The movie you just watched

F250

On 4/21/2023 at 12:55 PM, bernorange said:

12 Mighty Orphans.  Decent movie.  Didn't enjoy Newman though.

May have mentioned this before, but we played Masonic Home my Freshman year when we were a Class B school (Class B doesn't exist anymore). Beat them 97 - 0. We were punting on 2nd Down before half.

• Hook 'Em 1

We tried to watch St. Vincent with Bill Murray as a hard drinking, gambling, whoring veteran who bonds with a kid that moves in next door.  The movie was pretty good, if predictable, for what we saw, but our Blu-ray disc was scratched and kept freezing and jumping so we turned it off.  I'll finish watching it some day when I find it streaming for "free" (on a service I am subscribed to).

We tried to watch St. Vincent with Bill Murray as a hard drinking, gambling, whoring veteran who bonds with a kid that moves in next door.  The movie was pretty good, if predictable, for what we saw, but our Blu-ray disc was scratched and kept freezing and jumping so we turned it off.  I'll finish watching it some day when I find it streaming for "free" (on a service I am subscribed to).

I think this is a good movie and worth finishing
  • Hook 'Em 4

21 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I should have posted this trailer for anyone who has not seen it yet. Several of my friends want to see this movie so I am probably going back again. Totally worth another viewing. 

Oh

Hell

YEA!

On 4/27/2023 at 11:33 AM, Underdog said:

Bruce Willis’ finest role/work. 

You meant to type “Nobody’s Fool”. 

21 hours ago, bernorange said:

I’d finish it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/28/2023 at 4:24 PM, bernorange said:

Pretty good film. Bill is at his best when he doesn’t try too much. Understated is his strong point. He should have won an Oscar for Lost in Translation. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I saw Big George Foreman.  It was a simple happy movie like the man. I actually thought that it had too much repetitive boxing.   Much boxing history was left out.  A total newbie watching BGF would learn nothing of a Don King or Mike Tyson. Also nothing of how Angelo Dundee worked with Foreman during his comeback, and quickly mentioned a grill.  But it hit the other major points and was still fun to watch. 

Beau is Afraid is a three hour long anxiety nightmare that I couldn't look away from. Different in many ways from Aster's previous films,  but quite similar in others. Shares vibes with Scorsese's After Hours.  Worth catching on the big screen. Patti LuPone is an icon and so are Parker Posey's tits (funniest/ weirdest sex scene in a long time,  with her and Joaquin Phoenix)

Edited by safe sex
Clarity and specificity

Women Talking (in a barn) 2022

In the end a nice acting exercise for the ladies.  It could have used a "goodbye whore" line at the end. I had hopes that it would get all wacky and violent, but instead it addressed the important question as to how long one could be in a meeting with a bunch of women without pulling one's hair out. 

I do like Jessie Buckley. 

MV5BM2Y1NjA0YTItMjFlYS00MTVlLWFiMzQtMmI4

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/3/2023 at 2:25 AM, safe sex said:

Beau is Afraid is a three hour long anxiety nightmare that I couldn't look away from. Different in many ways from Aster's previous films,  but quite similar in others. Shares vibes with Scorsese's After Hours.  Worth catching on the big screen. Patti LuPone is an icon and so are Parker Posey's tits (funniest/ weirdest sex scene in a long time,  with her and Joaquin Phoenix)

Pretty similar to what I’ve heard from others. I’m still on the fence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 yesterday on a day off. All Quiet on the Western Front in German. Excellent. The Nice Guys. Older movie, but funny dark comedy. If Beale Street Could Talk. Very well done and poignant. A Man Called Otto. Better than I thought it would be. 

Also went to see Air over the weekend. Really enjoyed it. 

Edited by Mo Horn

Just recently rewatched The Right Stuff for the first time since I saw it in the theater as a kid with my dad (and I still remember being surprised it had an intermission). Such a great movie and what a murderer’s row of great actors/actresses in it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1