The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 12/9/2021 at 3:44 PM, mchookem said:

jfc i will never, ever understand people who go thru life putting this sort of energy and vibe out into the world every single day, everywhere they go...how can anyone enjoy life and be happy if this is how they see the world?? it's mind boggling 😳

tailgate is hard to see, zoom in 🙄

20211209_153807.jpg

I see a clean pickup truck with no dents. I don't need to zoom in to know he has issues.

22 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

im shocked it's not happening in a dfw burb 

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This is just stop #1 on his nationwide tour.

He was already here at that Frisco rally. Posted on his Instagram from Glen Beck’s studio and the Star. 

36 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

He was already here at that Frisco rally. Posted on his Instagram from Glen Beck’s studio and the Star. 

Never could tell if Glen Beck was smart when he bailed on Fox and started up his own venture/shows, or whether he was getting out over his skis without realizing it.

He was going down the Alex Jones batshit conspiracy path before before he left Fox though, complete with the chalkboard equivalent of this:

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Never could tell if Glen Beck was smart when he bailed on Fox and started up his own venture/shows, or whether he was getting out over his skis without realizing it.

He was going down the Alex Jones batshit conspiracy path before before he left Fox though, complete with the chalkboard equivalent of this:

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Classic Beck.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Just got this text. I think they bought a bunch of dem e-mail addresses and are just trolling us. 

It's TRUUUUUMMMMMMP time.
We've NEVER done this... 875% match UNLOCKED for 8 minutes. Grassroots surge needed ASAP to DRAFT TRUMP 2024: gopwin.us/0g2 stop=end

Same

875% match?  What a weird figure to choose.  Do they think it makes it sound more legit?

Also, haven't they figured out after all these years...those "unlocked challenge matches" never actually occur?  You could just go to the FEC search website and see that after these donation pushes, that in the days/weeks afterwards...there's no massive dump of money that goes to the campaign.  For a group so great at "doing my own research", they fail to grasp the simplest of inquiry tasks.  

If they hit their goal of $1,000,000 in aggregate, or whatever it is.  Don't these people see there's never a $8,750,000 lump donation shortly there after?  Wouldn't that kinda shit make the news?  

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

875% match?  What a weird figure to choose.  Do they think it makes it sound more legit?

Also, haven't they figured out after all these years...those "unlocked challenge matches" never actually occur?  You could just go to the FEC search website and see that after these donation pushes, that in the days/weeks afterwards...there's no massive dump of money that goes to the campaign.  For a group so great at "doing my own research", they fail to grasp the simplest of inquiry tasks.  

If they hit their goal of $1,000,000 in aggregate, or whatever it is.  Don't these people see there's never a $8,750,000 lump donation shortly there after?  Wouldn't that kinda shit make the news?  

as with many of your posts, you put way too much time into this effort for so little yield. they're fucking liars and grifters. no more analysis than that is necessary. and no, their targets will never figure it out because they're way too fucking dumb

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm trying, as I do every year in late November to late December, to try and put some effort into understanding this mentality so I can not say anything upsetting to family I see at the holidays. 

If I put a little thought into ahead of time, I can just tell myself quietly while they're ranting and raving, "Oh, they donated money to him as part of some challenge match.  They think the FEC is, under Biden's direction, trying to hide the challenge money in some effort to make Trump look like he's raising less money than the Democrats.  Be nice Lobo, smile.  Nod your head, take a sip of your cocktail.  Make agreeable noises with your mouth.  Yes, when they apologize in real time as the kids open up their presents from them that they couldn't find the Lego set they wanted because Biden fucked up the supply chain, you will shut up and not mention that Biden doesn't really control nautical logistics in/around Denmark.  They think he's holding up ships at port, just shut up and smile.  Nod.  Make another drink."  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

It's fun to think the politicians are writing these, and I've joked about how desperate they sound with these emails, but the politicians and their staffers never see the emails that are sent out.  Neither do their campaign staffs for the most part.

They either contracted with somebody or put a bid out, and the people running these email campaigns are getting a cut or some kind of bonus, so it's in their interest to make these sound scary.

To me, they sound desperate as fuck and like a bunch of losers - none of those emails project the idea that their beneficiaries are winning handily, but they are preying upon our parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles/idiots.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:38 PM, atomheartbevo said:

It's fun to think the politicians are writing these, and I've joked about how desperate they sound with these emails, but the politicians and their staffers never see the emails that are sent out.  Neither do their campaign staffs for the most part.

They either contracted with somebody or put a bid out, and the people running these email campaigns are getting a cut or some kind of bonus, so it's in their interest to make these sound scary.

To me, they sound desperate as fuck and like a bunch of losers - none of those emails project the idea that their beneficiaries are winning handily, but they are preying upon our parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles/idiots.

The internet has given the grifters unprecedented access to the elderly who are not really prepared to deal with the grifters who exploit them constantly. This is a serious problem that we are not currently doing anything about. 

• Hook 'Em 3

The morning of the OJ Simpson verdict, I physically supported my next door neighbor as she said goodbye to her husband of almost sixty years. He had died of a heart attack in his sleep, a week after lightning rod salesmen had lightened his finances six thousand dollars. His wife said that stress took his life.

He was a member of the family that was Austin’s first nationally known musical act. The Gant family. They sang gospel music.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Edit
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

The morning of the OJ Simpson verdict, I physically supported my next door neighbor as she said goodbye to her husband of almost sixty years. He had died of a heart attack in his sleep, a week after lightning rod salesmen had lightened his finances six thousand dollars. His wife said that stress took his life.

He was a member of the family that was Austin’s first nationally known musical act. The Gant family. They sang gospel music.

Cedar Choppers -- Austin's own Lost Appalachian Tribe. They were Alan Lomax's first field recordings. 

Every single one of you fuckers needs to watch this 50 seconds of glory. This may be the best takedown of a U.S. Senator that I've ever seen. For a brief few seconds I almost ---- ALMOST ----- felt pity for Marsha Blackburn. Then I remembered that she's Marsha Blackburn. She can't get a word out. STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS!  Whoever runs against her needs to put this on endless loop in every market in Tennessee. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Hard to feel too bad for a guy who went to work for Griftapalooza, but this did crack me up-

"“I mean, I went to insurance companies that will insure a GWAR concert. And they wouldn’t touch Robert."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-the-disastrous-arise-usa-election-fraud-roadshow-that-likely-killed-covid-denier-robert-david-steele

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Hard to feel too bad for a guy who went to work for Griftapalooza, but this did crack me up-

"“I mean, I went to insurance companies that will insure a GWAR concert. And they wouldn’t touch Robert."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-the-disastrous-arise-usa-election-fraud-roadshow-that-likely-killed-covid-denier-robert-david-steele

To be fair, GWAR fans will act in a far more rational manner than MAGA fans.

Shit, MAGA fans make GWAR fans look like Michael Buble fans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

This story made my day. Thank you.

• Hook 'Em 1

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Fox News: the election was rigged!

Fox News Viewer: the election was rigged!

Fox News: see, Americans think the election was rigged!

The president screamed for a year that the election was going to be rigged. OMG, a lot of people now think it was rigged! 

Cross posted from the aggy thread:

"There are also a lot of people with whom you can share all the empirical evidence, all the primary source documents, all the historical fact and it won't matter. Because the reason they believe what they believe is not because they don't have information, it is because that information threatens the position that they have taken on for themselves within their family and within society. It is a truly existential threat to how someone understands who they are in the world.

That is the thing that’s difficult for a lot of people to accept, and so they push back against it. We see a 21st-century iteration of that today. We saw it after the Civil War. People attempt to distort history, distort information, distort fact, because it allows them to continue to tell a story about themselves and their community that they're deeply invested in."

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

"There are also a lot of people with whom you can share all the empirical evidence, all the primary source documents, all the historical fact and it won't matter. Because the reason they believe what they believe is not because they don't have information, it is because that information threatens the position that they have taken on for themselves within their family and within society. It is a truly existential threat to how someone understands who they are in the world.

That is the thing that’s difficult for a lot of people to accept, and so they push back against it. We see a 21st-century iteration of that today. We saw it after the Civil War. People attempt to distort history, distort information, distort fact, because it allows them to continue to tell a story about themselves and their community that they're deeply invested in."

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The really good podcast Know Your Enemy has a recent paywalled episode (you've got to subscribe to their patreon for it, though I bet they unlock it soonish) talking about how helpful Freudian psychoanalysis is for understanding modern politics. It's really the only lens through which the modern right makes any sense.

On 12/19/2021 at 5:23 PM, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

“He called me up and was like, ‘Hey, how do you feel about doing a political speaking tour?’” Stensland told The Daily Beast. “And then he told me this guy’s got a good budget. And I’m like, well, count me in.”

Stensland said that to him and the other three crewmembers, “it was just another gig. We didn’t care about the politics of the tour, we just wanted to work.”

I bet that dipshit cares about the politics now, amirite?