Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

On 8/21/2021 at 9:29 PM, SarkAfterDark said:

I get the reasoning for rooting for Sam here, but long term wise, just not sure if its best for his NFL career to be thrown to the wolves this early. 

Maybe. Sam is probably at best a reliable back-up in the NFL. 

Being thrown to the wolves doesn't hurt that at all, imo. 

On 8/21/2021 at 9:32 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

I’ll bet you are a lot of fun at a party!

lmao. yeah, because you and the other 99% of this thread who insist that Sam is actually God himself and has never done anything wrong sound awesome at parties. as soon as a song comes on that you don't like 15 of you beat the shit out of the DJ. just wild, unabated, head-in-the-sand mob mentality; sounds like a real blast. 

this thread is, without a doubt, the most embarrassing, aggy-esque thread in the history of this site. it truly is. the blind homerism, the mob mentality, the never ending echo chamber where only one specific type of post is allowed; it's shameful. people are literally getting negged and cussed out en masse for suggesting that Sam Ehlinger may not be NFL QB material, and according to this thread, everything that goes wrong for Sam is anyone's fault but his. absolutely embarrassing. aggy as hell. aggy aggy aggy all day long. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

lmao. yeah, because you and the other 99% of this thread who insist that Sam is actually God himself and has never done anything wrong sound awesome at parties. as soon as a song comes on that you don't like 15 of you beat the shit out of the DJ. just wild, unabated, head-in-the-sand mob mentality; sounds like a real blast. 

Holding Back Jim Carrey GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
live view of ole Derka reading the Sam thread because he loves opinions so much 

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Holding Back Jim Carrey GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
live view of ole Derka reading the Sam thread because he loves opinions so much 

the only people here who are spazzing out/near seizure are the Sam stans whenever anyone dares to suggest that maybe he isn't going to become one of the 15 best QBs in the entire world. you guys can continue ie to delude yourselves, but it's 100% facts. the hypersensitivity to anything that's even remotely critical of Sam is pathetic.

this thread is, without a doubt, the most embarrassing, aggy-esque thread in the history of this site. it truly is. the blind homerism, the mob mentality, the never ending echo chamber where only one specific type of post is allowed; it's shameful. people are literally getting negged and cussed out en masse for suggesting that Sam Ehlinger may not be NFL QB material, and according to this thread, everything that goes wrong for Sam is anyone's fault but his. absolutely embarrassing. aggy as hell. aggy aggy aggy all day long. 

This thread has more criticism of Sam Ehlinger than any place in the world.

I only wish that this could be real life and have Sam’s mother dressed in black walk slowly up to you and other Sam critics and spit in your face like the Kintner mother in Jaws.
  • Hook 'Em 5

the only people here who are spazzing out/near seizure are the Sam stans whenever anyone dares to suggest that maybe he isn't going to become one of the 15 best QBs in the entire world. you guys can continue ie to delude yourselves, but it's 100% facts. the hypersensitivity to anything that's even remotely critical of Sam is pathetic.

You should be a GM. You know way more than Chris Ballard.
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

I may have missed one, but the only negs on this thread in recent days* came from a guy with 34 posts (so not a regular) and... let’s see... Shadow_Operative. I think most people believe Ehlinger didn’t do himself any favors this weekend, and there were posts that suggested he would likely be better off sitting and learning before getting thrown into the fire. Is Nicole a Sam Fangirl? Unabashedly. Do most of us want to see the kid do well? Of course. 

*Tuesday, a poster received some negs as part of a fatwa instigated by Sydney, and had nothing to do with Ehlinger criticism.

• Hook 'Em 3

It’s wild that Derka called us all aggy Sam homers while also ratcheting up the argument in his head with every post. For the most part we all just want Sam to have a long career as a back up and get to make some noise here and there because he’s such a easy kid to root for. Derka turned all that into now this thread thinks Sam is going to be a top 15 qb in the world lmao. Where the fuck did that come from 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

After reading the back and forth over the last few pages, for some reason, I remembered that there was a post on the old site that predicted Sam would never start for UT and probably was going to transfer out. Out of curiosity, I decided to wade through the shit and go find that post. Imagine my utter shock and surprise to find that that poster was none other than: derka derka.

You have been predicting him to fail since he was a junior in high school. Like, seriously, do you have some personal vendetta against him that makes it impossible for you to see any possibility of success? And every time he has some sort of success, you predict him to fail at the next level up and get pissy that no one agrees with you.

"He's never gonna start and is going to transfer" - Starts his freshman year. So you move on to "he's never gonna lead us to any championships"

"He's not an NFL caliber prospect" - gets drafted. "Well, he's never gonna start" - currently in a QB battle to potentially start week 1 behind injured starter. "Well, he's never gonna be a top 12 entrenched starting QB"

Sam Ehlinger could hypothetically win the fucking super bowl and you'd probably come out next with some shit like, "Well, he's not a hall of famer" or "Worst QB to ever win the super bowl and all of you are just too blind from Westlake/UT homerism to see it!" 

There is no hypersensitivity to Sam criticism. There's plenty of legitimate criticisms to his game discussed on this thread. Lack of arm strength. Slow to make reads. Inaccurate deep ball. All legitimate, all calmly discussed. And, ironically enough, buried somewhere in your histrionic characterization of other posters' responses to you, those legitimate criticisms are there in your posts as well. But it's not the hypersensitivity to the criticisms that is being displayed on this thread. It's the hypersensitivity to your mind boggling lack of self awareness. That lack of self awareness is the whole reason the concept of a thread being Derka'd even exists in the first place.

Also, since you seem to be a fan of the "I never said that" defense and the "Show me one post where I said that!", there is not a single person on this thread that has predicted Sam would become "one of the 15 best QBs in the entire world" and certainly no one has taken offense to the opinion that he wouldn't as you seem to insinuate in your post above. If there has, please show me the post where someone took offense to that opinion. In fact, you seem to take offense when anyone suggests that Sam is talented enough to be "NFL caliber" or you know, one of the top 100 (give or take) QBs in the world. So really, who is the one spazzing out here?

I learned nowthis liked pegging and shadow operative is derka. Been a big week!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He’s also in denial about Rick Barnes

Damn, Nicole woke up this morning and chose violence!! That's a can of worms I certainly was not going to touch lol

Reich only won a super bowl with Nick Foles.

But Reich probably has a westlake bias

I mean, Nick Foles, now Sam Ehlinger.... Maybe Reich does have a Westlake bias 😂

Edited by TheBryMan81
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Damn, Nicole woke up this morning and chose violence!! That's a can of worms I certainly was not going to touch lol

I mean, Nick Foles, now Sam Ehlinger.... Maybe Reich does have a Westlake bias 😂

I think he does. He is biased. They also have a TE on the team from Westlake also. Hmmmm…And for that Reich deserves to be beaten with a rubber hose. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

sabrina-spellman-youre-bitter.gif

I’m cool now. Lol. Made an ill advised trip to the CR this weekend too. They always leave you with such nice parting gifts. 😂 granted I broke the rules but still. 

Herman didn’t do Sam or Shane any favors but despite that they both have a shot to be on an NFL team. That is pretty incredible. They both had near identical stats in college which is crazy. I am glad KC and the Colts were the ones to take chances on them. Great orgs. So glad they didn’t wind up on teams that don’t know how to develop QBs or that are poorly run. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

After reading the back and forth over the last few pages, for some reason, I remembered that there was a post on the old site that predicted Sam would never start for UT and probably was going to transfer out. Out of curiosity, I decided to wade through the shit and go find that post. Imagine my utter shock and surprise to find that that poster was none other than: derka derka.

You have been predicting him to fail since he was a junior in high school. Like, seriously, do you have some personal vendetta against him that makes it impossible for you to see any possibility of success? And every time he has some sort of success, you predict him to fail at the next level up and get pissy that no one agrees with you.

"He's never gonna start and is going to transfer" - Starts his freshman year. So you move on to "he's never gonna lead us to any championships"

"He's not an NFL caliber prospect" - gets drafted. "Well, he's never gonna start" - currently in a QB battle to potentially start week 1 behind injured starter. "Well, he's never gonna be a top 12 entrenched starting QB"

Sam Ehlinger could hypothetically win the fucking super bowl and you'd probably come out next with some shit like, "Well, he's not a hall of famer" or "Worst QB to ever win the super bowl and all of you are just too blind from Westlake/UT homerism to see it!" 

There is no hypersensitivity to Sam criticism. There's plenty of legitimate criticisms to his game discussed on this thread. Lack of arm strength. Slow to make reads. Inaccurate deep ball. All legitimate, all calmly discussed. And, ironically enough, buried somewhere in your histrionic characterization of other posters' responses to you, those legitimate criticisms are there in your posts as well. But it's not the hypersensitivity to the criticisms that is being displayed on this thread. It's the hypersensitivity to your mind boggling lack of self awareness. That lack of self awareness is the whole reason the concept of a thread being Derka'd even exists in the first place.

Also, since you seem to be a fan of the "I never said that" defense and the "Show me one post where I said that!", there is not a single person on this thread that has predicted Sam would become "one of the 15 best QBs in the entire world" and certainly no one has taken offense to the opinion that he wouldn't as you seem to insinuate in your post above. If there has, please show me the post where someone took offense to that opinion. In fact, you seem to take offense when anyone suggests that Sam is talented enough to be "NFL caliber" or you know, one of the top 100 (give or take) QBs in the world. So really, who is the one spazzing out here?

Derka'd

fify

That was very well said, but he's been doing this on every thread for well over a decade (as you are probably aware, natch). I don't Shag/Surl as much as most, but his handle is irrelevant as you can always spot a Derka argument. God love him. We do need constants in life.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Interesting read…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2690473-cfb-future-100-top-10-quarterbacks-in-class-of-2017.amp.html

Top 10 QBs of 2017…Sam was considered one of them. I wonder what happened to some of them.

All are either in the NFL or still playing in NCAA.

Mills, Tua, Mond, Sam, Fromm are in the league.

Sears is competing for the job at Boise State. Brennan starting for LSU, McCaffrey starting for his dad at some shit school after multiple transfers, Tate is at UNLV, and Hunter Johnson is starting for Northwestern.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Interesting read…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2690473-cfb-future-100-top-10-quarterbacks-in-class-of-2017.amp.html

Top 10 QBs of 2017…Sam was considered one of them. I wonder what happened to some of them.

10. Jake Fromm- 5th rd pick to the Bills. Fighting for a roster spot.

9. Jack Sears - Grad transfer from USC to Boise St. this year. He had 1 career start at USC

8. Sam Ehlinger - 6th Rd pick by the Colts.

7. Myles Brennan - Still at LSU. Injured after 3 starts in 2020, and re-injured (broken arm) in a fishing accident this summer.

6. Dylan McCaffrey - Never could get playing time at Michigan. Transferred to Northern Colorado to play with his dad. 

5. Kellen Mond - Aggy. 3rd Rd pick by the Vikings

4. Tua Tagovailoa - #5 overall draft pick by the Dolphins. National Champion & Heisman runner-up at Bama.

3. Davis Mills - 3rd Round pick by Texans after limited experience at Stanford.

2. Tate Martell - AssMyDude. Transferred from Ohio St. to Miami to UNLV. 

1. Hunter Johnson - Behind Trevor Lawrence at Clemson. Transferred to Northwestern. Had shitty 2019, and never saw the field in 2020. Named starter for 2021.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Nicole is the best poster in this thread. she is able to vociferously support and root for Sam without snapping at anyone who has a differing opinion. she's the model poster here.

Thanks but I think the CR would give me a most awful poster of the year award. Lol. 

And I know I am a Sam homer. What’s weird is for most of the first two years of his college career I wasn’t a much of a fan. More frustrated by his play and I wasn’t happy when Shane was replaced by Sam. And no one was happy with the “we’re…back” thing. But that all changed when I saw how much heart he had. I wasn’t as young as he was when I lost my dad but I can certainly relate. I can’t imagine also losing my brother while competing to do a job I love. I hope that he can make the team and that Reich and company will continue to develop him. I wish him nothing but the best. I’m also super excited to see a Longhorn competing for a QB2 job. Colt solidified his role as a backup and I will always wonder what his career would have been like if he hadn’t gone to the Browns…like I will always wonder what might have happened with VY had the Packers had had the draft capital to get him since McCarthy was a huge fan. All things considered Sam got the better landing spot. And it’s clear he’s working his ass off. I don’t think most people thought he’d be making the competition with Eason a legit one. Shane has a legit shot to learn under Mahommes. I was happy that both Sam and Shane landed where they did. Both of those teams know how to get the best out of their QBs and backup QBs. I was disappointed in Sam’s play this weekend. He’s had 3 INTs and tipped or glancing off WRs notwithstanding. Nothing is more important to Reich than consistency and ball protection. So his performance didn’t help him this weekend. At least Eason had a rough time of it. Hopefully, they can coach some of that out of Ehlinger while still teaching him to rely on his better instincts. He’s got the leadership and heart and hard work thing down. He can’t change his height but they can work with him on other things. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

and FTR, i have never rooted for Sam to fail. never. i just have never been as impressed with him as the majority of people here/in this town.

when Sam was a senior in HS, i felt that Shane had a lock on the starting QB job and that Sam wasn't going to enjoy riding the pine for three years waiting to play. hence my prediction he would transfer elsewhere.

then, when Sam was at his best, i repeatedly admitted that i was wrong about him, up and down this thread. i said that i was totally wrong. Sam had shown that winning gene that helped him overcome whatever limitations he may have- including those ugly, untimely turnovers which marked his early career here. (note that i never once gloated or celebrated his failures- because i've never wanted him to fail).

then, when everyone here thought he was a legit Heisman candidate, only to see him playing erratically and inconsistently, showing some regression as opposed to taking a step forward, i quietly, and without throwing it into your faces observed as more and more and more people came out of the woodwork to say that everyone else here had been overrating Sam and that he really wasn't anywhere close to being the Heisman candidate he was supposed to be. thank god for all of you i did not behave in the ravenous, out-for-blood manner in which you do when it comes to Sam.

finally, we find ourselves with Sam having a shot in the NFL, and it's back to square one. someone says that Sam is going to become a solid starter in the NFL, i disagree, and 3/4 of the thread becomes obsessive, combative, overly emotional and hypersensitive about the most benign posts, personally attacking me, cussing me out, insulting me, and insisting that i hate Same Ehlinger and that i want him to fail. you guys then all nod in agreement that *I'm* the one who is an overly emotional asshole who is trying to ruin the thread. it's frankly disturbing. it's the very reason that i made that infamous video about what it's like to post on this board. it's truly insane.

now then- i hope that Sam becomes a solid starter in the league, but based on watching him play for more than four years now i don't think he has that in him. so many talented and successful college QBs have failed to make it in the pros, and my opinion that Sam won't become one of the ~13-14 best QBs on the planet should never evoke this kind of obsessive, combative, and belligerent response, but uh, surly gonna surly. 

there are no lies in his post. most of you are too invested and caught up in your feelings to see that, but it's the truth. i wish Sam well, and i i've never rooted against him. hell i didn't even root for Shaka Smart to fail until the second half of the ACU game. so please get over the idea that i'm rooting against Sam, and please allow me to have my opinion in peace. you do not have to get so emotionally invested in anything that i say. and if you do- that's on you. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 8/23/2021 at 1:11 PM, shadow_operative said:

and FTR, i have never rooted for Sam to fail. never. i just have never been as impressed with him as the majority of people here/in this town.

when Sam was a senior in HS, i felt that Shane had a lock on the starting QB job and that Sam wasn't going to enjoy riding the pine for three years waiting to play. hence my prediction he would transfer elsewhere.

then, when Sam was at his best, i repeatedly admitted that i was wrong about him, up and down this thread. i said that i was totally wrong. Sam had shown that winning gene that helped him overcome whatever limitations he may have- including those ugly, untimely turnovers which marked his early career here. (note that i never once gloated or celebrated his failures- because i've never wanted him to fail).

then, when everyone here thought he was a legit Heisman candidate, only to see him playing erratically and inconsistently, showing some regression as opposed to taking a step forward, i quietly, and without throwing it into your faces observed as more and more and more people came out of the woodwork to say that everyone else here had been overrating Sam and that he really wasn't anywhere close to being the Heisman candidate he was supposed to be. thank god for all of you i did not behave in the ravenous, out-for-blood manner in which you do when it comes to Sam.

finally, we find ourselves with Sam having a shot in the NFL, and it's back to square one. someone says that Sam is going to become a solid starter in the NFL, i disagree, and 3/4 of the thread becomes obsessive, combative, overly emotional and hypersensitive about the most benign posts, personally attacking me, cussing me out, insulting me, and insisting that i hate Same Ehlinger and that i want him to fail. you guys then all nod in agreement that *I'm* the one who is an overly emotional asshole who is trying to ruin the thread. it's frankly disturbing. it's the very reason that i made that infamous video about what it's like to post on this board. it's truly insane.

now then- i hope that Sam becomes a solid starter in the league, but based on watching him play for more than four years now i don't think he has that in him. so many talented and successful college QBs have failed to make it in the pros, and my opinion that Sam won't become one of the ~13-14 best QBs on the planet should never evoke this kind of obsessive, combative, and belligerent response, but uh, surly gonna surly. 

there are no lies in his post. most of you are too invested and caught up in your feelings to see that, but it's the truth. i wish Sam well, and i i've never rooted against him. hell i didn't even root for Shaka Smart to fail until the second half of the ACU game. so please get over the idea that i'm rooting against Sam, and please allow me to have my opinion in peace. you do not have to get so emotionally invested in anything that i say. and if you do- that's on you. 

Sam led the team in carries every year he was here except 2018 and I don't think it is a coincidence that was the best year he was here. He was asked to be the whole offense. When that is asked of a player you will live and die by that player. That is exactly what happened during his career, we lived and died by his play and sometimes it didn't matter what he did because the program simply wasn't good enough. Against LSU he threw for 401 yards, ran for 60, accounted for 5 TDs (would have been 6 if Ingram could catch) and Texas lost. Later that year against a bad TCU team he threw 4 INTs in a loss. For the last decade the program has never been at a level where it could overcome mistakes from the QB on a consistent basis with the exceptions of 2014 and 2017 where the defense was fairly good and was let down by the offense.

I can only speak for myself but when I look at Sam I see myself or any person who has been a Texas fan since they were a kid. Like many on here we were at one point a fan that went to games as a kid with their dad with the dream of one day playing for Texas. Sam was one of the few that got to live that dream and seemingly played with a Freddie Steinmark like passion every week. I'm going to go out on a limb and say a kid that amassed 127 TDs to only 27 INTs in 4 years was failed by the program more than he failed it.

If you think this thread is a Sam Ehlinger safe space you must not have been here during 2017 up until the 2018 Oklahoma game. This thread was a blood bath during that time

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 1:50 AM, Hornlover said:

10. Jake Fromm- 5th rd pick to the Bills. Fighting for a roster spot.

9. Jack Sears - Grad transfer from USC to Boise St. this year. He had 1 career start at USC

8. Sam Ehlinger - 6th Rd pick by the Colts.

7. Myles Brennan - Still at LSU. Injured after 3 starts in 2020, and re-injured (broken arm) in a fishing accident this summer.

6. Dylan McCaffrey - Never could get playing time at Michigan. Transferred to Northern Colorado to play with his dad. 

5. Kellen Mond - Aggy. 3rd Rd pick by the Vikings

4. Tua Tagovailoa - #5 overall draft pick by the Dolphins. National Champion & Heisman runner-up at Bama.

3. Davis Mills - 3rd Round pick by Texans after limited experience at Stanford.

2. Tate Martell - AssMyDude. Transferred from Ohio St. to Miami to UNLV. 

1. Hunter Johnson - Behind Trevor Lawrence at Clemson. Transferred to Northwestern. Had shitty 2019, and never saw the field in 2020. Named starter for 2021.

Interesting.  Thanks for posting.  Recruiting is such a crap shoot.  50% hit rate to just get a cup of coffee in the NFL seems about right with only one starter.

Edited by Rockwell Torrey

Just now, Hook1997 said:

That pass under pressure was really good. But what the heck was the lateral to the lineman just now?  In the cat listening so didn’t see it. 

He was getting sacked either way. It wasn't actually a bad play - the lineman caught it and went down basically where Sam did. Odd play but kind of creative. 

Just now, Vito Andolini said:

I just saw headlines blaring, “Ehlinger out with knee injury.” Doesn’t seem like anyone here was too concerned earlier when the game was being played. Echoing what my brother Don Hornileone asked, anyone see what happened? Could it be a stashing on IR move (if that still is a thing)?

That can happen, but he’d be ineligible to return this season unless he makes the 53 man roster first.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I just saw headlines blaring, “Ehlinger out with knee injury.” Doesn’t seem like anyone here was too concerned earlier when the game was being played. Echoing what my brother Don Hornileone asked, anyone see what happened? Could it be a stashing on IR move (if that still is a thing)?

It didn't look bad on TV. He got off the field with maybe a slight limp. Looked like he got deadlegged or something. 

Torn meniscus maybe? Sucks for him if so but that one in particular doesn't present a terrible recovery. 

• Hook 'Em 1