Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

Hundley’s release indicates that rookie Sam Ehlinger is the new No. 2 quarterback in Indianapolis behind Carson Wentz. Ehlinger, who was the team’s sixth-round pick this year, began the year on injured reserve but was activated last month.

Hook’m Sam.  They obviously see the potential in you.   We know.

Saw Sam make what I think was his first ever NFL play?
They called for him to do a quarterback sneak for the touchdown but he got tackled a yard or two short.
I didn't realize it was him until I saw the hugest smile ever on the Colts QB walking off the field.  
Musta been his smile!

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Saw Sam make what I think was his first ever NFL play?
They called for him to do a quarterback sneak for the touchdown but he got tackled a yard or two short.
I didn't realize it was him until I saw the hugest smile ever on the Colts QB walking off the field.  
Musta been his smile!

i didn't notice it was him either at first. that's dope that they used him in a potential TD scenario. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Let's go! 

Good Luck Sam !!!I

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz was placed on Reserve/COVID-19 list Tuesday ahead of the team’s Sunday matchup with the Raiders in Indianapolis.  Wentz is unvaccinated and thus, subject to 10 days of isolation, meaning rookie backup quarterback Sam Ehlinger would start one of the most pivotal games of the season.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

Fuck entire Starting OL also out. Sam still wins the game though. 

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/28/indianapolis-colts-covid-19-offensive-line-update-nfl-week-17/

Maybe the NFL will step in: 

"The COVID-19 issues may be resolved if the NFL adopts new protocols that force quarantine to be five days instead of 10. That could be huge if these players are asympotmatic."

23 minutes ago, immamac said:

You are fucking retarded if you believe that. This is the NFL not some bullshit college trash team. 

Totally unnecessary. You should put yourself in timeout for shit-posting.  
Taylor has averaged 30 carries/game in the last 3 weeks. Do you really think they are going have a different game plan with Sam at QB?

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Reich and Ballard knew that Wentz being out due to Covid was a concern since pre-season and yet despite Sam’s knee sprain in preseason they made him the official #2. They have had all season to make moves if they were truly concerned Wentz being could happen. (And let’s face it with his i jury history alone it was an issue.)

Technically, Colts only need to beat the Jags in the last game for them to be playoff bound but if Sam was truly a concern they haven’t acted as such. Go Sam! It doesn’t mean they still couldn’t make a move before the weekend but I feel like they have a tremendous amount of belief in Sam. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 5

50 minutes ago, immamac said:

You are fucking retarded if you believe that. This is the NFL not some bullshit college trash team. 

Tell me you haven't watched any Colts games recently, without telling me you haven't watched many Colts games recently.  They handed the ball off to JT something like 6 straight plays a couple of weeks ago.  Unless the Raiders are able to stop the Colts rushing attack through selling out and because of the replacement OL, it will be heavy doses of JT and Hines.

• Hook 'Em 1

Coaching staff on Sam recently:

"We go through the plan, (Ehlinger) goes through it and, like, okay, what are your top calls that you feel comfortable with? Doesn't have to be all of them," offensive coordinator Marcus Brady said. "And so we have that separate call sheet for him ready to go. He goes through all the reads just like Carson does. He may not get the live rep but he'll get it on the side. So he's ready to go."

"Sam plays really smart," Reich said. "He's got really good instincts. He's mentally very quick on his feet, accelerates his vision as we say, good at progressions, has a knack, he certainly is athletic and can make plays with his feet."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Totally unnecessary. You should put yourself in timeout for shit-posting.  
Taylor has averaged 30 carries/game in the last 3 weeks. Do you really think they are going have a different game plan with Sam at QB?

C'mon man, no NFL team would go almost an entire game without throwing the ball.

jones.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Weird, over the last 5 games (seems like that qualifies as "recent") Carson Wentz has thrown an average of 22 passes per game, and that's with the Patriots game where he only threw 12 passes bringing the average down. 

JT is averaging 28 touches per game out of the backfield. Buncha clowns up in here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The pundits going nuts on radio and tv today about this. So after the mid-season Hard Knocks aired and the Colts went on their winning streak after starting 1-4, all the pundits are like “What a well coached well run organization! Just amazing!” Now with Wentz out (something everyone knew  would happen) and Sam likely in, “What a bunch of crackheads! Call Rivers! Omg! Post season is on the line. Wtf?” 

the doubters…

• Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

Weird, over the last 5 games (seems like that qualifies as "recent") Carson Wentz has thrown an average of 22 passes per game, and that's with the Patriots game where he only threw 12 passes bringing the average down. 

JT is averaging 28 touches per game out of the backfield. Buncha clowns up in here. 

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

You're pretty much supporting the fact that Sam won't get many throws.  An average of 22 passes is barely anything.  TB averaged 42 passes in the last 5.  Dak averaged 40.  Allen averaged 39.  Herbert and Carr averaged 37.  The Colts are dead last in the NFL in pass attempts in the last 3 games.  Meanwhile, guess who is the top team in rush attempts in the last 3 games?  I'll give you a hint...it rhymes with the Molts.  I'd love for Sam to throw 25 passes for 300 yards, but Reich isn't going to put the game on his arm.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1