Texas vs USC Game Thread

Vertigo

11 minutes ago, XYZ said:

That flea flicker play, it went for positive yards but it was an abomination. They do that shit against TCU or OU and it’s six points the other way.

herman/beck just can't help himself on 2nd and short. you don't run plays that are ripe for losing yards like reverses and that throwback to the qb. you have two options. run the ball. or play action deep pass. sure you can get sacked on deep pass, but usually in that 2nd and short the play action works and you get time and open receiver.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Screw you. Just home from the game, reading the game thread and reacting to the comments on the FUCKING GAME THREAD.

Dude.  Why are you in such a terrible mood after a big win?   This and going way overboard on FB.   People vent on a game thread.  Especially after the last eight years of futility.   Reading back through the bad start when getting home from the actual game, and getting angry about it, is crazy and pointless.  He had reason to be pissed then, just as we all have reason to be happy now. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Dude.  Why are you in such a terrible mood after a big win?   This and going way overboard on FB.   People vent on a game thread.  Especially after the last eight years of futility.   Reading back through the bad start when getting home from the actual game, and getting angry about it, is crazy and pointless.  He had reason to be pissed then, just as we all have reason to be happy now. 

You are absolutely correct. My bad. 

Regarding FB: you wouldn't believe the truly awful things that folks said about Willie that I had to clean up when I got home.  Dealing with that nonsense for about an hour really put me in a bad frame of mind.

• Like 3

Just now, Hornius Emeritus said:

Regarding FB: you wouldn't believe the truly awful things that folks said about Willie that I had to clean up when I got home.  Dealing with that nonsense for about an hour really put me in a bad frame of mind.

I saw it before it was deleted.   I get it.   And I know it's tough to moderate something like that. 

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Saw all that. Social media just proves not everyone deserves a voice.

I'm still baffled by our inability to use the middle of the field on offense.  Every pass was to the sideline or a long bomb.  This has been an on-going issue through several different offensive coordinators.  I'm assuming we just haven't trusted a QB to throw into traffic for about a decade now.  It's pretty frustrating because there were some holes in the middle all night.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Assman said:

I'm still baffled by our inability to use the middle of the field on offense.  Every pass was to the sideline or a long bomb.  This has been an on-going issue through several different offensive coordinators.  I'm assuming we just haven't trusted a QB to throw into traffic for about a decade now.  It's pretty frustrating because there were some holes in the middle all night.

Something as simple as a quick slant is completely absent. Instead our passing game is dependent on screens to nowhere and low percentage heaves downfield.

Agreed. And the rare times they do throw in the middle it works great. But is the forgotten about for 5 games

4 hours ago, NowThis said:

highlights 

this one is a little better 

4 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Check out the blocked FG @ around 3:20, nice crackback on the holder (almost a clip) but then watch the kicker go down. It's like a phantom punch from Johnson and the kicker just falls down.

Derp...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Do y’all always trot Bevo out pregame like that? I always only remember him sitting in the end zone drugged up.

No this is the first season I've seen it. It may have to do with starting this Bevo as a young' un. 

I haven't read this whole thread and it probably has been covered adnauseum but I was at the game and the crowd was fantastic.  The stadium was full well before kickoff and it was very loud when needed. 

• Like 1

Just now, CrownKing said:

No this is the first season I've seen it. It may have to do with starting this Bevo as a young' un. 

I haven't read this whole thread and it probably has been covered adnauseum but I was at the game and the crowd was fantastic.  The stadium was full well before kickoff and it was very loud when needed. 

Pos rep for your avatar. A man of fine taste I see.

My daughter and I were leaving the game from students side so we worked our way by the LHN set to see what they were saying, then headed through the tunnel in the south end zone with a thousand rowdy fans. As we were right under the the players ramp, Ehlinger, Hager, Kris Boyd and some others pulled the tarps back to yell/wave/take a bow.  The noise under there at that point was absolutely deafening. 

Edited by CycleTex87
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Holy Shit! Is there a way to make this a gif for the top of the page? I'd love to see that.

This Bevo is a badass.  

Nice to see a lot of guys contribute to the win.  

Guys like Moore, Cook, Eagles, etc - are they not going to RS or are they just playing their 4 games?

Haven't seen Pouncey this year have we?

14 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I've ragged on him, and could be completely off, but the second half was the first time I saw him not taking that extra half second to think about what he was doing. Again, possibly wishful, but maybe a flip of the switch.

Even though his completion percentage was much better last game, this was a much better game for Sam.  Most importantly he didn't turn over the ball.   HUGE!

He hung in the pocket to make some good throws.  Used his legs efficiently to pick up some very crucial first downs.

The safety and the long sack he took were brutal though.  Overall a really nice game by Sam.

USC QB looks legit. He's gonna pick apart defenses if they ever get a running game and learn to pass protect for him.

• immamac unfeatured this topic