The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

These fucking cocksuckers.

The hate machine has already started:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-there-a-doctor-in-the-white-house-not-if-you-need-an-m-d-11607727380?fbclid=IwAR0CCD_R8xhXUopilFvgJwQZ0uPTqX6LegTQecmNLkauj4wVZyamVR6Fcmk

Madame First Lady—Mrs. Biden—Jill—kiddo: a bit of advice on what may seem like a small but I think is a not unimportant matter. Any chance you might drop the “Dr.” before your name? “Dr. Jill Biden ” sounds and feels fraudulent, not to say a touch comic. Your degree is, I believe, an Ed.D., a doctor of education, earned at the University of Delaware through a dissertation with the unpromising title “Student Retention at the Community College Level: Meeting Students’ Needs.” A wise man once said that no one should call himself “Dr.” unless he has delivered a child. Think about it, Dr. Jill, and forthwith drop the doc.

8 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

These fucking cocksuckers.

The hate machine has already started:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-there-a-doctor-in-the-white-house-not-if-you-need-an-m-d-11607727380?fbclid=IwAR0CCD_R8xhXUopilFvgJwQZ0uPTqX6LegTQecmNLkauj4wVZyamVR6Fcmk

Madame First Lady—Mrs. Biden—Jill—kiddo: a bit of advice on what may seem like a small but I think is a not unimportant matter. Any chance you might drop the “Dr.” before your name? “Dr. Jill Biden ” sounds and feels fraudulent, not to say a touch comic. Your degree is, I believe, an Ed.D., a doctor of education, earned at the University of Delaware through a dissertation with the unpromising title “Student Retention at the Community College Level: Meeting Students’ Needs.” A wise man once said that no one should call himself “Dr.” unless he has delivered a child. Think about it, Dr. Jill, and forthwith drop the doc.

We just have a president that wants to destroy democracy but this is what is up for discussion? 

We just have a president that wants to destroy democracy but this is what is up for discussion? 

Lest we forget, tan suits, coffee cup salutes and feet on the desk. All matters of national significance.

Just another way to say “They’re differnt! And elitist! It’s ok to dehumanize them!”
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

A wise man once said that no one should call himself “Dr.” unless he has delivered a child. Think about it, Dr. Jill, and forthwith drop the doc.

This guy. Sigh.

He knew that selecting this bone and turning it over in his hands would give him mousey cover for the misogyny and the other things that go along in the debate over the use of that credential. Attacking the use of credentials on the way out the door of his career is very on point for that generation of conservatives. Spend their whole lives writing the rules and then nitpick over the type of bow rosin while Rome burns.

To that I say, 'Bosh' you old sanctimonious hypocrite. Save it for less business-like journals than the WSJ. And 'Bosh' to you WSJ, although I realize that is your metier.

And as to your cute little quote above, Mr. Epstein: considering that it contains 'man,' 'himself', and 'he,' the only woman in your phrase is Dr. Jill Biden and funny that it mentions childbirth with respect to 'Dr.' since she has birthed a child AND earned her degree. Most rational men and women I know don't consider birthing a child (of your own) the sole qualification for being a mother/parent any more than we now consider being elected a senator being qualified due to intelligence and leadership so now that you've expressed your opinion, sit down and shut up.

We've got bigger issues that we're tackling.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

While good for him, he’s just now figuring that out? Little slow on the draw there. 

I mean.... whatever.  I guess better late than never but talk about an empty gesture.  He voted for Trump and is retiring.  No more elections to fight and probably not much business left to do other than keeping the government open.  Bleh.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Something something Democrats are elitist snobs something something

If Ben is really all that, he should know that Dr. Biden is more entitled to be called “doctor” than a boatload of other people. Check out the etymology of the word:

doctor (n.)

c. 1300, doctour, "Church father," from Old French doctour and directly from Medieval Latin doctor "religious teacher, adviser, scholar," in classical Latin "teacher," agent noun from docere "to show, teach, cause to know," originally "make to appear right," causative of decere "be seemly, fitting" (from PIE root *dek- "to take, accept").

Meaning "holder of the highest degree in a university, one who has passed all the degrees of a faculty and is thereby empowered to teach the subjects included in it" is from late 14c. Hence "teacher, instructor, learned man; one skilled in a learned profession" (late 14c.).

The sense of "medical professional, person duly licensed to practice medicine" (replacing native leech (n.2)) grew gradually out of this from c., 1400, though this use of the word was not common until late 16c. The transitional stage is exemplified in Chaucer's Doctor of phesike (Latin physica came to be used extensively in Medieval Latin for medicina

LOL.

Epstein was born to Maurice and Belle Epstein in Chicago, Illinois on January 9, 1937.[1] He graduated from Senn High School and attended the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign.[2] He served in the U.S. Army from 1958 to 1960, and received a Bachelor of Arts in absentia from the University of Chicago in 1959.[1][3]

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Senator Kevin Cramer (R), ND.

And here's the quote in slightly larger font:

EpO6E9rW8AQdNJS?format=png&name=large

Always emails with them. Seriously, I would put down money that says every presidential election going forward they have some sort of email conspiracy about the Dem nominee. 

He talking about Kayleigh McEnany’s alma mater?
She's a transfer, though. Transfers miss out on a school's 1L year, which is actually the hardest year in law school and where Harvard grads actually earn their reputation. It also happens to be when they take constitutional law classes there. A quick Google search showed that back in 2015 they had Comparative Constitutional Law as a 1L course, which is upper level coursework at other schools.

She transferred from the University of Miami, which is a good law school, but she didn't go through the whole gauntlet and definitely appears to have missed out on the bulk of their constitutional education.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The difference here is McCarthy was finally brought down with the infamous line, "have you no shame sir?"  Turns out he did have shame.  The current iteration of the R party has zero shame.  None.  They don't give a fuck and aren't going to change.  This is why it's a war.  They are waiting for the Dems to back down and then will resume their traitorous ways.  

He repeatedly slammed his head into a mobster's bat and then discarded his own body in a ravine.  It'll be sad when some of his relatives hurl themselves off of other people's balconies and shoot themselves multiple times in the face through a windshield.

17 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Was this already posted somewhere? They're bad for politics, but the Q candidates are soap opera reality show material without a doubt.

there is a whole lot going on in that article:

the young women were standing at the snack bar discussing their tattoos when Jayson, standing several feet away, overheard the conversation and informed them that he had a tattoo on his genitals. The women turned their backs towards Jayson to ignore him, but Jayson then came up behind them, unzipped his pants, pulled his penis out and displayed the shaft to them with his thumb covering the head.

Jayson admitted he had been drinking.

one of the victims wrote in her statement, “I know that wasn’t his thumb, because thumbs aren’t 6 inches long.”

Jayson’s now-wife Lauren, currently the Republican Party candidate for House Representative in the 3rd Congressional District, was present during the bowling alley incident and was listed in the report as a victim under her maiden name, Lauren Opal Roberts, (yes, you read that correctly, one of the women he exposed himself to went on to marry him, and ran for Congress)

Lauren Boebert has had numerous brushes with the law herself (pdf) for petty offenses including disorderly conduct, fleeing law enforcement, speeding and careless driving, driving with expired plates, failures to appear in court, and other offenses.

The most shocking thing is this didn't happen in Florida.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
gramma
  • Like 1

Based on this entire thread, I've come to an epiphany:

If the GOP does end up with a schism, I'm thinking they need to keep the name but change one letter to pretty much encapsulate the evangelical Christians that are a touch on the hypocritical side and the QAnon crowd such as Ms. Boebert:

Grand Old Deplorables

It fits with their image of Trump as God-King and their relentless persecution complex which also goes hand in hand with the relentless prosecution problem some of them seem to have, such as Mr. Boebert there.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
If someone else has used this for them, apologies. I did no research.

17 hours ago, Underdog said:

Dr. Henry Kissinger. 

GOP: Liberals are educated snowflakes who all come from liberal institutions like Harvard, Yale, Cal Berkley and deserve no praise for their libtard education.

Also GOP: DURRR JILL BIDEN DUMB UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE PHD NO COUNT SHE DIDNT GO TO HARVARD

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult