The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 12/11/2018 at 2:01 PM, GHOSTUSER said:

Her background and experience is with Islam. It’s natural that is what she focuses on. Same thing with Masih Alinejad who speaks out against forced hijab in Iran. I haven’t read about her saying that all Muslims should convert. Nevertheless, by your own admission she doesn’t belong on a hate list. The SPLC loses credibility when it does that. 

Link? All I could find was her picture, on a slpc site. Just the image. No explanation offered.

image.jpeg.ac185e705494e8ffe4c9c55103376d67.jpeg

Edited by Willfully Horn

19 minutes ago, Pancho said:

These people sure do have their priorities straight.

As

I mean.....She's an American (but she ain't pure white).....so.....yeah, this is entirely on-brand for the GOP.  And of course, it tells you fucking EVERYTHING that the GOP thinks that messages of "reject hate speech and misinformation" is INTERFERING in the election.  What are they "interfering" with, exactly, you fetid pile of corrupt shit?  Is hate speech and misinformation an essential part of your party's election strategy?  Yeah.....we get it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

These people sure do have their priorities straight.

As

I would like the Republicans to go hard on attacking those two.  For whatever, reason, a whole shitload of women are fans of those two.  Let's see how that plays out, attacking new parents, one of whom mother was Princess Diana (who has an even bigger fanbase).

28 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The crazy thing is that there are smart, decent people like @Ag with kids who think that is a legitimate approach.

@Bozo_Casanova...Dude, just because I don't agree with your way of "gerrymandering" using "communities of interest", which are completely nebulous doesn't mean your way is correct.

In fact, what IS your way of defining districts?  @Bozo_Casanova

And my apologies to @bolverk because I said I'd give a better explanation of my view...sorry I got really busy and haven't done that.  I've got family coming into town this weekend so I think it'll have to be next weekend,

Edited by Ag with kids

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I used to accept gerrymandering as a bullshit partisan political privilege that went back and forth.  #bothsides.

It is now officially ridiculous.  Unfortunately, before anything gets done about it, it's just going to swing the other way.

We must cultivate our garden. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ag with kids said:

@Bozo_Casanova...Dude, just because I don't agree with your way of "gerrymandering" using "communities of interest", which are completely nebulous doesn't mean your way is correct.

In fact, what IS your way of defining districts?  @Bozo_Casanova

And my apologies to @bolverk because I said I'd give a better explanation of my view...sorry I got really busy and haven't done that.  I've got family coming into town this weekend so I think it'll have to be next weekend,

Lol

"Gerrymandering using communities of interest"

No, it's called "not gerrymandering"

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2020 at 10:00 AM, Mdhorn said:

Could've stopped after the first part--Democracy isn't the objective.  Because the rest isn't for regular Americans.  If it was, they wouldn't be suppressing votes which are rights--the right to vote on more rights that you feel your tax dollars should protect.  Yes, "rank democracy can thwart that."

The government is a country club, and sorry...spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Lol

I also L'dOL. Creating districts to represent actual people and their diverse industry instead of rigging districts to benefit a particular benefit to a private club ="gerrymandering"

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

The government is a country club, and sorry...spacer.png

And the sign said anybody caught trespassin' would be shot on sight
So I jumped on the fence and yelled at the House
Hey! What gives you the right
To put up a fence to keep me out or to keep mother nature in?
If God was here he'd tell you to your face, man, you're some kinda sinner

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

It's a Country Club all right. The Broidy news broke, but why is DeJoy still allowed to be in charge? Oh yeah, his Trump appointed Board of Directors said he's doing fine.

Through rain or sleet or snow or hail.

The Postmaster General will slow your mail.

Unless the check's made out to him.

To buy some stock, afford some trim.

He found a sponsor.

Paid his dues.

Too bad chumps,

He wins, we lose.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Lol

If you use ANY reasoning other than a grid that just counts people inside that grid, then it's some form of "gerrymandering".  Just because they used your biased criteria to put X number of people into a district instead of someone else's biased criteria doesn't change the concept.

9 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I also L'dOL. Creating districts to represent actual people and their diverse industry instead of rigging districts to benefit a particular benefit to a private club ="gerrymandering"

Define what "actual people and their diverse industry" means.  Not in platitudes.  But by quantifiable means.

Because even the most fucked up districts in Texas represent "actual people and their diverse industry" regardless of how they were drawn.

The more we talk, though, I think that what you REALLY want is system that has a LOT more parties that represent more diverse elements rather than how the US has evolved to a 2 party system.  Something akin to the UK with their parliamentary system...

Edited by Ag with kids

8 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

VRA doesn’t lend itself to message board chatter because it’s not something you can understand with 30 seconds of Wikipedia.  

No kidding. I've tried to read 1965 and subsequent text and get bogged down. I need a whatchamacallit--concordance or annotations or something. I enjoy wading through things like that when I have some quiet time, but to truly appreciate some of the documents, I do wish I had a couple of weeks sequestered in a cozy study and NO interruptions.

1 hour ago, Ag with kids said:

Define what "actual people and their diverse industry" means.  Not in platitudes.  But by quantifiable means.

Because even the most fucked up districts in Texas represent "actual people and their diverse industry" regardless of how they were drawn.

The more we talk, though, I think that what you REALLY want is system that has a LOT more parties that represent more diverse elements rather than how the US has evolved to a 2 party system.  Something akin to the UK with their parliamentary system...

1) No I’m fine with two. That’s the minimum competitive number. The more parties you have the more it legitimizes the conduct of somebody like Mitch McConnell running his caucus as a parliamentary opposition.

2) District do not represent actual people if the outcome of the election is determined in advance 

3) Parties are a synthetic interest group. They  exist to consolidate interest groups in order to win elections and nothing else. When the meta-interest of the party entity is elevated to representation all other interests are subordinated and those who don’t support the party are excluded.It’s the reason Roger Williams doesn't do shit for people in Austin. Why should he? He represents Republicans, not District 25. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I scrolled through her account. Wow. 
Just wow. 

I liked the part about restoring the nuclear family.  Bitch doesn't realize that boat sailed decades ago.

And this from her bio - I think the druggy Lauren would be far more interesting and honest.

She is a young, passionate conservative who spent several years working in the pharmaceutical industry. Lauren unwittingly participated in the pharmaceutical industries agenda which led to the nationwide opioid addiction crisis. Ironically, she found herself hopelessly addicted as well, and even worked for drug cartel families and illicit organized crime gangs from Detroit.

And before she goes telling people how to "restore the nuclear family", perhaps she needs to have one first.

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I liked the part about restoring the nuclear family.  Bitch doesn't realize that boat sailed decades ago.

And this from her bio - I think the druggy Lauren would be far more interesting and honest.

And before she goes telling people how to "restore the nuclear family", perhaps she needs to have one first.

She received an endorsement from white supremacist Nick Fuentes. What a surprise.

Delaware, huh? Wife's aunt and uncle voted for Trump in 2016 a big reason was The Wall (remember The Wall? LOL). They were so worried about illegal immigrants. They live in Ohio... Toledo, Ohio.

Yeah...I think it’s pretty clear that the people who are most terrified of brown people...don’t have much chance of running across many of them in their daily lives.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, tchookem said:
50 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Delaware, huh? Wife's aunt and uncle voted for Trump in 2016 a big reason was The Wall (remember The Wall? LOL). They were so worried about illegal immigrants. They live in Ohio... Toledo, Ohio.

waynes world shrug GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

On 10/9/2020 at 10:34 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

The crazy thing is that there are smart, decent people like @Ag with kids who think that is a legitimate approach.

I find it hard to accept that people who think this is a legitimate approach are "smart, decent people".

I think a better description is "anti-American, anti-democracy dipshits".

Change my mind.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

“The Republican Party needs to understand that there’s a large number of us voting Democrat all down the ballot because of Trump, and they need to realize that their choice to blindly follow him will impact the state politics,” said Daniel Barker, a former Arizona Court of Appeals Judge who started Arizona Republicans Who Believe In Treating Others With Respect, a PAC that’s supporting Biden.

“We need to change direction,” he added.

Yep. I don't see myself voting for a Republican any time soon. I'm 44, and had never voted for a Democrat for Senator until 2018.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Asithappens said:

I find it hard to accept that people who think this is a legitimate approach are "smart, decent people".

I think a better description is "anti-American, anti-democracy dipshits".

Change my mind.

Very well thought out argument for your position.  However, it's lacking a certain je ne sais quoi...

I believe you're incorrect, however.

Carry on...👍

• Hook 'Em 1

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult