Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Boy, the honks are out and feeling their oats today. Good for them. Ehlinger played a solid game. I hope he keeps it up. I’m as stunned as anyone that Fat Patty didn’t coach circles around Hermeh. I’m relatively optimistic now that I Am Sam has looked basically average in two straight games. 

You don’t have to be a “honk” to think your post was hilarious. Certainly better work than your nicknames.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Boy, the honks are out and feeling their oats today. Good for them. Ehlinger played a solid game. I hope he keeps it up. I’m as stunned as anyone that Fat Patty didn’t coach circles around Hermeh. I’m relatively optimistic now that I Am Sam has looked basically average in two straight games. 

I don't think making your self look more retarded is the play to make on this thread.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

There was one play where he kept running in circles Benny Hill style and I (and I’m sure thousand of others) was yelling “throw it away!”. There was another play where he threw a pass to the left and the defender had fallen down and the receiver was all alone but the throw was way off. There were a few other plays where it looked like he took forever to get rid of the ball. But the most important thing is that he didn’t throw any picks. The way they played yesterday, Texas can be competitive against good teams but I don’t think that’s good enough to beat the best teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It's OK to be wrong. It's even better to admit when you are.

I'm not high on Sam, either, but he stepped up and delivered yesterday. Credit where credit is due.

Besides, LOLinger is a much better nickname.

Jesus, your insufferable. "Basically average" LOL WUT? Give credit where credit is due. Sam has a long way to go, but he's playing well and doing what most on this forum believe was the most important thing he needed to do to step up his game and help this team win more games...take care of the football.

I feel sorry for all you Debbie Downers. DKR was rocking yesterday, there's an energy and optimism about this team not felt in quite some time. The corner may or may not have been turned, but the last two weeks have been fun. Lighten up and enjoy the ride.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Thankfully the guy is showing improvement and mostly it's in the decision making area. Only one time did he make a completely terrible read and throw into coverage buy we were lucky it was such a bad throw it skipped before getting to the DB. 

Patterson was playing his safeties tight to the line all game giving the offense the deep ball because he felt Sam isn't accurate enough to burn them more than 10% on those throws and he was right. The problem he had was our defense completely dominated his first year QB and confused him all day with shifting coverages behind a front that was able to get good pressure and stop their running plays. 

Sam has to get more accurate to throw defenses out of that type of coverage. If the defense doesn't completely dominate a line and QB like they did today they would lose a game where the offense can't throw defenses out of heavy box single high coverages. He also needs to improve accuracy on short routes where a lot of times he put the ball on the wrong side of the target completely killing their momentum and turning what would be 7 or so yd  gains into a loss or 1-2 yd  gains. He self tackled Watson on a swing pass just by throwing it behind him at least twice yesterday. 

The good thing is he's showing enough to think he can improve that with time. We still need to see him make plays and avoid self destruction when his team isn't  leading late in games, but I didn't think that was possible before yesterday. 

Need to give him the Vince treatment on deep balls. Less go routes, more post and comebacks

*first deep ball to Johnson was thrown to wrong spot but CJ made a great adjustment in stride to get to the spot. It is why he immediately came to a stop after the catch. Let same throw deep one on one between the hashes and let the big guys adjust. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

4 hours ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

One does not "buy" futures in anything. Since futures prices represent the expected future price of the underlying, and because last week the the expected future price of crow was most likely lower that it is today, you should have entered into a long futures position to buy crow today at that low price. So today that futures contract would allow you to buy crow at last week's expected price (which was lower) and sell it market to hordes of surly imbeciles oozin vaginal fluid, thereby making a fat stack for yourself.

As you specified I "futures" contract, as opposed to a "forward" contract, said contract is necessarily processing is handled by the exchange under preexisting procedures. Those procedures require the posting of "margin" by the losing side of the contract. Likewise, cash is deposited into the account of the "winner" on a specified basis as determined by the standardized rules of the exchange. 

This contrasts with a "forward" contract, which is not standardized and so can be customized. 

It would be highly irregular, though it is sometimes possible, to take physical delivery under a futures contract. I don't think a contract whose outcome is determined by the underlying spot price of crow would allow for the physical delivery of said crow. Settlement must be financial.

What I am saying is the CTJ owes this board a lot of money.

1 hour ago, Footballpants said:

Jesus, your insufferable. "Basically average" LOL WUT? Give credit where credit is due. Sam has a long way to go, but he's playing well and doing what most on this forum believe was the most important thing he needed to do to step up his game and help this team win more games...take care of the football.

I feel sorry for all you Debbie Downers. DKR was rocking yesterday, there's an energy and optimism about this team not felt in quite some time. The corner may or may not have been turned, but the last two weeks have been fun. Lighten up and enjoy the ride.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You’re. You’re insufferable. 

And I’m not a debbie downer. I was at the USC and I enjoyed yesterday. 

• Like 1

Narrator: The colossal prick even managed to sound magnanimous.
  • Like 3

On 9/22/2018 at 2:10 PM, closetojumping said:

I think the comparison of Colt McCoy to Sam Ehlinger, by the Westlake honks, served up as a means of defending Sam Ehlinger is one of the funniest fucking things I’ve seen on the Internet in years. The deadpan delivery. Totally oblivious to the absurdity. It’s just fucking beautiful. 

Also, we’re going to see the door on optimism for this guy being “the man” start to fully close tonight. We’re about to be blown out again by a team with less talent and far superior coaching. I’m going with 3 turnovers by Ehlinger in the first half. 

Nailed it. 

1 minute ago, lemonandaturd said:

Sam is a right handed Tebus 2.0.   That may be a very good or bad thing.  If he continues not turning the ball over, we will win a lot of close low scoring games and compete for the Big 12 title.  

So where's our fake run/jump up in the air pass play?

On 9/23/2018 at 11:46 AM, closetojumping said:

Boy, the honks are out and feeling their oats today. Good for them. Ehlinger played a solid game. I hope he keeps it up. I’m as stunned as anyone that Fat Patty didn’t coach circles around Hermeh. I’m relatively optimistic now that I Am Sam has looked basically average in two straight games

Don't stop now, I'm sure there's more hard-hitting analysis you can spew.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2018 at 2:10 PM, closetojumping said:

I think the comparison of Colt McCoy to Sam Ehlinger, by the Westlake honks, served up as a means of defending Sam Ehlinger is one of the funniest fucking things I’ve seen on the Internet in years. The deadpan delivery. Totally oblivious to the absurdity. It’s just fucking beautiful. 

Also, we’re going to see the door on optimism for this guy being “the man” start to fully close tonight. We’re about to be blown out again by a team with less talent and far superior coaching. I’m going with 3 turnovers by Ehlinger in the first half. 

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

• Like 3

On 9/23/2018 at 3:21 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

*first deep ball to Johnson was thrown to wrong spot but CJ made a great adjustment in stride to get to the spot. It is why he immediately came to a stop after the catch.

No.  That was a perfect ball.  CJ stopped to avoid a non-existent safety.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JBJ said:

No.  That was a perfect ball.  CJ stopped to avoid a non-existent safety.

On second glance, CJ stopped to let the safety on him fly by.  But he slid, so was not able to cut inside and the safety recovered.

But it's still a perfect pass.  And I mean perfect, not just good, coaches could use that clip to show how it's done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I could only imagine the shit people would be talking if Sam had the following stats through 4 games.

58/107 (54.2) - 764 yards - 8 TDs - 2 INTs

You mean to tell me that our RB playing QB could start for THE Penn State Nittany Lions... I'll be damned, somebody told me there were 8 teams in our own conference that Sam couldn't start for.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/college-are-the-texas-longhorns-back-to-national-prominence

1804-Sam-Ehlinger-grade-768x437.png

For starters, the Longhorns have received their strongest play from the quarterback position in some time. Sam Ehlinger currently holds a 79.4 passing grade, significantly higher than any of the past five seasons.

He has accounted for 44 combined first downs and touchdowns, throwing for 973 yards on 80 completions. Ehlinger has dealt well with blitzes from opposing defenses, registering a very admirable 113.7 passer rating on 53 dropbacks against the blitz. He has also put forth an elite grade when kept clean from pressure at 92.0 overall. He has completed 65-of-89 attempts from a clean pocket, yet had four passes dropped, two more thrown away and two batted at the line for an 81.2 percent adjusted completion percentage.

Ehlinger has been able to find his offensive playmakers including his talented wide receiver duo of Lil’Jordan Humphrey and Collin Johnson.

Humphrey currently ranks fifth in the country with 352 yards from the slot as he’s turned 32 targets into three touchdowns and averages 3.38 yards per route run from the inside. Johnson has seen a 113.8 passer rating on his targets, catching all 19 catchable passes his way for 291 yards without a drop.

Its still very early - but Sam's Adjusted Yards per Attempt is up to 8.0 (it was 6.6 last season) and he has a 4:1 TD:int ratio.

If he can just maintain this rate of play he's going to turn in a hell of a season.  Last Texas QB with AY/A  >8  was David Ash back in 2012  Colt McCoy was the last Texas QB with an AY/A and a TD:int ratio better than Sam's current.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Its still very early - but Sam's Adjusted Yards per Attempt is up to 8.0 (it was 6.6 last season) and he has a 4:1 TD:int ratio.

If he can just maintain this rate of play he's going to turn in a hell of a season.  Last Texas QB with AY/A  >8  was David Ash back in 2012  Colt McCoy was the last Texas QB with an AY/A and a TD:int ratio better than Sam's current.

Defenses get softer from here on out. We got to keep adding different wrinkles though so we don't get figured out.

Get creative Herman.

• Like 1