Who are your top 3 realistic choices to replace Herman?

Beau Vine

8 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

This is the most realistic.

Hardin has experienced the Texas Spotlight and seen what that kind of pressure does to some.. While I think he’d be a good candidate I don’t know how receptive he’d be. He has it pretty good now. That said, I don’t think the job will be available until Herman fails with HIS QB.

30 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

Patterson will not come to Texas. I will shit in my hat if I am wrong. 

"Aggy will never land Jimbo."

"CDC will never leave TCU"

Weird things happen when enough money is involved. We're the nation's richest athletic program, when are we going to start acting like it? 

In August 2016, TCU announced Patterson's contract had been extended through 2022, with an annual base salary of$4.75 million.

--

his UT salary woudl be about the same, so he's staying at TCU until retirement ma dudes. No reason to go to Austin and deal with this nonsense for an incremental $500k or whatever. 

15 minutes ago, NowThis said:

In August 2016, TCU announced Patterson's contract had been extended through 2022, with an annual base salary of$4.75 million.

his UT salary woudl be about the same, so he's staying at TCU until retirement ma dudes. No reason to go to Austin and deal with this nonsense for an incremental $500k or whatever. 

I was unaware we were misers who can't spend north of $5 mil/year on a HC.

this mentality is exactly why we keep hiring unproven HCs from low-level P5s and then wondering why they underperform. Why the hell wouldn't we try to make him an offer he can't refuse at least?

Edited by satyanash

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

this mentality is exactly why we keep hiring unproven HCs from low-level P5s and then wondering why they underperform.

that's how much TH makes IIRC.  I don't think Patterson is leaving unless it's in the $7-9mil range.  I don't think UT is going for that much given they are still paying off Strong and then Herman. btw, is Mack off the books yet? 

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

this mentality is exactly why we keep hiring unproven HCs from low-level P5s and then wondering why they underperform. Why the hell wouldn't we try to make him an offer he can't refuse at least?

How do you know that offer hasn’t been made?  UT has been through 2 head coach searches since Patterson’s been rolling off double digit win seasons and top 10 rankings. 

6 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Doesn't make much difference who replaces him.  You fuckwits will be calling for his head in less than a calendar year.

this is the problem. boo hoo those mean ole texas fans. They are never happy..blah balh blah. pussy i tell ya.  I expect to see improvement from year to year and game to game. Losses are part of life but this languishing in mediocrity and its bullshit for a program like texas. God why some of you accept this is beyond me

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

God why some of you accept this is beyond me

Why some of you think cycling in new coaching staffs every two to three years will fix anything is beyond me.  The only thing I'm accepting is that Herman is here for the rest of the season no matter how much it makes your pussy hurt.  I'm going to watch how the rest of the season plays out.

Edited by TriStone
  • Like 1