Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

58 minutes ago, Nivek said:

The backpack thing is silly.  

As is pushing in the "all in" poker chips.  Next he'll "bury" mistakes a la Al Conover at Rice in 1973-74, who literally had players write their fuckups on pieces of paper and put them in a real casket, which was really buried.  He didn't want them wallowing in negativity over losses and past ineptitude.

Haven’t seen it discussed, but in the 1st Quarter Mitchell got dinged up and they stopped play for like 5 minutes.   Then they restarted play but had to stop it again to tell him he had to sit a snap.  So we have an actual LB coach who is responsible for 2 fucking guys and he does what exactly?   Doesn’t know the rules or can’t keep tabs on 50% of his position group?   

And Mensa needed to focus more on the big picture and do more HC things.  This entire fucking staff sucks balls.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

The backpack thing is silly.  I was there and didn't give a shit, and the Mizzou alum I was with didn't either.  That is fodder for internet trolls and leading up to that game they dug up some comment made by Dodds (which was funny because he was 2 ADs ago) for motivation.   The Mizzou alum agreed with the quote.  

After Brazil Horn's post about seeking a tough-guy first who relaxes as a better strategy, I think our next HC should be an Italian convict.  Maybe one of those Playing for Pizza type coaches.

I’m not saying seek tough guy first. I’m saying that if you’ve been soft all of the time that suddenly trying to be hard doesn’t work. 

IMO set high standards and bench/fire people (players and coaches alike) that don’t live up to them. (A la Saban ) vs Herman’s approach to personnel and staff mgmt.

Having high standards doesn’t mean you are doing stupid shit like having different dinners for players or “punishing” players for penalties. Herman doesn’t get it  

• Like 2

2018 - Trey Stratford from Allen 3 star 10th ranked center in the country  - Chose Stanford over us 

2018 Tyrese Williams out of Cy Ridge 13 ranked center in the country - chose okie lite no offer - he will be their starter next season

2018 John Lanz out of Denton guyer 14 ranked center in the country - chose tcu no offer

2019 Branson Brag from Crandal TX - 4 star 4th ranked center in the country - chose Stanford over us among other schools - projected to start as a redshirt freshmen at guard for Stanford 

2019 - Beaux Limmer - Tyler lee 10th ranked center in country - chose Arkansas with no offer from us - stating at guard for Arkansas as a rs freshmen

2019 - Layden Robinson - Manvel - 5th ranked center in the country - committed to aggy with no offer from us 

2019 - Preston Wilson - argyle 13 ranked center - Oklahoma state with no offer from us - back up role behind upperclassman 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tjhooker said:

Except Volleyball. They seem worth their weight. 

4 hours ago, maninblack said:

And swimming

Surly gonna be surly. Y'all are so spoiled sometimes. I mean yeah the major 2 sports kind of suck dick at UT right now but beyond that Texas is still pretty damn elite athletically. Tennis won recently, golf almost did, w volleyball hasn't in, what, 7 years? but is trending in that direction again. W's basketball is about to fuck.

The bad baseball teams at Texas are still good compared to most schools. Track and women's soccer are good too, right? 

25 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Fucking internet.

I heard something but not going to say, but I sure as fuck am going to tell everyone I heard something!

You're missing the point.  If something does happen, I get to say I told you so, if something doesn't happen I get to say I told you so.  #winning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Surly gonna be surly. Y'all are so spoiled sometimes. I mean yeah the major 2 sports kind of suck dick at UT right now but beyond that Texas is still pretty damn elite athletically. Tennis won recently, golf almost did, w volleyball hasn't in, what, 7 years? but is trending in that direction again. W's basketball is about to fuck.

The bad baseball teams at Texas are still good compared to most schools. Track and women's soccer are good too, right? 

Golf still rollin’?

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

IDK if he's been right about anything.  He used to post at OB and was always either throwing shit against the wall or passing the 9,95 fats information as his own

I'd like to think he's CTJ's less-informed alter ego, like when Gerald in South Park gets online at the end of the day with his glass of wine to troll people.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

IDK if he's been right about anything.  He used to post at OB and was always either throwing shit against the wall or passing the 9,95 fats information as his own

Nah man, he's been nails in recruiting,  he was in the GC, til he got kicked out.. plus his cousin is on the team.. a 5 star cousin.  I don't doubt Carl

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Not the organization's fault that Texas HS football hasn't turned up one Longhorn worthy center in 4 years.

I know, right? It's weird how a gigantic state as football as a religion can't seem to produce a single good center. I feel for our coaches. Must be hard, you know, like winning?

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas