The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Unsure where to post, and perhaps it should be its own thread but the GA 2022 governor race is setting itself up nicely due to Trump. Kemp has to run against Perdue (Trump) in the primary. Then whoever wins that shitshow has to face Stacey Abrams.  I bet even Ronna McDaniel as the national GOP party lead is pulling out her hair on this. Abrams is going to put up a strong challenge regardless and now there is going to be a GOP split.  

the ultimate GOP nightmare is if Kemp barely wins the primary, Trump declares fraudulent voting and suggests his voters stay home in the general election.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

If you believe in God you must read this message:

The Radical Left-Wing Mob is removing God from our lives & won't stop until every Church in America is shut down & gone.

Now we've learned that Pelosi & her radical anti-religion supporters are ramming through a bill that will shut down every Christian business in America.

They will criminalize your Christian beliefs.

This will be the end of Christianity in America. President Trump warned us this would happen - and now it is. Churches closed. "In God We Trust" gone. Faith destroyed.

This is our last chance to stop them, but we must act right this second. Time is running out.

We need every grassroots conservative who isn't afraid to say they believe in God to chip in just $8 today before it's too late: now-21.com/9wh stop=end

My senile 95 year old grandmother added me to a GOP solicitation list (perhaps in error but wtf knows) and this was the latest text message. 

To think she probably clicked the link and donated makes me sick to my stomach.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

"Now we've learned that Pelosi & her radical anti-religion supporters are ramming through a bill that will shut down every Christian business in America."

From your quoted text above, what bill are they yammering on about? I love how everything in the emails I get soliciting funds is appropriately vague on the details. It's like a ten year old:

"Mom! Mom! I need ten dollars, it's urgent! Bad things will happen if I don't have ten dollars right away!"

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

From your quoted text above, what bill are they yammering on about? I love how everything in the emails I get soliciting funds is appropriately vague on the details. It's like a ten year old:

"Mom! Mom! I need ten dollars, it's urgent! Bad things will happen if I don't have ten dollars right away!"

it's funny (but not really) that you think there is an actual bill or an actual issue to get riled up about. nope, completely and totally fabricated -as is everything the GOP stands for. They don't care about what is actually happening, only to 'protect' you from all the evil things that might happen. Even those things rarely, if ever, actually happen

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

He is retiring to become the CEO of the Trump Media Org.  

https://apnews.com/article/business-elections-media-social-media-donald-trump-ba09954162b8309419134d7e2488a52e

Isn't this company already under investigation by the SEC???

well shit, no one tell him or might change his mind!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Texas has a state guard. My weirdest high school classmate joined in his 30s and posts a lot about how it’s the real military. 

My weird high school classmate joined while he was in high school (he got some kind of exemption for a requirement, because while he was old enough, there was some other requirement he didn't have).  He even wore his uniform a few times to school, which was weird as fuck since he was already in JROTC and we already wore uniforms at times, and the commander had to tell him to knock it off.  

We didn't have school shooters, but I would have placed him on the top 10 list if we did.

I dealt with TSG once while I was in the NG, and most were competent and and wanted to help but for one reason or another couldn't swing the National Guard, Reserves, or regular military (usually time commitment or age restrictions), kind of like Civil Air Patrol, but some were....wanting to be treated like they were in the NG , and that shit didn't fly because they had no law enforcement authority at all and could not be armed.

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I dealt with TSG once while I was in the NG, and most were competent and and wanted to help but for one reason or another couldn't swing the National Guard, Reserves, or regular military (usually time commitment or age restrictions), kind of like Civil Air Patrol, but some were....wanting to be treated like they were in the NG , and that shit didn't fly because they had no law enforcement authority at all and could not be armed.

In the 90s I was acting detachment commander at a rather isolated armory in the North Carolina National Guard. We shared space with the North Carolina Militia, which was supposed to be just the ground component of the Civil Air Patrol, but they had to camo it up.

Anyway, I never met any of them, but the armory was so far out that what I'd do is drive out there the day before drill, bunk up in the armory, and this was pre-cell-constant-entertainment, so I'd root around in the office for stuff to read.

I came upon the Militia newsletters. It was pretty tame, but it'd pass the time. Oh cool, Private McHurdeehur made Corporal. Then a month or two later, Corporal McHurdeehur (of recent Private status) made Captain. Or why not Colonel.

Later I talked about it with guys at Battalion HQ who had even more Militia sharing space with them, and on the same days. Turns out I'd missed out. The HQ Militia guys had a snit because the Guard weren't saluting their "Officers." Colonel McHurdeehur would not be disrespected! Except he would. Then some of the Militia guys had forgotten to bring hats, so they petitioned to make the parking lot a "No Headgear Zone." That really went over well with the head Guard Warrant Officer, who was the reincarnation of a WW1 French Foreign Legion Adjutant at a post in the Sahara.

Wikipedia tells me that the NC Militia was disbanded in 1996 over some sort of Worker's Comp issue. It doesn't say that it's because they were freaks. But I'm telling you, it's probably because they were freaks.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Just skimmed an opinion piece that sums up how this is the essence of the GQP rather well:

The infliction of pain, the cruelty, the assholery.....it's the point.  It's the ONLY point.

Nihilist death cult.  Literally posing with instruments of death to celebrate.....the birth of God as a human, who communicated above all else a two part message: 1) Love God.  2) Love everyone else.  This image is the perfect encapsulation of the GQP.

Would you mind posting a link to the piece you quoted? Please and thank you.