The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

I absolutely love Molly's take on this. I love it because my husband has said before that Newt was the GOPs best bulldog but that ultimately it would be bad for the country as a whole. I love it because she confirms my bias that the GOP has become a bunch of money and power grubbing lunatics. They've always been money and power grubbing, but the lunacy is a bit new for them and I think they are a little too fond of it. I still maintain that the Senate knows exactly what they are doing, or at least they believe they 'got this,' but the truth of the matter is probably less reassuring only in that the evil geniuses are somewhat outnumbered by the crazy stupid ones (think Matt Gaetz) and so it's not chess, it's not checkers, it's Candy Land or Chutes and Ladders and the outcome based wholly on luck.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Well

6bb7c1dccf744c46677f1a4ad2563c4f.jpg
328208de77c8df89bbd99b23fcef5021.jpg
8945984bd2478ab3c64ea4399bdde09b.jpg
8a7241be99465a323014535257db10d6.jpg

IMO, this is a chickenshit move. That guy isn't a well-known figure and this is just manufacturing a "gotcha". Republicans do enough embarrassing shit on their own, and it only feeds their victim complex to do stuff like this.

That said, our acting director of national intelligence should know better to not get dunked on on twitter

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

"Bill" Calley is a bit unusual.

William Calley or Lt. Calley is not.  But the fairly obviously old photo should have been something of a tip.

Odds are pretty decent that some dipshit kid runs Grennells twittermachine.

Grinnell himself, or any person of that level of government power should know who Calley was.

Edited by TwiceHorn

34 minutes ago, Captainant said:

IMO, this is a chickenshit move. That guy isn't a well-known figure and this is just manufacturing a "gotcha". Republicans do enough embarrassing shit on their own, and it only feeds their victim complex to do stuff like this.

That said, our acting director of national intelligence should know better to not get dunked on on twitter

I agree it’s a chickenshit move in a normal world, but they made their bed.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

It is indeed a chickenshit move, which is exactly what the group in power deserves nonstop.

The fact that it revealed that our DNI doesn't know who Calley is makes it even better.

And if he had nothing to do with that tweet, which I think is likely, it also reinforces that governing by Twitter has been a terrible development for our country.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 11:37 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

SESAME STREET? HE'S MESSING WITH SESAME STREET?

Good Lord, Ben. Get a clue.

On a different note, is this for real? Manipulated? It's not out of the realm of possibility for Corey, but whooooo, that's um, well.

I am reasonably sure he is wearing a German field cap there.  And it may have a totenkopf on it.

Is that a deepfake?

On 11/10/2020 at 3:20 PM, Bama Chick said:

Okay, Dean.

b5979b0d0dd25b8ac9adf36985728d8f.jpg

This one is funny because Patti LaBelle's son apparently got involved and made a video claiming to be Dan Purdy after that account got doxxed as being the burner account in question.  His message was that everyone should leave Dean Browning alone.  Yeah, that Patti LaBelle.  

Shit's cray.

I just had a personal epiphany about why, as a recovering Republican and fundamentally conservative person, I have been so open in the last couple of years to pretty serious progressivism, i.e. Elizabeth Warren and even to an extent some of Sanders and AOCs proposals.

I thought that it was just disgust with the current iteration of the GOP.  It's still related to that, but different.

We have been so policy-stagnant for a couple of decades now because of polarization and the GOP's wrongheaded desire to turn back the clock to 1957 that we're just very behind.

So I am completely down with progressive ideas tempered with a bit of good ol' "the government is not Santa Claus" conservatism.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Redpuma said:

The Rs are going to block every prominent Biden cabinet positions that’s worth a shit. They want idiots in those jobs.

i hope the Ds just put them in positions as acting and let them do their jobs or at least make them deputies.

they aren’t going to allow Warren to treasure sec. 

they will win one of ga senate seats and it’s over 

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult