The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

“If we get together, they cannot cancel us all. Okay? They won’t. And this will be contrary to a lot of our beliefs because—I’d love not to have to participate in cancel culture. I’d love that it didn’t exist. But as long as it does, folks, we better be playing the same game. Okay? We’ve been playing T-ball for half a century while they’re playing hardball and cheating. Right? We’ve turned the other cheek, and I understand, sort of, the biblical reference—I understand the mentality—but it’s gotten us nothing. Okay? It’s gotten us nothing while we’ve ceded ground in every major institution in our country.”

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

“If we get together, they cannot cancel us all. Okay? They won’t. And this will be contrary to a lot of our beliefs because—I’d love not to have to participate in cancel culture. I’d love that it didn’t exist. But as long as it does, folks, we better be playing the same game. Okay? We’ve been playing T-ball for half a century while they’re playing hardball and cheating. Right? We’ve turned the other cheek, and I understand, sort of, the biblical reference—I understand the mentality—but it’s gotten us nothing. Okay? It’s gotten us nothing while we’ve ceded ground in every major institution in our country.”

tumblr_3e6d74fec1ed4c15dae3b69079155fda_32a4a93a_400.gif

• Like 2

Nothing to see here, just some more old-timey anti Semitism. Guy was apparently quite influential in Utah's GQP 

Utah-based startup Entrata, valued in 2021 at more than $1 billion, has abruptly cut ties with its cofounder and former CEO Dave Bateman.

Startup Entrata abruptly cut ties with its cofounder and former CEO, hours after he sent an inflammatory email sharing an anti-semitic vaccine conspiracy theory with a group of Utah tech and political leaders.

David “Dave” Bateman, who cofounded the Utah-based property management software company in 2003 and stepped down as CEO last year as the company raised more than $500 million from private investors, had emailed a group including some of Utah’s leading tech CEOs, investors and other public figures including its governor, Spencer Cox, calling upon them to “stop the vaccination drive” due to an unfounded conspiracy theory blaming Jewish people for “a sadistic effort underway to euthanize the American people.”

The email, which was reviewed by Forbes, was sent at 4.59 AM by Bateman, who has lived in Puerto Rico for the past several years. By late morning in Utah, it had received several responses denouncing its contents to the 50-plus other recipients on the thread. Entrata’s CEO issued a statement denouncing the remarks late in the afternoon; just after 6pm ET (4pm in Utah), the company announced it had severed ties with Bateman.

“Entrata’s board of directors today asked Dave Bateman to resign from the company’s board of directors, including his position as chairman. Dave agreed and is no longer a member of the Entrata board, effective immediately,” CEO Adam Edmonds tweeted in a statement.

“I write this email knowing that many of you will think I'm crazy after reading it,” Bateman wrote in the email’s first sentence. From there, the entrepreneur claimed, without any basis, that “for 300 years the Jews have been trying to infiltrate the Catholic Church and place a Jew covertly at the top,” and that such an effort had succeeded with Pope Francis. The email also made unfounded claims that both Covid and its vaccines would deliberately destroy people’s immune systems.  “I believe the pandemic and systemic extermination of billions of people will lead to an effort to consolidate all the countries in the world under a single flag with totalitarian rule,” Bateman wrote. The email shared other unfounded conspiracy theories about the vaccine’s effects, adding “everything is being expertly censored” even as the email contained links to websites making similar claims. 

guy felt perfectly comfortable sending this bullshit in an email to 50+ people, lulz. But its ok, he has a lot of friends that are Jews

In text messages, Bateman confirmed to FOX 13 he wrote the email.

"Yes. I sent it. I have nothing but love for the Jewish people. Some of my closest friends are Jews. My heart breaks for their 2500 years they’ve been mistreated by nearly every country on earth. But I do believe Scottish Rite Freemasons are behind the pandemic (overwhelmingly Jewish)," he wrote. "And I fear billions of people around the globe right now are being exterminated."

Bateman earned headlines in 2018 when he offered to cover the legal fees of the Utah Republican Party’s legal challenge of SB54, a law the Utah Legislature passed in 2014 that created an alternative path to Utah’s long-standing caucus/convention system for securing a party’s nomination for elected office. 

Utah Democrats also called for the state’s GOP party leaders to take a strong stand on Bateman’s email.

“Additionally, Bateman has given hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of support to the Utah GOP. We call on them to publicly condemn and disavow his comments, and return the $55,000 of donations that Entrata has directly given the party since 2017. When it comes to such serious matters as antisemitism, silence is complicity.”

Yeah....good luck with that returning money thing.

wow.  I try to stay out of most of this now a days.  but coming to a fairground near me:

Michael Flynn, Roger Stone headline ‘Reawaken America Tour’ stop in Redmond

FEATURED-IMAGE-TEMPLATE-2022-01-03T15392

BY CENTRAL OREGON DAILY NEWS
  |  
Monday, January 3rd 2022

Gen. Michael Flynn and Roger Stone are among dozens of speakers expected to attend a stop of the “Reawaken America Tour” at the Deschutes County Fair and Expo Center in April. 

The two-day event run by conservative podcast host Clay Clark bills itself as a conference to talk about vaccine freedom and religious freedom along with “election fraud, medical fraud and mainstream media fraud,” among other topics.

Organizers say the conference speakers run from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days with no breaks or intermissions. 

About 2,700 of the 3,500 tickets remain available for the event on April 1-2; general admission tickets cost $250 while VIP tickets for seats closer to the front cost $500. 

But the group also will work with guests and have sold tickets for as little as $5.

“We pretty much have tickets available for anyone,” Jeanna Holcomb, one of the organizers told Central Oregon Daily News. “We don’t want price to be an issue. We want everyone to hear the truth.”

To get tickets, you have to submit an email address and someone with the event will call you back. 

Reopen-America-Tour-Episode-10-Version-3

Previous coverage of the events around the country has called them “Q-anon friendly” rallies perpetuating false claims about the election, COVID and vaccine efforts.

President Donald Trump pardoned Flynn, his former national security adviser in 2020 ending a yearslong prosecution in the Russia investigation that saw Flynn twice plead guilty to lying to the FBI and then reverse himself before the Department of Justice stepped in to dismiss his case.

The pardon came in the waning weeks of Trump’s only term and came just months after the president commuted the sentence of another associate, Roger Stone, days before he was to report to prison.

Clark has said the CDC created COVID-19 and Flynn has long been an opponent of the COVID restrictions in place across the country. 

The Redmond tour stop also is expected to feature several doctors who made a name for themselves over the last year promoting alternative methods of fighting COVID. 

The tour has made headlines several times since it started last fall. 

At the tour’s stop in San Antonio in November, Flynn came under fire for suggesting America should have “one religion under God.”

At another stop in Texas in December, several members of the tour fell ill after the event and later claimed they were poisoned with anthrax. 

The Associated Press contributed to this report

30 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Duh.

When you realize that the GQP has functionally zero to do with politics, and EVERYTHING to do with being a psychopathic cult that will do literally WHATEVER the cult leader orders, then predicting shit like 1/6 (and the worse shit that is to come as long as Trump is alive) is super easy.

On 12/21/2021 at 3:53 PM, wildcat09 said:

The really good podcast Know Your Enemy has a recent paywalled episode (you've got to subscribe to their patreon for it, though I bet they unlock it soonish) talking about how helpful Freudian psychoanalysis is for understanding modern politics. It's really the only lens through which the modern right makes any sense.

Well that didn't take long. Good listen for anyone interested.

• Hook 'Em 2

Dude, don't lump in the Grateful Dead with this shit.  

Also, it really pisses me off when people just assume that Lilith Fair was the name of one of the artists playing.  She wasn't.  Lilith Fair was the name of the flute in Jethro Tull.

20 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

What makes you say that? In our voting area they've closed down polling locations that will remain closed after the pandemic. In the whiter, wealthier parts there are more places to vote.

That part is true. I was referring more to the curtailing of mail in ballots. 

Don’t know where to post this… but this pisses me off. Especially taking something that’s not so black and white into just that. What’s next Shelley? Do I need to show my papers to prove I’m one of the good ones? And even then… keep an open eye on me cause you never know! 

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/01/07/shelley-luther-chinese-students-texas/

• Rage+1 5

I mean, this hurts their voters more than Dems, so whatever.
Really, you don't see the endgame with scant polling locations in Harris County or fucked future laws like no free assistance or rides to the polls if your county has public transportation in place. They won't stop until you can only vote during the week, three polling locations per county and they will game that too. Stack all three on one block in the worst part of Houston, and in affluent nursing homes the sticks.

Go more cynical and dark here, and it will be more accurate than thinking this helps dems.
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Really, you don't see the endgame with scant polling locations in Harris County or fucked future laws like no free assistance or rides to the polls if your county has public transportation in place. They won't stop until you can only vote during the week, three polling locations per county and they will game that too. Stack all three on one block in the worst part of Houston, and in affluent nursing homes the sticks.

Go more cynical and dark here, and it will be more accurate than thinking this helps dems.

Yes. The public transportation where I live is not like Houston with routes and such and for folks that do not have transportation, it is a challenge.

So last Friday, I read a blurb about the former Michigan House Speaker, Lee Chatfield, being accused of multiple sexual assaults which occurred while he was a teacher at a Christian academy. In the article I originally read, the victim was not named, but the woman claimed the assaults occurred starting when she was 15. A follow-up article I noticed today identified the victim as Rebekah Chatfield. Hell of a coincidence having the same last name. 

just kidding..... its his brothers wife. No worries though, Lee claims it was consensual. Party of family values indeed.

https://www.bridgemi.com/children-families/sister-law-ex-mi-house-speaker-lee-chatfield-sexually-assaulted-me-teen

His lawyer said the affair 'lasted years' and that the politician 'intends to vigorously fight these claims'

Edited by Blotto

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

So last Friday, I read a blurb about the former Michigan House Speaker, Lee Chatfield, being accused of multiple sexual assaults which occurred while he was a teacher at a Christian academy. In the article I originally read, the victim was not named, but the woman claimed the assaults occurred starting when she was 15. A follow-up article I noticed today identified the victim as Rebekah Chatfield. Hell of a coincidence having the same last name. 

just kidding..... its his brothers wife. No worries though, Lee claims it was consensual. Party of family values indeed.

https://www.bridgemi.com/children-families/sister-law-ex-mi-house-speaker-lee-chatfield-sexually-assaulted-me-teen

His lawyer said the affair 'lasted years' and that the politician 'intends to vigorously fight these claims'

Who are you going to believe, a devoted Patriotic Christian Man of God, or a strumpet/harlot/jezebel sent to tempt him and interrupt his path of providing Godly rule to this Nation that so needs the Lord God's strong hand?

I rest my case.

On 1/7/2022 at 6:46 PM, YChang said:

Don’t know where to post this… but this pisses me off. Especially taking something that’s not so black and white into just that. What’s next Shelley? Do I need to show my papers to prove I’m one of the good ones? And even then… keep an open eye on me cause you never know! 

lets not forget this cunt is in it for the grift as well

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/dallas-salon-arrest-gofundme/

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

Big shock coming folks.  Some of you take a seat.  This is yuge and just so out of left field...the Lord can't possibly prepare you for this foundational shake..........

He went to Liberty University.  

Alright, let's find his phone number and start the fun...

17 hours ago, Blotto said:

If my wife looked like a Rock'em Sock'em robot, I might go looking for some strange too. I probably wouldn't get all rapey, though. 

Rock-Em-Sock-Em-Robots.jpeg

18 hours ago, Blotto said:

He’s a Republican. That shouldn’t be career-limiting. 

That musta been one seriously awkward best man's toast at that wedding.

"And to my brother, Lee.  Sure you used to beat me up and steal my dessert when Mom & Dad weren't looking...but hey that's what big brothers do!  But you taught me to fish, how to ride a bike, how to cover up a sex crime.  What?  Was that out loud?!?  I think what we're all trying to say here is love is blind."  

A fellow with the Claremont Institute made a twitter thread yesterday decrying the conviction of Gregory McMichael for killing Ahmaud Arbery. This is how he characterized an obvious case of murder:

This isn't some random nobody on twitter, this is a member of the Claremont Institute, which is key in shaping right wing intellectual thought. Last April I posted in this thread about something another Claremont guy wrote, in which he characterized American liberals as zombies and human rodents and implied that the American government needs to be destroyed and replaced by a white supremacist state. You might notice in our buddy Pedro's twitter thread a certain question:

"What can be done about your stupid lib who views the legal system as a way to pay racial penance or exact vengeance?" Implicit in the question, of course, is what can be done about us within the current justice system? And his answer: "not much." But it's clear that he thinks we've unjustifiably convicted George McMichael for "protecting his neighborhood" because police failed to protect it from Ahmaud Arbery's mere presence. 

If you listen to the podcast discussion I linked above about psychoanalysis of the right, near the end there's some discussion about how men on the right understand liberal politics as quite literally intended to castrate them. Somewhere deep in their dark recesses of their minds they think that if they do not get to wield total control via the violent suppression of everyone who isn't them, then black men will rape their women and cut their dicks off. I think the only way to understand something like this twitter thread is to realize that it comes from some sort of deeply psychosexual primal terror, and the Claremont Institute's project is to transform that into an acceptable political ideology that will provide a moral foundation for fascism and mass violence. Because what can they do about those of us who will allow black men to rape their women and cut their dicks off? That's the type of threat they think we pose to them and they're focusing all of their intellectual and emotional efforts on that question. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

On 1/7/2022 at 6:46 PM, YChang said:

Shelley Luther's high school GPA probably banned Shelley Luther from a Texas university.

• Haha 3