Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m not sure Jimmy G is better than Wentz. That’s interesting. 
which one is more injury prone/likely to give Sam the opportunity to play some. I think that is Wentz. I don’t like this trade for Sam in that sense. 

Twice in recent history Jimmy G has had injuries that cut his season substantially short.

Injury History

Date League Injury Details
Sep 18, 2016 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Garoppolo returned to the #2 role behind Tom Brady in Week 5.
Sep 23, 2018 NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Garoppolo tore his left ACL late in Week 3 and missed the rest of the season. He had surgery Oct. 3.
Sep 20, 2020 NFL Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3 Garoppolo picked up a high right ankle sprain during the Week 2 win against the Jets. He missed two games
Nov 1, 2020 NFL Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3 Garoppolo suffered an ankle injury during Week 8's contest at Seattle. He missed the rest of the season.
Oct 3, 2021 NFL Leg Calf Strain Garoppolo sustained a calf injury during Week 4's contest against the Seahawks. He missed one game.
Dec 23, 2021 NFL Hand Thumb Fracture Garoppolo sustained a fracture in his right thumb during Week 16's loss at Tennessee.
Dec 23, 2021 NFL Hand Thumb Torn Ligament Garoppolo sustained a UCL tear in his right thumb during Week 16's loss at Tennessee. He played the 49ers' final four games (including the playoffs) with a torn thumb ligament
Jan 16, 2022 NFL Shoulder Garoppolo suffered a shoulder sprain in the wild-card win over the Cowboys
  • Hook 'Em 1

Wentz was a cancer. Jimmy G is 37-16 as a starter. It should come as a surprise to no one that Indy won't hand over the reins to a 6th round QB with zero regular season experience and some injury history. Hopefully Sam learns how to be a good backup from JG and will get his shot before long.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m not sure Jimmy G is better than Wentz. That’s interesting. 
which one is more injury prone/likely to give Sam the opportunity to play some. I think that is Wentz. I don’t like this trade for Sam in that sense. 

Jimmy G is a tier above Wentz, both of whom are injury prone. Not sure Wentz is a viable starter

9 hours ago, Eggo said:

Yeah let's keep pretending New England planned that. 

Belichick saw Brady, the greatest QB of all time, every day in practice. Did he go with Tom? Nope, he gave a 10 year contract to Bledsoe. Belichick fell assbackwards into "greatness." 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Nope said:

Rivers…Wentz…Ryan…

Talk about an organization that doesn’t prioritize the QB position

The last time they "prioritized" the QB position, the QB retired early.

Matt Ryan is MUCH better than those guys at the time they landed in Indy.  Rivers was done.  Wentz can't stay healthy.

In the Colts offense, Matt Ryan might look like an MVP again.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Snacks said:

The last time they "prioritized" the QB position, the QB retired early.

Matt Ryan is MUCH better than those guys at the time they landed in Indy.  Rivers was done.  Wentz can't stay healthy.

In the Colts offense, Matt Ryan might look like an MVP again.

True…but I do not share your optimism on Ryan

14 minutes ago, Nope said:

While Ryan probably has a couple more years left in him, he is 36. I could see a team like Indy, with no proven QB, pick up Ryan for the two years left on his contract and see if Sam continues to develop to their liking. 

And this tweet seems far more confident on the trade being finalized

Not quite the haul that Houston got for Watson. 

Edited by Blotto

50 minutes ago, Nope said:

Look at what he had to work with on offense last year... 

bottom 3 rushing offense... no WRs after Calvin Ridley got injured...   basically, it was "throw it Kyle Pitts and hope for a 1st down."

Better OL, RB, WR... and good enough TE will make Matt Ryan much better even if he plays "average".

5 minutes ago, Snacks said:

bottom 3 rushing offense... no WRs after Calvin Ridley got injured...   basically, it was "throw it Kyle Pitts and hope for a 1st down."

Better OL, RB, WR... and good enough TE will make Matt Ryan much better even if he plays "average".

Having Jonathan Taylor and that OL certainly does not suck

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

While Ryan probably has a couple more years left in him, he is 36. I could see a team like Indy, with no proven QB, pick up Ryan for the two years left on his contract and see if Sam continues to develop to their liking. 

And this tweet seems far more confident on the trade being finalized

Not quite the haul that Houston got for Watson. 

That is a fucking STEAL for the Colts. They significantly upgraded QB. They have to be a favorite along with Chiefs, Bengals and Bills. 

I wouldn't think this is a huge problem for Ehlinger. Ryan is what, 35, 36? He's not got more than a couple or three years, likely. I'd not mind carrying the clipboard another couple of years, for a salary with two commas. Seems like all good unless a super-rookie QB appears.

Edited by Tex Long

3 hours ago, Snacks said:

Better OL and RB is not doing Indy justice. Ryan would make that team a Top 4 AFC team and if their D and running game click again, they’re co-favorites in my mind with Buffalo to win the AFC. 

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Better OL and RB is not doing Indy justice. Ryan would make that team a Top 4 AFC team and if their D and running game click again, they’re co-favorites in my mind with Buffalo to win the AFC. 

I’d still put the Bengals, Bills and Chiefs ahead of them and maybe the Raiders and Chargers with what they’ve added. 

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I would never draft a QB that gives a virgin nerd answer like that. I want a guy that says fuck the coverage I’m going deep. Every time. 

Yeah but you’re a known idiot. 

• 4 weeks later...