Victory tees for regular season games are fucking aggy

Roofle

I will admit to buying a shirt for a regular season victory.  Once.

1990, Texas vs UH.  45-24.  And bear in mind that they has absolutely scorched us the three years preceding (60-40, 66-15 and 47-9).

Plus, the shirt was funny as hell.  Showed a Longhorn holding a cougar up by his neck in a chokehold. Shirt read: "The Cougars were pu$$ies"

I give myself a pass on that one.

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Indeed, shocking that they would do so. Particularly without first consulting the authoritative advice of Surly posters. 

Should've had TreatyOak design it.  To date, his designs have been met with nothing but pure adulation.

• Like 1

We always had those.  I remember there even being score shirts for games vs SWC nothing teams sometimes.  I wouldn't buy one myself, but its fine.  Its supposed to be fun to beat your rival.  Not sure when our fanbase decided we were supposed to always be stoic and "just do business," win the MNC and walk away silently without even clapping.  Maybe about the time "We're Texas" came out as a slogan.  Really, we don't even come close to winning enough to have that attitude.  Only school that does is Bama and even they have Auburn victory t-shirts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

It gets worse

2018_BeatShirtMockup_Banner.png

The Co-op has pretty much always done shirts for victories(and probably ones like these). I almost never see anyone wearing them.

FTR, I saw lots of Sooners wearing beat Texas (or something like it) shirt, hats, and buttons.

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I will admit to buying a shirt for a regular season victory.  Once.

1990, Texas vs UH.  45-24.  And bear in mind that they has absolutely scorched us the three years preceding (60-40, 66-15 and 47-9).

Plus, the shirt was funny as hell.  Showed a Longhorn holding a cougar up by his neck in a chokehold. Shirt read: "The Cougars were pu$$ies"

I give myself a pass on that one.

You were also 28 years younger.  I don't know how old you are now, but I'll guess that wasn't the only dumb decision you made in 1990.

I was at that game -- it was damn loud. 

56 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

The Co-op has pretty much always done shirts for victories(and probably ones like these). I almost never see anyone wearing them.

FTR, I saw lots of Sooners wearing beat Texas (or something like it) shirt, hats, and buttons.

just about every shirt you see has a reference to Texas . they actually have a shirt with a picture of a hand doing the horns down . very , very  few polos , or button ups with a logo . and the the opposite of that with Texas fans . but then again wild things don't know they are wild, they just are . gooners gonna goon 

33 minutes ago, mr.goodkat said:

just about every shirt you see has a reference to Texas . they actually have a shirt with a picture of a hand doing the horns down . very , very  few polos , or button ups with a logo . and the the opposite of that with Texas fans . but then again wild things don't know they are wild, they just are . gooners gonna goon 

google "OU shirts" this is the first image:

Oklahoma Sooners Fanatics Branded Hometown Collection Horns Down T-Shirt - Crimson, Men's, Size: Medium, Red

Came to this thread hoping to see a story about how aggy was losing money on regular season victory shirts, or a story about aggy being defrauded by a t-shirt company, or that someone posted a video of an aggy being fucked with a t-shirt (hoping against that but in a can't look away "train wreck" way).

Turns out it was none of those things.  

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Every damn female ou student was wearing the “BMFS” badges. God damn kids these days, their shit isn’t even funny or witty. 

12 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

I'll admit, I bought the shirt the year we broke the streak against OU. I was in college. It said something about being another stop on the Pasadena trail. Fortunately, it held up. No ragrets.

Bro obviously championship season shirts are except. Someone send me a "Hey Kansas fucks remember when we were up 56-0 on you at the half" t-shirt and I'll wear it.