The movie you just watched

F250

Lots of airplane movies in the last couple weeks:

Tenet- interesting movie that took some extra brain power to figure out what was going on. Didn’t care for the acting by the protagonist but Kenneth Branagh was great as usual.

Puss in Boots The Last Wish- surprisingly entertaining. Saw the original years ago with my kids and was curious about this one. Very very good.

Creed III- meh. I mean I saw the first two and had low expectations for this one, but it was a very weak and predictable.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves- zero expectations, other than my daughter said I’d really like it. And you know what? She was right. I have no understanding of the D&D world, but it was very entertaining with a few laugh out loud moments.

Interstellar- saw in theaters and was thoroughly captivated, but never revisited. It was just as good the second time around. Plus, Anne Hathaway = wheelhouse. Just don’t tell my wife.

Tetris

Mama Llama, Baby Llama and I really enjoyed it. Baby Llama is a child of the 80s and we played a helluva lot of Zelda, Galaga, Qbert, Tetris, all that jazz. Very clever the  way the filmmakers incorporated “primitive” 80s video game graphics and animation into actual images and scenes. The plot (supposedly true) was a ripper. Inspiring, actually.

On 6/28/2023 at 11:30 AM, wutang75 said:

Rewatched Man on Fire for maybe the 5th time. Maybe my favorite Denzel movie.

Is the opinion that Man On Fire >>>> Training Day a crazy statement for the rest of you?

That is what they call a dead heat in horse racing-both are excellent and almost too close to call a winner.

Re-watched some "recent" classics (Michael Clayton, What We Do in the Shadows, and Arrival) and one 90s lemon (Last Man Standing).

Michael Clayton is criminally underappreciated (not on this board, but in the mainstream). Don't know how many times I've seen it but it never gets old. Tom Wilkinson steals every freakin' scene.

As funny as WWDitS is, I think I enjoy the TV series more, probably just because of Mark Proksch.

Third time watching Arrival. It's a wonderful flick but also a very heavy meal. Definitely a punch to the gut.

Best thing I can say about Last Man Standing is Bruce Dern's peculiarly squirrely voice always makes me grin and it's always nice to see William Sanderson.

• Hook 'Em 3

I watched half of Knives Out: The Glass Onion. I was having trouble staying awake. I paused the movie and saw there was still another hour to go, so I bailed. I found Kate Hudson entrancing, and that was about it. Oh, and Edward Norton breathed a little life into the movie for just a little while.

Before that, I watched Extraction 2. I don't remember anything about the original, but thoroughly enjoyed this actioner. Some nice filmic flair such as when he takes a bash on the head or later when the train crashes.

Bone Tomahawk.  I didn't know anything about it going in.  Wow.

Haha - I love seeing reactions to this movie. Last 30 minutes is….jarring. I’m a big fan. I actually think it’s better on the second viewing.

I’d you haven’t seen S. Craig Zahler’s other work definitely check out Dragged Across Concrete and Brawl in Cellblock 99.

On 7/13/2023 at 12:34 PM, wutang75 said:

Haha - I love seeing reactions to this movie. Last 30 minutes is….jarring. I’m a big fan. I actually think it’s better on the second viewing.

I’d you haven’t seen S. Craig Zahler’s other work definitely check out Dragged Across Concrete and Brawl in Cellblock 99.

Cell block 99 is very good 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

The Money Pit was on IFC earlier today, holds up well, imo. 

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Anytime somebody asks me how long something that can’t obviously be done right that instant will take I always reply, “two weeks” and then chuckle to myself in my head.

This movie always makes me laugh.

IMG_0487.gif.97e8e75adfbad89a0363990166afdd8e.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Underdog said:

The Money Pit was on IFC earlier today, holds up well, imo. 

12 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Anytime somebody asks me how long something that can’t obviously be done right that instant will take I always reply, “two weeks” and then chuckle to myself in my head.

It's great, but the original is better.

Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House - Re-release Trailer - YouTube

If it ain't Wham, it ain't ham!

• Hook 'Em 3

It's my mission in life to pass on critical social value films just to expand their world view. Started down a bowling wormhole with a random comment and I brought up Kingpin. He'd never heard of it. I have given him an assignment.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, RPM said:

Asteroid City. VERY Wes Anderson. Loved it.

Reveal hidden contents

Brief Scarlett Johansson nude scene.

The overpass killed me everytime they showed it.   I really enjoyed the movie, but I have a feeling that I'm missing something.  The main arc is missing or I missed it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

John Wick 4 - it was okay. Feel like it jumped the shark a little bit with Wick basically being bullet proof. The first 3 he at least pretended to avoid being shot. 

Just watched 2 and 3 on a long flight yesterday.

YARN | and sort of disagree with you there. | Office Space | Video gifs by  quotes | 776241dd | 紗

Only seen 1,2 and 3.  Which are all essentially the same movie.   

It's mindless shoot'em up.  

• Hook 'Em 1