The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

18 minutes ago, Tom said:

This article was off to a fantastic start.  The very first sentence, copied and pasted without edit: 

It's cute that they call themselves "conservatives" and he refers to anybody who doesn't support Trump as RHINOs.  He must have added an extra word :

• Republican Haberdashers in Name Only?
  • Republican Handymen in Name Only
  • Republican Housekeepers in Name Only?
  • Republican Hunters in Name Only?
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's cute that they call themselves "conservatives" and he refers to anybody who doesn't support Trump as RHINOs.  He must have added an extra word :

I believe the extra word you seek is Holy. Grammatically, there should probably be a comma after Republican but the description fits nonetheless.

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Republican Hoors in Name Only

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Look, I'm a strict Constitutional Constructionist with adherence to Original Intent and embrace documentary evolution to meet the changing needs of the Republic only as absolutely necessary.  

The 3rd Amendment is very clear, in so many words.  Thanksgiving, officially declared a holiday in 1941, has the number of attendees clearly set by the Bill of Rights in 1791.  Your right to have a feast for a holiday set in 1941 is retroactively protected by an 1791 Amendment that addresses military quartering, as well as stuffing versus dressing, canned versus fresh cranberry, and wheat rolls versus white rolls.  It's all spelled out by the founding founders.  No need for modern, liberal interpretation.  

Do you fucking idiots want those of us that can read to just abandon the GOP and then burn it on the way out?  I mean, we've out up with a lot of dumbing down bullshit over last four years...but we're gonna open up donation mailers from your idiots asking to help protect the "Thanksgiving Third Amendment" and not want to shit on your wive's faces?  We were once the party of scientific ignorance, but now?  Really guys?   And you want us to make sure your minions have more guns too, with shit like stirring around in their heads?  Yeah, can't imagine why we don't want to give you more money, guns, and power.  Same reason I didn't give my mentally retarded sister that 300hp Mustang she used to want.  

It's impossible you guys got this stupid this quick.  

Edited by Lobo

45 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Do you fucking idiots want those of us that can read to just abandon the GOP and then burn it on the way out? 

Apparently, they like to play with fires, so let them. Honestly Lobo just because the GOP is all you've known doesn't mean you cannot create a fresh party with a fresh vision. It has been done before. But they've been on this path for awhile now and it was a factor in me trending independent and then voting fully Democratic in the primary this year. I cannot stomach the race baiting, the fear mongering, the false religious persecution, the homophobia, and if that wasn't enough--the pretend fiscal conservatism. It would have certainly been in my immediate self interest to remain with them but it would've been a bigger betrayal to fellow Americans to behave in such a way for it is not the path to freedom and liberty.

• Hook 'Em 1

Democrats should seek common ground with an authoritarian party that issues death threats to the family members of a fellow party member who declines to break the law for the benefit of a former Democrat notorious for the trail of former allies in his wake.

When the GOP has absolutely shattered both the Fear and Stupidity scales, it's difficult to tell which one has been more vaporized.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Democrats should seek common ground with an authoritarian party that issues death threats to the family members of a fellow party member who declines to break the law for the benefit of a former Democrat notorious for the trail of former allies in his wake.

When the GOP has absolutely shattered both the Fear and Stupidity scales, it's difficult to tell which one has been more vaporized.

@Rimbo please tell us how we need to seek common ground. 

4 hours ago, USMCHorn said:

If only Abe Lincoln had sought common ground we wouldn't have had a civil war...

Don't be so enthusiastic to repeat history.

The goal is to build bridges now, so that the likelihood is less later.

I get the feeling that y'all would prefer a good civil war, so maybe you're the wrong audience.

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I get the feeling that y'all would prefer a good civil war, so maybe you're the wrong audience.

You're the one enthusiastic to repeat history. You want Biden to be Andrew Johnson. What’s the worst that can happen? Oh yeah, Jim Crow.

Judging by the fact that Trump and his grunts want to throw out votes from minority heavy counties in order to overturn the will of the people, I'd say we're already there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Anyone who would prefer a good civil war is a fucking idiot. Without exception.

The sad reality, however, is that only one canp visibly and audibly values building bridges. The other camp derides bipartisanship, transparency, and consensus. They are unwilling or unable to speak against Dear Leader, who stokes and depends upon division and conflict to draw his own strength. 

I'm not saying bridge building isn't the ideal outcome. I'm saying it is futile as long as bridge building is viewed as weakness by one camp. How do you reinstill that as a value and wean them off their thirst for lib tears? I'm all ears.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

You're the one enthusiastic to repeat history. You want Biden to be Andrew Johnson. What’s the worst that can happen? Oh yeah, Jim Crow.

Judging by the fact that Trump and his grunts want to throw out votes from minority heavy counties in order to overturn the will of the people, I'd say we're already there.

If Trump's treachery is rebuffed, then what say you?

It's one thing for a dumbass to want to be heard.  It's quite another for our system of laws and government to wave the finger and say, "Not so fast, you fucking clown."

The “FRAUD!” Argument is so pervasive that a GOP House candidate who lost by over 40 points in a D+26 district that was represented by Elijah Cummings thinks she lost because it was rigged against her  

She also spent $4.8 million to get 28% of the vote. 😂

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/22/2020 at 5:39 PM, Js1 said:

The “FRAUD!” Argument is so pervasive that a GOP House candidate who lost by over 40 points in a D+26 district that was represented by Elijah Cummings thinks she lost because it was rigged against her  

She also spent $4.8 million to get 28% of the vote. 😂

So the accusation comes first and then she plans to prove it?  Thought the proof came first which led to the accusation.  Damn, I'm getting old--still arguing with logic.

39 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I can't wait for his "we need fiscal conservatism" tweet. 

You're never going to be President, Marco.  Not in 2024, not in 2028, never.

You might end up Tom Cotton's token VP pick to ensure Florida stays red, but you'll just be a more servile Pence, with a bigger gaping pussy. 

On 11/22/2020 at 11:58 AM, Rimbo said:

The Right is purging their moderates (which are far right for moderates) and has been and you're saying we should look for commonality?  The duty of the GOP before Mitch was a no compromise pledge.  Boehner now looks like a moderate by Mitch's standards. They won't compromise, they've said it, voted on it, lost seats on it, and now rally on it again.  

https://www.politico.com/story/2010/10/the-gops-no-compromise-pledge-044311

If anybody wants to know Mitch's Senate priority, it's the same as the Obama years--to make Biden a one term president.   They're not compromising.  The only thing close would be for Democrats to cave, but that's not seeking middle ground.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

The Right is purging their moderates (which are far right for moderates) and has been and you're saying we should look for commonality?  The duty of the GOP before Mitch was a no compromise pledge.  Boehner now looks like a moderate by Mitch's standards. They won't compromise, they've said it, voted on it, lost seats on it, and now rally on it again.  

https://www.politico.com/story/2010/10/the-gops-no-compromise-pledge-044311

If anybody wants to know Mitch's Senate priority, it's the same as the Obama years--to make Biden a one term president.   They're not compromising.  The only thing close would be for Democrats to cave, but that's not seeking middle ground.  

just a bit of a chubby with a pulse here fuck yes

55v.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

On brand

Nye County Commissioner Leo Blundo (R) turned himself in Thursday after authorities charged him in connection to voting on CARES Act financial relief programs while he benefited from them financially, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported Thursday.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult