The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

49 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

All those swing states went more D this year than 2016. 

Yes.  But still damned close.  The fact that they're close enough to have an even remotely credible challenge (and yes, I use "remotely" generously) is a problem.

Trumpism won't be killed unless and until it is proven to be disastrous for GOP electoral hopes.  The opposite has happened -- right now, the GOP has a clear message.  It can't win anything without ensuring the strong support of the MAGA base.  They don't just need MAGAs, they need them to show up at a high turnout rate.  So, they need ENTHUSIASTIC MAGA support, or else they're toast.

6 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

doesn’t really sound like COVID. sudden death with no hospital visit from a great big fat person sounds like the big one.  

6 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

The stuff I saw just keeps saying “suddenly” and “unexpectedly”. Those aren’t really COVID descriptors.  But if it’s COVID it’s COVID.  Further googling shows one paper saying “possibly COVID” and reports of him claiming a cold before his death. 

5 hours ago, trauma babe said:

It is often very unexpected when a COVID patient who is only requiring nasal cannula O2 must be emergently intubated for respiratory support within the span of a few days. Unexpected, but not uncommon. After intubation, depending on comorbidities, labs, and disease progression, it's a bit of a crapshoot. Nevermind the fact that COVID can give you a stroke, pulmonary embolism, heart attack, pneumothorax (your lung pops, though this is usually because of the insane amount of pressure support that person is requiring on the vent), and a whole host of other problems. 

You know, just like the flu.

Covid confirmed by Medical examiner

#texit

https://kylebiedermann.com/biedermann-to-file-legislation-for-texit-referendum/

Biedermann to File Legislation For Texit Referendum

December 10, 2020

The federal government is out of control and does not represent the values of Texans. That is why I am committing to file legislation this session that will allow a referendum to give Texans a vote for the State of Texas to reassert its status as an independent nation. This legislation perfectly aligns with Article 1 Section 2 of the Texas Constitution which reads:

“All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. The faith of the people of Texas stands pledged to the preservation of a republican form of government, and, subject to this limitation only, they have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.” 

#Texit

Share below!

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Not going to bump his thread because he's not dead.

Also, this isn't a liberal vs conservative deal. I'm a pretty conservative guy and I won't be voting republican again for a very long time, if ever. This has become sane vs insane. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Also, this isn't a liberal vs conservative deal. I'm a pretty conservative guy and I won't be voting republican again for a very long time, if ever. This has become sane vs insane. 

The only hope for this country is complete repudiation of this insanity.

News flash: there is no hope for this country.

This is the end-stage of a rotten empire.  We managed to hold onto the title for 75 years.  Pretty piddly, in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 2

The republicans found their next Benghazi and will undermine anything Biden does:

You think they were doing voter suppression now; just wait what kind of shitty laws they will pass, don’t think they will let black ppl vote in the states that are part of the lawsuit.

don’t think we will see mail in ballots for next 50 years 

The republicans found their next Benghazi and will undermine anything Biden does:
You think they were doing voter suppression now; just wait what kind of shitty laws they will pass, don’t think they will let black ppl vote in the states that are part of the lawsuit.
don’t think we will see mail in ballots for next 50 years 

Clearly they know cheating is the only way to hold onto power. They’ve lost in the market place of ideas.

While their minority hold on power is tight, I don’t think it will be permanent because such arrangements rarely work out in the long run. My greater concern is that it can be resolved without violence.
  • Hook 'Em 3

The Texit crowd doesn’t seem to realize that they will get 0 of the US military so any war would last an afternoon. Or let’s go with the rest of the US agreeing to let Texas or other states leave. There is the small matter of Texas’ share of the US national debt. At 82k per person, Texas needs to pony up about $2T. Has Abbott budgeted for that?  I’m guessing that sales tax revenue won’t cover it.

The federal govt won’t let Texas walk away from their obligations. I also doubt a payment plan will be accepted from a group of traitors. Cash up front.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Who gives a shit what that lunatic Alan West says? Fuck em. You lost loser. Either do something or shut up.

I give a shit because these assholes control our state government and do shit like spend taxpayer dollars doing things like filing abusive propaganda lawsuits. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Texit crowd doesn’t seem to realize that they will get 0 of the US military so any war would last an afternoon. Or let’s go with the rest of the US agreeing to let Texas or other states leave. There is the small matter of Texas’ share of the US national debt. At 82k per person, Texas needs to pony up about $2T. Has Abbott budgeted for that?  I’m guessing that sales tax revenue won’t cover it.

The federal govt won’t let Texas walk away from their obligations. I also doubt a payment plan will be accepted from a group of traitors. Cash up front.

Maybe to pay off the debt we could sell the United States all the land except for a few counties in the panhandle or something. Then all the Texit people can move there.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Someone should point out all the olds will lose Medicare and their SS.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Someone should point out all the olds will lose Medicare and their SS.

Well they may not as they would just become citizens of a different country. I believe an old can move to any country today and still receive their money. But I don’t know if Medicare reimburses foreign hospitals so they might have to travel to the US to get healthcare.

On world political matters, texit might have to worry about Mexico claiming Texas territory. As in all of it. And the Mexican military against the Texas national guard? Mexico probably has that advantage.

21 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

They care about the weirdest shit.

It's tiny brain syndrome. It's one thing to have big ideas, big dreams but you have to put pen to paper and then paper into action and (as Elizabeth Warren would say "create big structural change") and she had plans for that, as did other candidates. But the tiny brains think in narrow minded ways because thinking that way is not only easier, it keeps people in confined spaces and categories. That movie, Hidden Figures? In order to break physical barriers, you need to sometimes break mental ones too. About humanity, and society.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They think it's like buying out a coach and the unseen deep pocketed mega donors will make it happen, somehow.

Also, given hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, and drought, Texas is one disaster away from having NYC toss them a roll of toilet paper.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Things can get real complicated with these people. They're very emotional. If you don't understand it I'm not gonna explain it to you. 

Step back for a second - this is fucking brilliant.

Plenty of Trumpkins either aren't Republicans, or at least not Republicans that cared enough about showing up prior to Trump (see Obama easily winning in 2008 and 2012).  Maybe some even voted Obama.  Toss in a bunch of younger Qanon that probably weren't registered prior to 2020.  No Trump on the ballot, they may not even show up in 2022 or 2024.

I hear these "leaders" and influencers,  like the guy with the bullhorn, Milo on Parler, etc., that are trying to completely wreck the GOP, and my first thought isn't that they are angry at the GOP - it's that they are trying to take control over this small group of very pliable people (you're not Qanon or full-on Trumpkin unless you are pliable), and guide them the direction they want them go.

It's like a libertarian figuring out how to peel off a chunk of the GOP and/or create a large enough party that the GOP must pay attention to them.

If some of these leaders (like the guys with the bullhorns, Milo types on Parler, etc.) can organize these incels, as well as peel off some angry/scared Republicans into a third party, we'll call it the Q Party, in theory they could turn things, at least temporarily, into a three-party system.  They can use this Q Party to support or work against Republicans, by showing up at the ballot box for Republicans, or threaten to stay home, vote for Q Party candidates, or vote D.  Make the GOP a permanent minority party that relies on this "Q Party" to win elections.

These guys with the bullhorn, etc., they aren't angst-ridden over the GOP, they are trying to build up a political movement.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Step back for a second - this is fucking brilliant.

Plenty of Trumpkins either aren't Republicans, or at least not Republicans that cared enough about showing up prior to Trump (see Obama easily winning in 2008 and 2012).  Maybe some even voted Obama.  Toss in a bunch of younger Qanon that probably weren't registered prior to 2020.  No Trump on the ballot, they may not even show up in 2022 or 2024.

I hear these "leaders" and influencers,  like the guy with the bullhorn, Milo on Parler, etc., that are trying to completely wreck the GOP, and my first thought isn't that they are angry at the GOP - it's that they are trying to take control over this small group of very pliable people (you're not Qanon or full-on Trumpkin unless you are pliable), and guide them the direction they want them go.

It's like a libertarian figuring out how to peel off a chunk of the GOP and/or create a large enough party that the GOP must pay attention to them.

If some of these leaders (like the guys with the bullhorns, Milo types on Parler, etc.) can organize these incels, as well as peel off some angry/scared Republicans into a third party, we'll call it the Q Party, in theory they could turn things, at least temporarily, into a three-party system.  They can use this Q Party to support or work against Republicans, by showing up at the ballot box for Republicans, or threaten to stay home, vote for Q Party candidates, or vote D.  Make the GOP a permanent minority party that relies on this "Q Party" to win elections.

These guys with the bullhorn, etc., they aren't angst-ridden over the GOP, they are trying to build up a political movement.

You say this like it’s a good thing. 

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You say this like it’s a good thing. 

Is it not?  The GOP has decided it wants to lay down with these people, this will force them to come to some kind of reckoning with who they are.  A kind of "Great Storm" if you will.  

If it happens, if these folks are peeled off from the 74 million Trump voters, it gives a chance of moderates to get control of the GOP.

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

Things can get real complicated with these people. They're very emotional. If you don't understand it I'm not gonna explain it to you. 

The GOP needs to officially switch its mascot from an elephant to a near-sighted frog with a red hat-wearing scorpion on its back. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

for the outside you can' uhh, something, inside something. hard to understand things. 

advantage aggy

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult