The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 2/25/2024 at 2:30 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's cute that he thinks he can salvage the RNC:

Late reply but these mf-ers are the ones who sowed the seeds of today's GOP. Politicians like Barbour or Bush Jr. spoke again and again about illegals voting, election fraud, etc. etc. Get more of their base convinced that elections were rigged. They just wanted to make it slightly more difficult for non-whites or liberal whites to vote. Not entirely but just enough to so that you know Bush is working to save democracy.

Now they're pissed that they've lost control of their own creation.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

It's always hilarious to me how, despite their experience of being dumber than almost everyone throughout their lives, the dumbest people have absolutely zero doubt that they've got the real info that the rest of us sheep are missing. 

Dumb people don't know they're dumb. Dunning Kruger out front has been telling you for decades, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Unfortunately someone came up with the bright idea to let them set their own salaries. 

They get federal minimum wage and they have to buy their healthcare on the marketplace. 

BOOM! overnight federal minimum gets raised and universal health care. 

Oh, also if the government gets shutdown, they don't get paid or healthcare. 

BOOM AGAIN! government never gets shutdown again. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Coming soon to the state of Texas, I'm sure:

https://thehill.com/homenews/lgbtq/4491918-tennessee-house-pride-flags-schools/

Tennessee House passes stringent restrictions on pride flags in schools

The measure, House Bill 1605, would prohibit local education agencies from displaying flags other than the United States flag and the Tennessee state flag in public schools. It would allow schools to display the POW/MIA flag, a flag that represents a city or metropolitan government or an official school flag, among other exceptions.

While the bill does not mention LGBTQ pride flags outright, GOP state lawmakers have said it is meant to restrict them.

Bill text:

(1) Prohibits an LEA or public charter school from displaying, or permitting any of its employees or agents to display, a flag other than the following on or in a public school: (i) the U.S. flag; (ii) the official Tennessee state flag; (iii) a flag that cannot be disturbed or altered pursuant to the law relevant to Tennessee heritage protection; (iv) the POW/MIA flag; (v) a flag that represents an Indian tribe, as defined in federal law; (vi) a flag that represents a city, county, metropolitan government, or other political subdivision of this state; (vii) a flag that represents any unit, branch, or other division of the armed forces; (viii) the current, official flag of a country or political subdivision of that country; (ix) a flag that represents a college or university; (x) a flag that is displayed temporarily as part of a bona fide course curriculum; (xi) an official school flag; or (xii) the flag of an organization duly authorized to use a public school building. However, the flag of an organization duly authorized to use a public school building may only be displayed at the time and place that the organization is authorized to use school property;

My reading of that text seem to mean that you could fly the flag of Palestine, but not the pride flag. You could fly the Confederate flag. You could fly the flag of Cal-Berkeley. You could fly this flag, representing the University of Hawaii:

image.thumb.png.a6e4f20d2dbea536226c5fb386383f0f.png

A person guns down kids in a Tennessee school and no changes to gun laws. But flying a pride flag? Fuck that. Not in Tennessee.

Culture wars gonna culture war. Not sure how this stands up to 1st amendment grounds. 

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The measure, House Bill 1605, would prohibit local education agencies from displaying flags other than the United States flag and the Tennessee state flag in public schools. It would allow schools to display the POW/MIA flag, a flag that represents a city or metropolitan government or an official school flag, among other exceptions.

While the bill does not mention LGBTQ pride flags outright, GOP state lawmakers have said it is meant to restrict them.

Bill text:

(1) Prohibits an LEA or public charter school from displaying, or permitting any of its employees or agents to display, a flag other than the following on or in a public school: (i) the U.S. flag; (ii) the official Tennessee state flag; (iii) a flag that cannot be disturbed or altered pursuant to the law relevant to Tennessee heritage protection; (iv) the POW/MIA flag; (v) a flag that represents an Indian tribe, as defined in federal law; (vi) a flag that represents a city, county, metropolitan government, or other political subdivision of this state; (vii) a flag that represents any unit, branch, or other division of the armed forces; (viii) the current, official flag of a country or political subdivision of that country; (ix) a flag that represents a college or university; (x) a flag that is displayed temporarily as part of a bona fide course curriculum; (xi) an official school flag; or (xii) the flag of an organization duly authorized to use a public school building. However, the flag of an organization duly authorized to use a public school building may only be displayed at the time and place that the organization is authorized to use school property;

My reading of that text seem to mean that you could fly the flag of Palestine, but not the pride flag. You could fly the Confederate flag. You could fly the flag of Cal-Berkeley. You could fly this flag, representing the University of Hawaii:

A person guns down kids in a Tennessee school and no changes to gun laws. But flying a pride flag? Fuck that. Not in Tennessee.

Culture wars gonna culture war. Not sure how this stands up to 1st amendment grounds. 

Interestingly enough, if you flew the actual state flag of Hawai'i, you'd also be flying the flag of a foreign government...

image.thumb.png.2bda978f6be0af4e9853bf3e70ecdcb6.png

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I always wonder why I see the POW/MIA flag as the secondary flag at every post office. I respect POWs/MIAs and their families but why the post office?

The lose the mail, I'm sure they misplaced some of their own people.  

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Bill text:

Fuck 'em. Fly the flag of the Village of Hallum in the Netherlands.

image.thumb.png.c16cc36eac7c782d7bd7a128feae27da.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Followup.  It was all just a misunderstanding; "honorary only":

Ok, this isn't for Klan-Boy. It's for the Nazis next to him. Both for the neo-Nazis and the original Brownshirts.

One day you decided to become a Nazi. That's bad enough. But what compels you to adopt the short-sleeved shirt and the cheap little tie? Are you Master Race, or the guy who fixes the copier? Are you a Terror to the  Comintern, or are you the Wendy's manager? Are you a World Conqueror, or the security guard?

I mean, you've already got Hugo Boss designs RIGHT THERE, meant for you. But you know you can't pull it off. How much do I owe you for parking here?

• Drool 1

On 2/28/2024 at 2:22 AM, Hookah Horns said:

The fact that all these congress critters are so fuckin desperate to keep their seats should tell us they're being paid way too much for the amount of work most of them do. We should knock em down to minimum wage and then we'll see who really wants to serve. 

But then we'd truly be stuck with the dumb ones, and that's way too much power for someone working minimum wage.  At that point, they'd also be low class whores for anyone that would pay a few nickels extra.  We should definitely take away their socialized health care plans though.  

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

“Dutch Sheets” sounds like something I’m not going to look up on Urban Dictionary 

21 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Then definitely don't look up Belgian Pillows.

[Brisket, googling both, because what the hell, I may learn something new....]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

16 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Does this one religion practice pedobaptism? Because I am down with burning advocates of credobaptism at the stake. I would also like to see a law that allows for the beheading of anyone that promotes the Canons of Dort.

Papists should have all their legal rights revoked as well. Do Catholics even qualify as people?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1