2018 Hurricane Season

Lobwedgephil

57 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Aw man. That clip from Saint George Island makes me unspeakably sad.

It’s one of the few spots left that hasn’t been overdeveloped and isn’t covered in neon and lights.

Beautiful place and I have great memories from going there.

Ugh.

Well, It's less developed now...

• Like 3

Checking in on generator power from the suburbs North of Tallahassee! Generac GP6500E FTMFW.

Just got 4g back after about 18hrs without any connectivity.

Ask me anything about Michael. Survived it with two little kids. Chainsaw bit the dust. Four wheeler also needs some attention.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Checking in on generator power from the suburbs North of Tallahassee! Generac GP6500E FTMFW.

Ask me anything about Michael. Survived it with two little kids. Chainsaw bit the dust. Four wheeler also needs some attention.

How long before you think you get power.

Devastating storm for sure. You dodged a bullet
Images of Mexico beach are amazing. I think this will make more people evacuate in the future

Power could be a while. I live way out in the woods. Local electricity cooperative. Not city power. No way to really know. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Sunday.

I do have DirecTV and a handshake deal with several friends who have city power and cable to let them watch football here Saturday if they bring gas cans.

1 minute ago, bigshark88 said:

I do have DirecTV and a handshake deal with several friends who have city power and cable to let them watch football here Saturday if they bring gas cans.

God Bless America!  Anyone have any pics or reports from Port St. Joe?

14 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

That's nuts.  It's probably obvious, but that base won't be repaired for years.  Same thing happened to Homestead back in '92 after Hurricane Andrew.  Knowing all the bureaucratic bullshit we have to endure just to get a water fountain repaired, I can't imagine how the process will look to get Tyndall back to normal.  And I truly feel for you because I'm sure there's no quick way to PCS 1000s of people at the same time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Updawg said:

How long before you think you get power.

Devastating storm for sure. You dodged a bullet
Images of Mexico beach are amazing. I think this will make more people evacuate in the future

If images of the destruction of Ike and Katrina didn't get people to evacuate this one, I'm not sure these images will help. People are stubborn when it comes to their homes.

9 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

It’s pretty amazing to go to go to Google Maps and look at the before satellite images for that exact area and realize that the casualty numbers are as low as they are. Those are multiple blocks just right there that have been completely wiped out. Mexico Beach still had a number of vacant lots in it, but that section there between the canal and 38th street or so was built up quite a bit. We looked at condos on the Harbor there at one point before we decided to go further south.

11 hours ago, bigshark88 said:

Hope you got some bug spray bro

3 minutes ago, bigshark88 said:

Lots of media attention at the coast but I am hearing there's extensive, deadly damage inland in poor / rural areas north of 10. Towns like Marianna, Sneads and Gretna apparently got crushed

No doubt.   But of course, Marianna, Sneads, and Gretna don’t generate tourist revenue so TWC and other outlets don’t care