal to be had. It's a ridiculous academic position you're taking, in a vacuum. 

Urban isn't going to Texas. Never say never but I'd put that at a very low probability. If he does, you'll pay out your ass. I understand leverage perfectly and you ain't got none.

48 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Norman is too rural for Urban.

Urban will take the Texas job for less than what TH makes just to spite him. He knows he will make ten times that in endorsements after he brings in 5 National Championships to Texas.
My bevo senses are tingling. I think something is happening in the football cosmos. If we all think it, If we all say it out loud, speak it to one another it shall be so. We just need to put it out there in the universe.
Urban Meyer to Texas!

He'd take the USC job for less than the Texas job. 

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What motivates Urban Meyer is an interesting topic. Money always matters, but that's allegedly not his primary driver. Achievement and prestige play roles. The ability to redeem his status as on par with Saban and one of the greatest coaches of all-time is apparently important and there is one clear, inarguable way to create that outcome - win a national title at a 3rd school, which is a feat never before accomplished. If he can do so scandal-free and without having to constantly cheat, even better.

Those are the things more than money that have him interested in both Texas and USC, which are the only legitimate blue bloods expected to be in play any time soon. Getting to also troll Herman as a cherry on top is not something anyone has mentioned as being relevant, but I like to think that if he took the UT job, he'd be doing that regularly. 

Texas offers a (still) cleaner recruiting landscape, all of the resources and coverage, and the easiest path of any school to the CFP. This is what's being sold and valued. The guy supposedly got burnt out on all of the cheating, on top of everything else, he was having to deal with at OSU. 

Also this....image.png.8c72c2ea2bdf95a244cca424e2188fe7.png

Urban was the second team to offer Quinn Ewers (North Texas in 2016 lol) and he visited while Urban was still there. I know its a long way till signing day but you have to think him seeing a QB like that already in the fold would really be appealing as well. Throw in familiarity of the the staff...its like Herman has been setting Urban up to succeed here without him even realizing it

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

I wish Bohls and Herman were in a small airplane that crashed in the Andes mountains and they had to fucking eat one another......

I’d be scared shitless if Stoops was on that flight. 

On second thought, i would wish that on Mensa, Kurt, and their pilot, FCB. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Urban isn't going to Texas. Never say never but I'd put that at a very low probability. If he does, you'll pay out your ass. I understand leverage perfectly and you ain't got none.

People stating definitives like this when they clearly don’t actually know anything is always great.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

I heard that when he got off the plane in L.A. he said "Thank God I never have to live in Ohio again."
I heard Urban was actually the one who leaked the Zach Smith stuff to the press so that he would be forced out at Ohio State because, having worked with Herman, he knew Herman would fail and the Texas job would be open in a few years.

Everything he's done since then is just positioning himself to be ready to take his dream job in Austin when it came available. 3d chess, and whatnot.

All of this comes from very reliable sources, and you can trust me because lying isn't allowed on sports forums.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

And according to Vegas, the path may be getting much easier with them having Lincoln Riley as a favorite to be the next Atlanta Falcon HC.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in betting odds. Bookmakers set the odds based off making money, not correctly predicting the outcome.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He'd take the USC job for less than the Texas job. 

Why? Money wont be the #1 factor but why take less money and pay a higher tax rate? 

Also if he wants to clean his image USC may not be the best place to go. Since the Reggie Bush scandal they have had the Sarkisian debacle and the admissions scandal inside the athletic department. This is probably why USC did not higher him last year. 

3 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in betting odds. Bookmakers set the odds based off making money, not correctly predicting the outcome.

So Alabama and Clemson aren’t the real favorites to win the nation championship and it’s just a ruse???   Yea they put the worst odds for the most likely result so they don’t lose a lot of money, in that thinking you are right I guess....

Why? Money wont be the #1 factor but why take less money and pay a higher tax rate? 
Also if he wants to clean his image USC may not be the best place to go. Since the Reggie Bush scandal they have had the Sarkisian debacle and the admissions scandal inside the athletic department. This is probably why USC did not higher him last year. 
Because of their significantly more stable and healthy bmd + ad + fan + school administration situation...
tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Since when have taxes played a role in whether or not someone wants to coach here?  Herman almost had Harrell as OC this last offseason and we were all saying how Austin is a lot better than USC because of no state tax.

6 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

So Alabama and Clemson aren’t the real favorites to win the nation championship and it’s just a ruse???   Yea they put the worst odds for the most likely result so they don’t lose a lot of money, in that thinking you are right I guess....

I feel like people that think the stock market or Vegas aren't priced in are people that have not had significant experience with losing money to them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas