The movie you just watched

F250

4 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

There was one?

Ha Ha.

They just entered the mud-wrestling scene. There are so many subtleties in this movie. It’s just awesome.

We didn’t have lights on our football field in high school so every Friday night a bunch of us would be at my house to watch Stripes before curfew. It’s just a great movie.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, RPM said:

Asteroid City. VERY Wes Anderson. Loved it.

Reveal hidden contents

Brief Scarlett Johansson nude scene.

The last scene when the credits roll is golden.  Go see what I mean, no spoiler here.

Not sure how I missed this when it came out.   Directed by Taika Waititi, but it had a strong Wes Anderson vibe, which I really liked.  

Heavy topic, but a few good laugh out loud moments.  

Particularly the Yorki character...(spoiler below)

Jojo_Rabbit_(2019)_poster.jpg

Spoiler

59r943.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Not sure how I missed this when it came out.   Directed by Taika Waititi, but it had a strong Wes Anderson vibe, which I really liked.  
Heavy topic, but a few good laugh out loud moments.  
Particularly the Yorki character...(spoiler below)
Jojo_Rabbit_(2019)_poster.jpg
Spoiler

59r943.jpg

“We landed on the moon!” Gif.

Watched the Little Richard biopic last night. Excellent vintage images and sounds, well edited. His big mistake was breaking his original contract to go to the seminary. He kissed a zillion dollars of royalties goodbye. Shit ain’t fair but there it is. Still and all he was an absolute icon and lived to be 88. Well worth the watch.

Edited by Bama Llama
His

I watched a YouTube documentary on Angry Grandma, a YouTuber/TikToker or whatever where this woman’s grandson pranks her and generally makes her mad and she cusses like a sailor and then strings her along to drag it out. Here’s an episode if you feel like watching it. NSFW language.

• Haha 1

The Last Rider. Biographical documentary about Lemind with obvious focus on the 89 Tour de France victory. It was well done and I enjoyed it. Unfortunate that Fignon isn’t around to be included.

This is one of my most vivid sports memories. At the time my older brother was competitively racing. I was also into it and had done several citizen races. So my whole family watched it together.

• Like 1

Last Voyage of the Demeter. It’s the untold story of the ship that brought Dracula from Romania to England.

This was pretty good. It’s basically Alien on a boat. Long on atmosphere and suspense. It set up a sequel nicely so we will see if they make enough money to get it made. I’m sure this was low budget but every dollar made it on the screen and it looks really good.

• Hook 'Em 1

Less Than Zero. Haven’t seen it since it came out but just remembered the guy who played the dad in this was Tom Cruise’s dad in Risky Business. This dad seems to be too full of coke to care if you messed with his equalizer.

Also Michael Bowen was in Valley Girl and coma patient Uma Thurman’s pimp for that got his head squashed in Kill Bill

Finally found the Zahler movies for free on Tubi and have been wanting to watch Brawl in Cell Black 99, but decided to start with his first one Bone Tomahawk that some of you have mentioned here.  

meh.  Very fucking slow for most of it.  Finally ramped up towards the end.  Killing scenes were pretty much the same as the Terrifier scene I was talking about on that post.  

Hoping Brawl in Cell Black 99 is better 

The Beanie Bubble - AppleTV - Story of Ty Toys and Beanie Babies. Much better than I expected and a pretty good story. Zach Galifianakis is unrecognizable clean shaven (I had to check IMDB to be sure) and gives one hell of a performance. Elizabeth Banks, Sarah Snook and Geraldine Viswanathan are excellent. 8.5 out of 10.

12 hours ago, RPM said:

The Beanie Bubble - AppleTV - Story of Ty Toys and Beanie Babies. Much better than I expected and a pretty good story. Zach Galifianakis is unrecognizable clean shaven (I had to check IMDB to be sure) and gives one hell of a performance. Elizabeth Banks, Sarah Snook and Geraldine Viswanathan are excellent. 8.5 out of 10.

That reminds me.  My ex started collecting those things from the very beginning and she has a trunk full of them that she brought over here to store.  I need to go through it to see if she has one of the few that are actually worth something now.

Triangle of Sadness (2022)

https://images-prod.dazeddigital.com/2000/azure/dazed-prod/1330/2/1332786.jpg

Holy shit this movie was great.  I went it not knowing anything about it. (For some reason I thought it was about an old couple just hanging around).  Hard to imagine how I would have viewed it had I known anything about it - the whole point was the surprise.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Emperor of the North Pole (1973)- Lee Marvin is the OG hobo and Keith Carradine is the young smart mouth newb during the great depression. Ernest Borgnine is the cold blooded Conductor that hates hobos. Excellent.

Edited by RPM

On 8/2/2023 at 6:17 AM, GoPokes83 said:

I watched a YouTube documentary on Angry Grandma, a YouTuber/TikToker or whatever where this woman’s grandson pranks her and generally makes her mad and she cusses like a sailor and then strings her along to drag it out. Here’s an episode if you feel like watching it. NSFW language.