Instagram “Model” Found Dead on Mexican Billionaire’s Super Yacht

Doc Reeves

No Bueno...

Mo money, mo problems

Authorities are investigating the mysterious death of an Australian Instagram model after the 20-year-old's body was discovered Friday aboard a super yacht owned by a Mexican billionaire on a Greek Island.

Sinead McNamara, 20, was found unconscious around 2 a.m. Friday on the back of the Mayan Queen IV in the Greek port of Argostoli in Kefalonia, news.com.au reported. The doctor on the yacht and port authority officials attempted to revive her as a helicopter arrived at the scene to transport her to a hospital.
She died while heading to the hospital, local reports stated. Her cause of death has not been revealed.

"The Coast Guard of Kefalonia has ordered an investigation into the circumstances that led to the death of the 20-year-old Australian national as well as an autopsy-necropsy," local media In Kefalonia reported.

McNamara, who was described as an Instagram model with more than 15,000 followers, had been working on the $140 million yacht for the last four months. The 300-foot yacht is owned by Mexican mining magnate Alberto Bailleres, who is worth an estimated $6.9 billion.

Bailleres was reportedly not in Greece when McNamara died. He had left the yacht on Tuesday and McNamara stayed on the vessel with the crew. It's unclear what occurred in the next few days leading up to her death.

Authorities have ordered the yacht to remain at the port as the investigation continues.

The model was working on yachts while she traveled through Europe. Her mother, Kylie, was heading to Greece when she was told her daughter died, The Australian reported. McNamara was supposed to travel to the Greek town of Pylos before her death.
"I have unfortunately received the worst news of my life, (Sinead) has passed away," her brother Jake McNamara told the news outlet.
McNamara was also expected to meet up with her sister Lauren. She wrote about her excitement to see her sister days ago in a birthday post.

"Happy birthday to the most amazing big sister I could ever ask for, 5 days till I get to see you!!! Excitement is an understatement," McNamara wrote on Instagram.

McNamara friends and followers have flooded the model's social media pages with their condolences, saying they were shocked by her sudden death.

maybe she was legitimately hired just to clean the decks
My wife is into some show on one of those lame TLC type channels that follows the crew of a yacht that gets regularly rented out. All of the girls on that show probably have more Instagram followers than this one. Companies will send you free clothes as long as you wear them on your feed all the time, then they claim to be a model. So this girl probably was a deck hand of some sort.

Misleading title for sure.

i was reading a NYtimes article last week about the life of yacht employees. They make up to like $10-15k a month after tips but have to be on call all the time, cleaning all the time (qtip detailing, etc. it sounds horrible) but they are young, attractive, ambitious women who want to be well travelled and see the world.

the way the article wants to lead the reader is that some Instagram model was on the yacht of her own accord or by the billionaires invitation and then something went awry in their wild partying a la Bachelor party movies, but in reality some employee who calls herself or identifies as an insta model was found dead on his property while he wasn’t even there.

Edited by Guest

Probably a horrible boating accident. They have cameras everywhere in those boats so I’m well know soon

BBC

The circumstances of her death remain unclear. Greek media reported authorities had ordered that the yacht remain in the port of Argostoli while investigations take place. 
Only the boat's crew were on board when Ms McNamara was found unconscious and "twisted in rope" at the rear of the boat, The Australian newspaper reported. 
Her cousin told the Daily Telegraph newspaper that the family did not know the cause of the death but believed it may have been a boating accident.
The newspaper reported that Ms McNamara's mother and sister had already been on their way to Greece to visit her when they received news of the tragedy.

7 hours ago, Eastwood said:
11 hours ago, 52-80 said:
maybe she was legitimately hired just to clean the decks

My wife is into some show on one of those lame TLC type channels that follows the crew of a yacht that gets regularly rented out. All of the girls on that show probably have more Instagram followers than this one. Companies will send you free clothes as long as you wear them on your feed all the time, then they claim to be a model. So this girl probably was a deck hand of some sort.

1. It’s on Bravo

2. It’s called Below Deck (Caribbean) and it’s sister show “Below Deck Mediterranean”

3. Those shows are crazy awesome

• Like 2

On 9/2/2018 at 7:49 PM, Neonmoon said:

Yeah....um...I’m going to need proof the Billionaire left the yacht before she died. 

She died while heading to the hospital, local reports stated. 

15 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Misleading title for sure.... but in reality some employee who calls herself or identifies as an insta model was found dead on his property while he wasn’t even there.

She absolutely was dead before the helicopter even got there.

Don't know if he was there when it happened or not, but he would have "officially left days before" no matter when she died... the autopsy should be interesting.

R.I.P. 20 year-old Aussie.